96 Civic Ex Dyno - Honda Civic Forum

Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-12-2005   #1
Registered!!

infamous is an unknown quantity at this point
96 Civic Ex Dyno

My friend went to dyno shop yesterday to tune his vtec controller and his hp. He got I/H/E + camshaft.

Results: (All are in 3rd gear pull)

1. 90.5 ft/lbs torque; 95.5 wheel HP

2. 101.9 ft/lbs torque; 114.5 wheel HP

Is that a good result? Just wondering because all I know so far is flywheel HP and don't know much about wheel HP. So guys, opinions....
infamous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005   #2
Registered!!

streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all
its pretty pointless to upgrade to a bigger lift camshaft and still run a stock valvetrain. Those numbers look pretty normal for a civic running I/H/E setup. You dont get much.

To sum it up, flywheel horsepower is what HP the engine actually produces. Wheel HP is the actual HP the car puts down at the wheels. The dynos measure the Wheel HP of the car. The wheel HP is always going to be lower because the engine accessories consume alot of power. And by the time it is measured at the wheels, alot is tooken up.

I am pretty sure someone can explain it better, but thats a sum of it.
streetglower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005   #3
Registered!!

gotarheels03 is an unknown quantity at this point
yup, most of the crank to wheel horsepower thats lost is drivetrain loss. With a M/T its probably around 15% maybe a bit less, A/T is around 20%, so those numbers look about right.
gotarheels03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005   #4
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
10whp is not bad, altho the cam prolly didn't help much. you need more engine work for that to work properly (ported head, cam gear, etc.)
gearbox is offline   Reply With Quote