Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

new car, screw boost

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2005
Subarus FTW I do NOT miss my civic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2K1Civic17"Gabe is an unknown quantity at this point
new car, screw boost

unless on a factory turbod car. hehe

except Im looking at the Mazda 6 right now. I like the masdaspeed miata, but they are only 2 seaters.

I blew my hg 2 days ago. My 2yo son kept saying, fast daddy, fast. After about 15 minutes of that, once I pulled about 1/4 mile from my house, I stepped on it. at 9psi, after about 50-60mph, we heard a loud POP. I turned my car on the next day, and coolant was coming out of the exhaust (on idle, not driving of course). So I turned it off before normal oper. temp.

Im gonna part EVERYTHING on my car out to get it back to stock. Than swap an EX motor (hopefully EX) in and sell it. Anybody want parts?
Old 08-04-2005
Its a celebration bitches!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
HondaLuver will become famous soon enough
shouldn't this be in the forsale area?
Old 08-04-2005
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

aznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud of
werd ... d17's are not meant for f/i
Old 08-04-2005
7thgen Power Maker

dezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to behold
Mazda 6 was a marketing mishap.............That was supposed to be the newly designed Ford Taurus, but Ford thought it was too radical to introduce under Ford's name, so they introduced it under Mazda's name as a new car.

Good luck on a new car hunt.
Old 08-04-2005
Subarus FTW I do NOT miss my civic

2K1Civic17"Gabe is an unknown quantity at this point
I like the mazda 6, it looks clean, plus the interior is nicer than the vic. I could make it look sweeeeet
Old 08-04-2005
Registered!!

Wolfgang5884 has a spectacular aura aboutWolfgang5884 has a spectacular aura aboutWolfgang5884 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by HondaLuver
shouldn't this be in the forsale area?
Is it me or do most of your posts sound b*tchy?
Old 08-04-2005
Turbo Guru

andyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond repute

Seriously, why do people feel the need to post every thought and incident they have?
Old 08-04-2005
Smuggling bananas and mexicans all for one low price...
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

TheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond repute
I'm almost in the same boat lol. Lookingat used s2ks, then boost that lmfao
Old 08-04-2005
Wicked Pissah Admin

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Havok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant future
Gtsooh
Old 08-04-2005
That is not an ordinary rabbit tis the most foul cruel beast

WhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by aznboysrfr
werd ... d17's are not meant for f/i
people are learning that, swap is the only hope for these cars.. Maybe next they will learn that N/A is the only way to go as well
Old 08-04-2005
Turbo Guru

andyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by WhiteCastle
people are learning that, swap is the only hope for these cars.. Maybe next they will learn that N/A is the only way to go as well
Yeah, say that to the driver of this civic.....

Small horsepower numbers....
BTW, that's just a 2.0 litre Honda engine with a turbo and running lean at the top of 4th. Best time to date was 10.9 (at 6,000 ft) with a trap of 137. But yeah, you're right, N/A is the only way to go....
I see lots of n/a honda motors making that much hp all the time

And this wasn't 1st place for being an average car (like a corvette.)
Do me a favor and STFU until you learn something about forced induction.

Last edited by andyman97; 08-04-2005 at 08:51 PM.
Old 08-04-2005
ASE Certified Master Tech (A1-A8)

skipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to all
^im pretty sure he was refering to the whimpy d17 in the 7thgen.
Old 08-04-2005
Turbo Guru

There are people close to making over 300 whp on the whimpy d17's as well. I won't stop till I hit 350 whp, and I will. If we can make nearly 600 on a 2.0 litre, we'll make over 350 on a 1.7.
Old 08-04-2005
Life Begins > 6800rpms

blouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by andyman97
Yeah, say that to the driver of this civic.....

Small horsepower numbers....
BTW, that's just a 2.0 litre Honda engine with a turbo and running lean at the top of 4th. Best time to date was 10.9 (at 6,000 ft) with a trap of 137. But yeah, you're right, N/A is the only way to go....
I see lots of n/a honda motors making that much hp all the time

whaaaaaaaaaa. its a b20 turbo in a stripped civic hatch. thats a whole different animal than a 2500lb d17 powered gas saver.
Old 08-04-2005
Registered!!

joelwastaken is an unknown quantity at this point
ya i dont think honda had quarter miles times in mind when they decided to build the d17.... some people keep forgetting ITS A HONDA CIVIC!
Old 08-04-2005
Premium Member

Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Yeah the most popular platform for import tuning in the world right now.
Old 08-04-2005
I log in from time to time

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by joelwastaken
ya i dont think honda had quarter miles times in mind when they decided to build the d17.... some people keep forgetting ITS A HONDA CIVIC!
i'm pretty sure ANY imported car manufacturer will not be thinking of getting top quarter mile times...they're selling us cars that perform well and save gas. none of that 15mpg 12 second quarter mile stuff. i mean, seriously... even with the d17, 12 second quarter mile has been done (Catalyst did, for one). and you still get >20mpg, right?
Old 08-04-2005
I just burnt my tongue

ragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really nice
u can always go with turbocharged mazdaspeed mazda protegé/5
Old 08-04-2005

dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
i like to talk a lot of nonsense. please disregard my previous post.
Old 08-04-2005
Turbo Guru

Originally Posted by blouisgod
whaaaaaaaaaa. its a b20 turbo in a stripped civic hatch. thats a whole different animal than a 2500lb d17 powered gas saver.
First off, It's actually not a b20. Second off, it isn't stripped. Last of all, it's totally street legal and it's more like 1900 lbs. In case you didn't know anything about horsepower, weight has nothing to do with it.

