Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Stupid dealer scratched up bumper when I brought in in for service!

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nyyanks81 will become famous soon enoughnyyanks81 will become famous soon enough
Stupid dealer scratched up bumper when I brought in in for service!

My rear bumper was absolutely perfect until I bought it in to the dealer for warranty service. It seems they don't know how to park cars and left 2 screw head indentations (from the car behind me) on my rear bumper. I don't understand why they need to park their cars together so close!

I just discovered this (today) 2 days later after I brought it back from the dealer. It now looks like 2 dots with a "+" embedded in the paint.

Should I just clean it up a bit and put in some touch up paint or should I leave it?
Old 08-17-2005
Tejas PimP
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Danger Mouse is just really niceDanger Mouse is just really niceDanger Mouse is just really niceDanger Mouse is just really niceDanger Mouse is just really nice
I would take it back and question them about it... If the car that they park yours next to is still there then you will be able to prove it and make thier sorry asses pay for it!
Old 08-17-2005
I just burnt my tongue

ragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really nice
if u take it back they're be like hey its not our problem...u didnt catch it on the day u got it back so its a waste of time to go back...that happened with my car...after our curb incident we got it towed to a honda dealership that does repairs and they quoted us too high of a price so we told them we're gonna do the repairs elsewhere...when we got the car back there was this huge dent in the passenger side fender like fist size as in some ******* at the dealership punched the fender cuz he was pissed off that he wasnt getting $3800 + commision to fix our car...(we took it to a friends shop and he did repairs on it for parts only)...anyways we tried to talk to the dealership that thats what they said..."its not our problem" so we asked to see some video footage and they said they reviewed it and saw someone walking by the car and standing near that fender but "he didnt do anything" bullshit from them...so we showed them...couple of dented fenders on lot cars would **** them off...
Old 08-17-2005
PWIT
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

CenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond repute
how do you know it was the dealer if you noticed it 2 days later? how do you know it wasnt someone else in a parking lot? thats why when my car comes out of the shop i check the thing like crazy.
Old 08-17-2005
Registered!!

bluestreak is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm sure it was the dealer, the other day I picked up my car from warranty service and the f'n thing was so shoe horned into a straight line of cars, it honestly made me do a 38 point turn, seriously, my girl came by (she dropped me off) and asked what the f I was doing, there was no more than a copule inches total between the front and back of me
Old 08-17-2005
< My future wife.

armieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by bluestreak
I'm sure it was the dealer, the other day I picked up my car from warranty service and the f'n thing was so shoe horned into a straight line of cars, it honestly made me do a 38 point turn, seriously, my girl came by (she dropped me off) and asked what the f I was doing, there was no more than a copule inches total between the front and back of me
Lol I like the way you worded that... "shoe horned".... "what the f i was doing".... "38 point turn".... that made my day. +rep... LOLLL
Old 08-17-2005
Registered!!

nyyanks81 will become famous soon enoughnyyanks81 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Silver02EX5Spd
how do you know it was the dealer if you noticed it 2 days later? how do you know it wasnt someone else in a parking lot? thats why when my car comes out of the shop i check the thing like crazy.
The 2 indentations in the paint are very well disguised (good enough to fool a car dealer?). I mean you really have to look at it and stare at the bumper for few secs before you see the 2 marks there, its like an inch or so above that horizontal crease in the bumper. When I took the car back from the dealer, I walked around to see if any damage was done but did not see anything that caught my eye so I drove off (I should of looked more carefully).

Those 2 marks are caused by the Civic license plate holder in the front bumper.

Last edited by nyyanks81; 08-17-2005 at 11:14 AM.
Old 08-18-2005
Registered!!

typeRDreamer is an unknown quantity at this point
well u gotta be able to prove it to them....or else they wont fix it...
Old 08-18-2005
Registered!!

Da1lyDr1ver has a spectacular aura aboutDa1lyDr1ver has a spectacular aura about
just leave it alone, touch-up paint will make it worse and stand out more due to the color matching.