Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Painted interior pics

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2005

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
soonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the rough
Painted interior pics

I painted the interior last weekend and just got it all cleaned up. Heres some pics. I used Cherry Red and black because it matches the carbon fiber dash kit perfectly. In some of the pics it doesnt, but that because of how the CF photographs, but its perfect in person. Any positive or negative comments are welcome. Thanks.

Old 09-05-2005
Life Begins > 6800rpms
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

blouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to behold
wow - looks pretty good
Old 09-05-2005
Registered!!

johnbt23 is a name known to alljohnbt23 is a name known to alljohnbt23 is a name known to alljohnbt23 is a name known to alljohnbt23 is a name known to alljohnbt23 is a name known to alljohnbt23 is a name known to all
in the words of paris hilton " that's hot "
Old 09-05-2005
ThE CoRRupToR

dru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nice
Dam!!! Not another one!!! I have a sedan and it sux cuz the interrior is grey and i want all black so desperately and you guys with coupes destroy em by painting over a perfect black interrior lol.....Its not gonna last long for sure, But oh well.........
Old 09-05-2005

soonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by dru106
Dam!!! Not another one!!! I have a sedan and it sux cuz the interrior is grey and i want all black so desperately and you guys with coupes destroy em by painting over a perfect black interrior lol.....Its not gonna last long for sure, But oh well.........
well this is actually black first of all, not the charcoal color it was before and this looks so much better. Also, the pillars were originally grey but i went with black on those too. It actually should be very durable because of the paint and method i used. I used Krylon Fusion paint for the black, which is special for plastic and wont chip after 7 days. The red is actually an automotive paint with a plastic primer and a real automotive clear coat on top so i have a sacrificial layer thats easy to repair if need be. So the durability, while never perfect, should be just fine especially if i take care of it.
Old 09-05-2005
Fiji Club Member

HondaGuy12 is on a distinguished road
looks good
Old 09-05-2005
I log in from time to time

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
looks great!
Old 09-05-2005
Banned

MiamiUgen7 is a name known to allMiamiUgen7 is a name known to allMiamiUgen7 is a name known to allMiamiUgen7 is a name known to allMiamiUgen7 is a name known to allMiamiUgen7 is a name known to allMiamiUgen7 is a name known to allMiamiUgen7 is a name known to all
you do know that all that shine you put on there is going to attract a crazy amount of dust and its gonna look like crap in a week, right?
Old 09-05-2005

Originally Posted by MiamiUgen7
you do know that all that shine you put on there is going to attract a crazy amount of dust and its gonna look like crap in a week, right?
Well its been a week, and yes it does attract dust but not any more than the regular dash did before. I just wipe it right off and go on with my life. Thanks for the compliments guys.
Old 09-05-2005

ncirom2003 will become famous soon enough
and it will chip off when people kick it by mistake and ****,
props to u cus it looks wicked nice and clean but good luck
Old 09-05-2005
Registered!!

noVICe is an unknown quantity at this point
that looks nice... but i also wonder about the longetivity of it. my cousin sprayed his interior on his camry and it chipped off when i "accidently" touch it.

how was the process? and is there a presence of paint vapor?
Old 09-05-2005
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
not bad. black + red = hot
Old 09-05-2005

Originally Posted by vtecinEX7
that looks nice... but i also wonder about the longetivity of it. my cousin sprayed his interior on his camry and it chipped off when i "accidently" touch it.

how was the process? and is there a presence of paint vapor?
The vapor was crazy for about 3 days, especially with 95 degree heat outside, but i kept the windows down as much as possible and that helped alot but its fine now. Im not so worried about the longevity for a few reasons. #1 Nobody ever rides in my car except for me and my girl and #2 before i did anything to the car itself, i tested and tested for about 3 weeks to make sure i had the right process and materials. Also, with a clear on top, if it does get scratched odds are good it will just be the clear. And thats easy to repair, as i found out from the testing. I also have about every color of red paint you can buy so that i got an exact match.
Old 09-05-2005
This is not my batman glass!!

saugashan should not be trustedsaugashan should not be trustedsaugashan should not be trusted
i kick my door open when i get out, so i guess painting is not an option for me
Old 09-05-2005
ThE CoRRupToR

dru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nice
Originally Posted by saugashan
i kick my door open when i get out, so i guess painting is not an option for me

Hhaha!! I do that sometimes. But i usually push it out wit my arms...
Old 09-05-2005
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
yea somehow I have all these black marks on mine and they won't come off. I think tryin to get out my shoe always scrapes it.
Old 09-05-2005
Registered!!

sofabolous is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by dru106
i share ur pain.. i want an all black interior so bad lol
Old 09-05-2005
Registered!!

AznChinksta is just really niceAznChinksta is just really niceAznChinksta is just really niceAznChinksta is just really niceAznChinksta is just really nice
nice looks good
Old 09-05-2005
It's Nice To Be Important, But It's More Important To Be Nice.

Fiji_Blue_EM2 is just really niceFiji_Blue_EM2 is just really niceFiji_Blue_EM2 is just really niceFiji_Blue_EM2 is just really niceFiji_Blue_EM2 is just really nice
I LOVE IT!!!!

Thats exactly what I want to do to mine!
Old 09-06-2005
There is gl@ss in my @SS...

drew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond repute
Looks good, i thought about painting my dash around my HU red, but now i changed my mind and i'm going to fiberglass it and paint it black, i dont want anything to jump out.
Old 10-29-2005
Registered!!

Ratz-2004 is an unknown quantity at this point
I cant see the pics )-;
Old 10-30-2005

go to "see my ride" the pics are in there. i dont know why they arent working on here anymore.
Old 10-30-2005
Ride BMX

Mutha Fn FBM 85 will become famous soon enoughMutha Fn FBM 85 will become famous soon enough
Looks awesome! You should get some leather seats in there now. They'd look really good with the paint. Anyways great job!
Old 10-30-2005
ALGARETE

PICHY is a glorious beacon of lightPICHY is a glorious beacon of lightPICHY is a glorious beacon of lightPICHY is a glorious beacon of lightPICHY is a glorious beacon of lightPICHY is a glorious beacon of light
yes it looks very nice man good job......
Old 10-30-2005
Registered!!

Ratz-2004 is an unknown quantity at this point
nice..... i like it!! great job man!!!!