VID: A run with a corolla and civic dx (updated new format/new videos) - Honda Civic Forum

Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-25-2005   #1  
Diamond Member

Boggie1688 is an unknown quantity at this point
VID: A run with a corolla and civic dx (updated new format/new videos)

EDIT: The format has been updated to realplayer. So I'm pretty sure you guys can watch it now. Im sorry but avi, mpeg1 and mpeg2 just are too large of files to upload. The original video is like 1.09gbs

Hey guys,

Well I finally got a video of my buddies racing in the mountains.
The vid here is about 40mbs but worth the download. Its a 86 corolla, with a 20 valve engine, and a crap load of suspension mods (too many to list) vs. a stock honda civic dx (dunno what year) no mods except for R compound tires in the front and balding zenis in the rear. Check it out...you might be surprised at how the civic does.

BTW the beginning of the video is the civic warming his tires, then toward the end of the video you see the corolla pull away, thats because its the end of the run and the civic guy just shut it down.

Also the guys driving these cars are damn good, trust me its not the car. Its all technique and skill. I'll upload the video of the civic going on the uphill later, whent he camera battery is charged up. You can see the insane body roll and almost 3 wheel action.

ENjoy!
Downhill
This is in WMA format, but it works for almost nobody
http://www.goldentreasuresantiques.c... Vs Corolla 86

So heres a real player format. Anyone with real player can play this.
This is the Civic chase cam
http://www.goldentreasuresantiques.c...Mt_Wilson.rmvb

The Corolla lead cam
http://www.goldentreasuresantiques.c..._Downhill.rmvb

Uphill
http://www.goldentreasuresantiques.c...on_Uphill.rmvb

FlyBy: There are two flybys in this vid. The first on is of the Corolla last nite, the second is of the same corolla and a 240sx. This gives you an idea of how fast the corolla gets on the straight. We check his spedo with a flashlight because during the night the spedo lights don't work. We go to about 110mphs.
http://www.goldentreasuresantiques.c...Car/FlyBy.rmvb

Edit:
On side note, if anyone can help me mirror this it would be great. I don't have that much bandwidth. thanks!

Last edited by Boggie1688; 07-28-2005 at 02:11 PM.
Boggie1688 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005   #2  
My Baby Daddy

PlasmaGT is on a distinguished road
doesn't work for me
PlasmaGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005   #3  
ThE CoRRupToR

dru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nice
samer here!!
dru106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005   #4  
Registered!!

xxhonda4lifexx has a little shameless behaviour in the past
I don't see the video.... and this file is in "note pad" format
xxhonda4lifexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005   #5  
Registered!!

crazyasian will become famous soon enoughcrazyasian will become famous soon enough
it works for me. i used a diff vid program called VideoLan and that thing can play just about any file like this one. heres the direct download link to it if u would like it:
http://www.videolan.org/mirror.php?m....8.2-win32.exe

if that doesnt work then heres the main page:
http://www.videolan.org/
crazyasian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005   #6  
Diamond Member

Thanks for the help you crazy asain you...lol...
Old 07-25-2005   #7  
Diamond Member

Btw, crazy asain what did u think about the video?
Old 07-25-2005   #8  
I spent 1425 points to do this.

SOHC is an unknown quantity at this point
come on dude get it on mpeg for all of us who dont want to cram more software onto our pcs!
SOHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005   #9  
Diamond Member

If i use mpeg 1 or 2 the file becomes 380mb or 115mbs. Would u rather download a small software program to play it? or have the video file take up more space? Up to you...I don't really care...if you want it I can do it.
Old 07-25-2005   #10  
I haven't been here in a long time

mkymonkey is a jewel in the roughmkymonkey is a jewel in the roughmkymonkey is a jewel in the roughmkymonkey is a jewel in the rough
can i just change the .txt to uh .mpg or .avi
mkymonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005   #11  
Sweetest Dude on 7th Gen

xX03EXx will become famous soon enoughxX03EXx will become famous soon enough
haha i have a mac and it works suckers. Anyway, that is sick with the corolla backfires. Both drivers are good.
xX03EXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005   #12  
Registered!!

nick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to behold
i havent seen a mac since like 6th grade when they gave em away to schools for free.
nick95673 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005   #13  
The blackbeauty ES1.

