D17A2 with D17A1 motor - Honda Civic Forum

Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-09-2005   #1
DONT PANIC

turboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to all
D17A2 with D17A1 motor

Since i couldnt wait another 8 weeks for my new rods to arrive, i decided to buy a new motor to temporarily put into my 02 Lx. But the only motor near me was a D17A2. It came with everything i needed (complete motor, intake mani, TB, alternator, PS pump, mounts, tranny, axels, harness, ECU).

So i go down and pick up the motor. I get it home at about 5:30. By 8:30 it was in the car ready to run. The only thing that held me back was a small problem with the slave cylinder. But i solved that today.

But i havent recieved the D17A2 ecu yet, so i decided to try the A1 ecu. It works fine. No vtec, but the car drives. Should be swapping in the vtec ecu tomorrow or this weekend.

So after 6 months of down time, the beast is alive again.
turboengnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005   #2
::+::My Girlfriend is hot, but I'm still GAY::+::

yourinmyw0rld has a spectacular aura aboutyourinmyw0rld has a spectacular aura about
should of got a temp motor long time ago
yourinmyw0rld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005   #3
DONT PANIC

turboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to all
yea. but every time i asked the status on my built motor, they said "it will be done next week". And i heard that for 6 months. from 4 different companies. And they were all mostly my friends.

So lesson learned: Dont depend on friends for timely work.
Old 09-09-2005   #4
jdmtytedoridori
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Al Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of light
damn, 3 hours, nice
Al Gore FTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005   #5
DONT PANIC

look at my sig.

i have a broken shoulder, and i did it that quick.

Dont under-estimate f*cked up people!
Old 09-09-2005   #6
jdmtytedoridori
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Al Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of light
^lol
Al Gore FTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005   #7

liljoe is an unknown quantity at this point
i have a question. you mention axels+mounts in your post above. Those aren't needed to swap an A2 into a LX are they?? I thought they were the same parts.

I just bought a 2003 D17a2 to swap into my 01 LX, but it didn't come with any axles, ecu, mounts, harness, etc.
liljoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005   #8
Back From The Banned!

CuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really nice
I think a VAFC would work also
CuRiOuSfIsH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005   #9
Drunken Master-7thgen Ninja

MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
you need to go the the bbb and rat on some of your so called "friends" cause it don't take months to put together a motor is you know what your doing. dang, go whip some *** man.congrats on your new motor
MajinB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #10
DONT PANIC

they actually werent even assembling it. They were making custom pistons, custom rods, and a set of sleeves.

No, you dont need axels or mounts. Mine just came with them. i had a bad front mount anyway. Too much boost, too many slicks.