Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

my motor blew

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2005
Once you go Black on Black, You Never Go Back.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
robo1040 will become famous soon enough
my motor blew

ok guys, its a sad day cause my motor is on the verge of throwing a rod, cant drive it till i get a new motor, anyone got any links to some good used ones, and before you guys flame, im going to search right now, just thought id post up.

thanks guys

stock d17 + oil leak + 10psi = **** out of luck
Old 07-17-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nickm748 is an unknown quantity at this point
dam that sucks, good luck with getting a new one.

Hey might as well go k20 turb
Old 07-17-2005
Registered!!

02blackcivic is an unknown quantity at this point
ebay son!
Old 07-17-2005
Banned

ImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trusted
get your woman to distract someone in a 7thgen and then steal their car?
Old 07-17-2005
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
if you had the warranty just remove the turbo kit and if they havent seen it before they may fix it! just try!
Old 07-17-2005
Type Skivic

TeRRoRiFiC35 is an unknown quantity at this point
go wit a b series swap, gonna cost you less and you'll get more whp in the end. i dont wanna hear that the k series will get you more HP stock, its just that the k series engines havent been as finely tuned as b series ones.
Old 07-17-2005
Registered!!

Logan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to all
Yet another engine gone due to an oil problem. So did you spin a bearing or what?

Hook up with LKQ.com, they have a good stock of d17s with low milage. Good luck with the repair!!
Old 07-17-2005
I'll flip out and kill people.

modoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questioned
Originally Posted by TeRRoRiFiC35
go wit a b series swap, gonna cost you less and you'll get more whp in the end. i dont wanna hear that the k series will get you more HP stock, its just that the k series engines havent been as finely tuned as b series ones.
older engine + newer car = illegal... not that anyone would look under the hood
Old 07-18-2005

k20txem2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by modoman
older engine + newer car = illegal... not that anyone would look under the hood

Unless you have an 01 the only legle b swap you can do is a B18 out of 2001 integra. :-) but if you were smart save the dough sell your turbo, and save a little bit, get a k20, and hook it up. But thats my 2 cents. if you want to get anouther D seiries, you can find them pretty cheep, if you were hear i got my old block, dont know what kind of shape its in, cause it was knocking when i hydrolocked it, probably a bent vavle or something, but ehh just a tought.
Old 07-18-2005
Registered!!

typeRDreamer is an unknown quantity at this point
damn that sux....good luck!
Old 07-18-2005
Registered!!

EM2typeflex is an unknown quantity at this point
K series is the only way to go. Get in touch with me, I got a good k series swap.
Old 07-18-2005
Registered!!

dre2600 is an unknown quantity at this point
No, they've been more finely tuned. Not to mention the fact that mounts for a B-series swap are still, to the best of my knowledge, unavailable. Stick with K, B-series engines are getting harder and harder to find.
Old 07-18-2005
::+::My Girlfriend is hot, but I'm still GAY::+::

yourinmyw0rld has a spectacular aura aboutyourinmyw0rld has a spectacular aura about
That sucks. Hope u get it fix soon
Old 07-18-2005
Premium Member

civic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond repute
ebay dude, i bought a '02 EX motor with 11,000 miles complete for $300.......cost me $200 for shipping.

BTW.......how were you losing oil........did you spin a bearing or your oil pump go bad ???
Old 07-18-2005
I wish I was asian

cambo has a spectacular aura aboutcambo has a spectacular aura about
check some local junkyards. some members have gotten motors for ~$100.

www.car-parts.com is also a good source.
Old 07-18-2005
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
I see em on ebay all the time for $500-600
Old 07-18-2005
Drunken Master-7thgen Ninja

MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
i say keep the turbo and make sure you find out how the leak happened. ebay the new motor. there are plenty of D17s sittin there ready. shouldn't be more than 1k after shipping and thats high.
Old 07-18-2005

thanks guy, what happened was i was running about 10psi the other night with about 1 quart of oil in the motor. i had no idea, i thought i had fixed my oil leak at the turbo drain line, but i guess it sprung again. oh well. i ordered a new rod bearing for #4 cylinder today, ho[pefully it will fix it.