jhonsok is an unknown quantity at this point
sigh..my friends corrolla CE beat my Si(EX) sedan..
both are auto.
he only has like 3 more horsepower, same passengers..but he pulled away...haha..
jhonsok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005   #14  
Registered!!

kasimmmmm has a spectacular aura aboutkasimmmmm has a spectacular aura aboutkasimmmmm has a spectacular aura about
my gf's got a corolla... its MUCH quicker even though its only got 3 more horses. Mainly because vvti is through out the rpm range, whereas vtechs only high end.
kasimmmmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005   #15  
Diamond Member

Uphill video has been uploaded. This you can see the civic, and the huge body roll. Sorry towards the end the civic pulls away. The corolla can't keep up. The civic driver has crazy skillz...on the downhilll in some turns he has to brake because the corolla isn't going fast enough.

Oh as for engines...I'm not to sure about corolla engines.. All I know is that the engine is a 4AGE 20 vavle. This like the same engine that takumi has after his engine blows up. Also the engine has been fitted with Individual Throttle Bodies for better response. Its tweaked quite a bit.
Old 07-25-2005   #16  
That is not an ordinary rabbit tis the most foul cruel beast

WhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of light
that civic has some really bad body roll... mine doesnt roll that bad in the canyons
other than that, I would have to say very skilled drivers!
WhiteCastle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005   #17  
Registered!!

EM2jdm is an unknown quantity at this point
good skills on both drivers. looks fun and extremely stupid at the sametime
EM2jdm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005   #18  
Diamond Member

Hahahaha...yes its pretty damn fun. Stupid...I'd probably have to agree as well. We try to keep it as safe as we can, but you can always go flying off the mountain. No one is on the road when we run. Cars that try to come up are stopped by the other racers at the bottom, but since we race soo early in the morning 2-5. No one is there. If cars try to come down..we will know before we head on the downhill run.
I just thought I'd post these videos to just show a little about mountain racing, and how technique is more important than the car. Im sure the civic driver demonstrates that amazingly, as does the corolla. I've been told stores about how that corolla can tail stis and evos.
Old 07-25-2005   #19  

WhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boggie1688
Hahahaha...yes its pretty damn fun. Stupid...I'd probably have to agree as well. We try to keep it as safe as we can, but you can always go flying off the mountain. No one is on the road when we run. Cars that try to come up are stopped by the other racers at the bottom, but since we race soo early in the morning 2-5. No one is there. If cars try to come down..we will know before we head on the downhill run.
I just thought I'd post these videos to just show a little about mountain racing, and how technique is more important than the car. Im sure the civic driver demonstrates that amazingly, as does the corolla. I've been told stores about how that corolla can tail stis and evos.
I have two friends that are absolutely insane and damn good at this stuff..
however, stuff happens when you do race. I wrecked my car in the canyons before.
http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/we...NkZmQzMXk1NDE=
little clip thats 2 years old..
I took during the weekday about 10ish so I didnt push it hard. There actually ended up being traffic on the run itself near the end.

Last edited by WhiteCastle; 07-26-2005 at 12:06 AM.
Old 07-26-2005   #20  
Diamond Member

White Castle your link doesn't work..

I know what you mean about crashing...everyone crashes. Just hopefully its not a bad one. The civic actually spun out that night due to elevation changes in the road. It caught air and landed and the tire bite and caused it to spin. He saved it though. The corolla drive actually flipped his first car and totalled it. Live in learn I guess....
Old 07-26-2005   #21  

ya just noticed, host site most likely down =/. it should come back up though.
Old 07-26-2005   #22  
Registered!!

zambaleno is an unknown quantity at this point
looks pretty dangerous and scary......but sh** i'll do it too...hehehe...
that's good stuff....
zambaleno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005   #23  
Diamond Member

Host should be up....Im downloading stuff from it right now. Try to find mirrors for me if you can. The server is actually for a friend of mine. His dad runs a company off it soo I can't kill the bandwidth. If i do his dad will kill me!
Old 07-26-2005   #24  
I haven't been here in a long time

mkymonkey is a jewel in the roughmkymonkey is a jewel in the roughmkymonkey is a jewel in the roughmkymonkey is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick95673
i havent seen a mac since like 6th grade when they gave em away to schools for free.
where have you been?
mkymonkey is offline   Reply With Quote