Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

I have recently acquired a Civic

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Radek is an unknown quantity at this point
I have recently acquired a Civic

Ok, it is a stock 1999 Honda civic DX Hatchback, black. I even put it into a curb and bent two rims, my rack and pinion and bent a control arm. I swear, I wasn't going that fast.

Alright, my first step after replacing those things is to fix my brakes (I also warped the rotors) and my plan is to do that with slotted rotors and firehawk pads.

So, I'm looking into upgrades, for all systems.

Alright, so I want suggestions on what upgrades I might consider for increased performance in:
braking
acceleration
horsepower
gas milage
Suspension

and also what I might want to do were I to swap the engine, for that is a serious consideration.

So far, suggestions have been made for an intake, headers and Multiple Spark system, for performance.

Suspension: TEIN Basic is what was suggested.

I dont plan to do any racing, but I do like to drive quickly, and would like to get into racing... so what would I want to do for safety in regards to that?

Thanks a bunch,
Galen
Old 08-24-2005
Unsalvageable

rEkKaShInObI should not be trustedrEkKaShInObI should not be trustedrEkKaShInObI should not be trustedrEkKaShInObI should not be trusted
might have to do some reading around the forums to find some answers.
Old 08-24-2005
Registered!!

TemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to all
honda-tech.com is probably a better web site to get info on the 6th gen civic. You can probably pick up the parts your looking for for pretty cheap too.

If you want to do a swap, you can probably pick up a b16 for pretty cheap. My friend paid $950 for his b16 swap installed.
Old 08-24-2005
Boosted 04

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
joshb_ is just really nicejoshb_ is just really nicejoshb_ is just really nicejoshb_ is just really nice
b16 is the suck
If you want mad reving and no toruqe get a b16, I would suggjest swapping a b18c1 or something like that cause they are better for boost in the long run. Dont waste money on bolts ons for your d series unless you plan on spraying or turboing it....just speaking from experince on a few civics....bolts ons are pretty much a waste of money for d series motors.
Old 08-24-2005
Registered!!

Vantage should not be trusted
Braking: Get 99-00 Civic Si Rear disc conversion, can also use integra rear disc's. No need to get anything beefier than that unless ur gunna do autoX

Acceleration: Get a b16a or a b18c1, b16a are sweet if ur on a budget, can be built into high HP monsters, if u hate the torque throw on a 50 shot. B18c1's are still very expensive but also a great engine.

Horsepower: Read Above, Also if u have little $$$ get a b18b, very easy install into a 1999 DX, Great engine to be turbo'd if u can at a later point. Lots of torque, but take it from me, TERRIBLE TO RUN N/A!!!

Gas Milage: The second u start modding ur engine, or get a new engine ur milage goes down, deal with it.

Suspension: If ur not doing any racing, get a cheap set of Springs, H&R Race's are nice, a set of koni's and ur fine. A few Strut bars if u want it more ridgid. tien's are nice but overpriced IMO!

Anymore questions shoot me a PM.