makes sense tho, 4th cylinder is farthest from the oil pump, im willing to guess it had no oil in the guides, and spun.
Old 07-18-2005

ive had some thoughts on it, might sell the turbo and buy a bike, i dont want a swap. i might go back to stock. hopefully i dont need a motor.
Old 07-19-2005
Type Skivic

b series engines arent hard to find. i had 3 lined up to swap in my car but i cant find anyone that can do custom mounts, gonna make me get a shell just to do a swap.
Old 07-19-2005
Premium Member

civic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by robo1040
thanks guy, what happened was i was running about 10psi the other night with about 1 quart of oil in the motor. i had no idea, i thought i had fixed my oil leak at the turbo drain line, but i guess it sprung again. oh well. i ordered a new rod bearing for #4 cylinder today, ho[pefully it will fix it.

makes sense tho, 4th cylinder is farthest from the oil pump, im willing to guess it had no oil in the guides, and spun.

I have the same problem with my return line.....i can't keep the line clamped and it keeps slipping and leaking. I keep checking the oil constantly.

If i blow my motor, i will swap the motor with the spare d17 sitting in my garage and but it back to stock.
Old 07-19-2005
Registered!!

LXracer is an unknown quantity at this point
im sellin my stock d17 engine and transmition with a new stage 2 clutch and 8lb flywheel if ur interseted but its not much of an upgrade

...ps i kno 2 ppl the got engines off ebay and both got Phuc*ed
Old 07-19-2005
4 cyclinders down, 4 to go.....

acjones21 is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah it's gotta suck getting 220WHP NA on a K series w/ boltons, race cams and Kpro.
Old 07-19-2005
Type Skivic

hmm, for the price of a k series you can have a fully built and turbo'd b series that will put out more HP, ohh that sucks
Old 07-19-2005
Registered!!

^^I'm a fan of both motors, but several experts such as hytech and hasport have already said there so much more potential in the k-series. But since they are a newer motor they are so much more expensive.
Old 07-19-2005
7thgen Terminator Ninja

booba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to behold
I've got a better question about the k-series and b -series debate that's going on......who the f*ck cares, and if there is someone that does care, start ur own damn thread about it, don't highjack another thread to argue about it.

Oh yea, really sorry to hear about ur motor man.....u seem to be havin all the luck lately, hood flyin up, motor goin out.....it's a damn shame, oh well when it rains it pours right?
Old 07-19-2005
Registered!!

^^he started it. lol j/k Yeah sorry to hear about your recent luck robo.
Old 07-20-2005

Originally Posted by booba5185
I've got a better question about the k-series and b -series debate that's going on......who the f*ck cares, and if there is someone that does care, start ur own damn thread about it, don't highjack another thread to argue about it.

Oh yea, really sorry to hear about ur motor man.....u seem to be havin all the luck lately, hood flyin up, motor goin out.....it's a damn shame, oh well when it rains it pours right?

hey man i totally agree with you, if you guys want to argue over k and b series take it somewhere else, cause i already said that aint the route im goin, and basically i can care less. im stickin with the d series, id rather have forced induction then all motor, i just like the idea of it. so the turbo d17 is where ill stay. i want to build myself a nice one tho, so thats what im gonna work on.

and my luck latley freekin sucks, yeah first the hood and now my motor. oh well. **** happens. thanks for lookin out guys.
Old 07-20-2005
Registered!!

exturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant future
hmm, for the price of a k series you can have a fully built and turbo'd b series that will put out more HP, ohh that sucks

well my man. im with you on the b-series swap. i would rather pay mm 2500 for s b16, or 3500 for a GSR. and through the 6k left over into the motor. what is it 10k for the swap and everything you need for a k20. 10K in a b-series will get you alot more.

I wish i came across a good deal on a b16 or b18. Id pick it up in a heart beat.

And to the person that said they are getting harder and harder to find. MM where is that at cause i can find them pretty dam easy.
Old 07-20-2005
Registered!!

exturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant future
robo1040 good luck on getting a new motor.

Quick Reply: my motor blew