And I never saw a timeslip that Catalyst ever ran a 12. Best I saw was a 13.625. And people are running 12's in 6th gen civics with full interiors, making over 300 whp.
Old 08-04-2005

First off, It's actually not a b20. Second off, it isn't stripped. Last of all, it's totally street legal and it's more like 1900 lbs. In case you didn't know anything about horsepower, weight has nothing to do with it.

And I never saw a timeslip that Catalyst ever ran a 12. Best I saw was a 13.625. And people are running 12's in 6th gen civics with full interiors, making over 300 whp.
...which is why i said "please disregard my previous post."

i thought he posted a slip of a high 12 run? like 12.8 or something
Old 08-04-2005
Premium Member

Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Call me Chris, we can gat a new gasket on this weekend
Old 08-05-2005
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

aznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud of
uh sorry, did you plan on running a 600 whp car on the street?

10.9 on the track, but what would you run on street with street tires ... I'd say 13's or 14's.
Old 08-05-2005
Registered!!

jackburton will become famous soon enoughjackburton will become famous soon enough
lower than 13s , thinkin high 11s mid 12s.

What kinda damage we talkin here???
Man people have been telling you about blown head gasket, and you were saying it was other stuff. I think you should come back and shoot for more psi, with more planning of course, get upgraded HG and head studs.
Don't give up so soon, yo are prob just mad, I bet you will be lovin your civic in a day or two.
Mazda 6=POS
Old 08-05-2005

WhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by blouisgod
ya soo true...

Last edited by WhiteCastle; 08-05-2005 at 03:42 AM.
Old 08-05-2005

thanks for telling me to STFU up, ohh and taking a swing at me by saying like an average car (corvette). I dont think corvettes had to do anything with what I stated. Also if that comment was meant to hurt me, it doesnt. it actually makes me pitty you for having to resort to say something like that to try and make a point.
Forced induction cars like the Mercedes Mclaren SLR, hell the Audi R8 race car prove Forced Induction can yeild high numbers.
I was stating that the d17 does not respond well to boost. Head gaskets blow around 8psi plus and numerous problems fallow. I know a couple members on this forum that are so fed up they are doing N/A swaps instead.
Truth is everyone thats boosted running 8psi without built internals with lots of money spent on the d17 block are having problems.
Its better to swap, N/A power is more reliable
Old 08-05-2005
Registered!!

NashVegasEX is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by jackburton
. I think you should come back and shoot for more psi, with more planning of course, get upgraded HG and head studs.
IMHO the Honda OEM headstuds are the weakest link in our cars .... Everyone always talks about how bad the rods are but I think about 10 people on here that boost/spray have had headgasket problems .... I know my blown headgasket and a couple other peoples gaskets ceased to be an issue after the headstuds .... just my opinion tho ...
Old 08-05-2005
Turbo Guru

Originally Posted by WhiteCastle
thanks for telling me to STFU up, ohh and taking a swing at me by saying like an average car (corvette). I dont think corvettes had to do anything with what I stated. Also if that comment was meant to hurt me, it doesnt. it actually makes me pitty you for having to resort to say something like that to try and make a point.
Forced induction cars like the Mercedes Mclaren SLR, hell the Audi R8 race car prove Forced Induction can yeild high numbers.
I was stating that the d17 does not respond well to boost. Head gaskets blow around 8psi plus and numerous problems fallow. I know a couple members on this forum that are so fed up they are doing N/A swaps instead.
Truth is everyone thats boosted running 8psi without built internals with lots of money spent on the d17 block are having problems.
Its better to swap, N/A power is more reliable
Reason I mentioned the vette is cause you have one in your sig. I ran 10 psi for about 20k miles on my previous setup and never blew a headgasket....oh wait, maybe that's because I took the time to TUNE it. Want to know why people have problems, read the link in my sig, I wrote a nice long post about it.

And if you think a 600 hp car is going to run 13's or 14's on the street, you're seriously stupid. That's all the input I have for this thread, lol.
Old 08-05-2005
A big, hairy Kentucky boy

stinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to all
And if you think a 600 hp car is going to run 13's or 14's on the street, you're seriously stupid. That's all the input I have for this thread, lol.
My friend's vette with over 600rwhp ran around 10.5 at the track on street wheels and tires.
Old 08-05-2005
Registered!!

Drk01Civic is an unknown quantity at this point
The only problem with turbo D17s is a lack of tuning and bad choices for fuel/spark management.

Quick Reply: new car, screw boost