Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Ok... How the **** do you clean your windows in your coupe?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2005
Touch it... He won't bite, He'll just come at you pretty quick.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blahman240 is on a distinguished road
Ok... How the **** do you clean your windows in your coupe?

I've had a hard time since day one.. The angle and the room you have to work with in the rear sucks.

Whats your technique? And you can't even begin to reach around the brake light! So the window has to be left alittle dirty.
Old 07-14-2005
"You leave me in the trenches taking Grenades, John"

Stachmo is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah I hate that rear window especially around the brake light. I can never get it clean and its always visible from certain angles. As far as the rear window goes...I just spray stoners invisble glass and wipe it off the best I can...somehow I still get streaks
Old 07-14-2005
Registered!!

fixeruper is an unknown quantity at this point
there is one way to clean it, take apart ur rear deck lol or take off ur rear window lol
Old 07-14-2005
Registered!!

dtrance is an unknown quantity at this point
I share the same suffering. It is so fvcking frustrating trying to get that back window clean. I usually use a piece of sheet metal wrapped with cloth to get behind the break light.
Old 07-14-2005
Registered!!

fixeruper is an unknown quantity at this point
^ thats a good idea if u dont lose the cloth behind the brake light
Old 07-14-2005
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

2004_sq_champ is an unknown quantity at this point
The back window is some how fine with me. What i have trouble with is cleaning the front windshield. Steering wheel and rear view mirror get in the way. The angle makes it impossible.
Old 07-14-2005
jdmtytedoridori

Al Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of light
i dont know how to, and it pisses me off.
Old 07-14-2005
Registered!!

exturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant future
too bad we couldnt unscrew something and move the windshield.

i mean i put a paper towel over my rear speakers, then i put back rest down so i can have more room to work with, without the head resst. then i go up and down and then left and right. lol. i do it like 3 times and that **** still comes out streaky in a day or 2. i feel like i dont clean the dam thing.
Old 07-14-2005
This is not my batman glass!!

saugashan should not be trustedsaugashan should not be trustedsaugashan should not be trusted
roll down ur windows, and stand out side and clean infront of the streering wheel, duh
Old 07-14-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by saugashan
roll down ur windows, and stand out side and clean infront of the streering wheel, duh
I believe this post is regarding the rear windshield.
Old 07-14-2005
Premium Member

2004_sq_champ is an unknown quantity at this point
How does that help get the inside clean?
Old 07-14-2005
Registered!!

exturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant future
i tried helping out.
Old 07-14-2005
How many pots have you smoken?

manthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of light
there is a "as seen on tv" product that works well for corners of windows. its like a diamond shaped...uhmm..well i dunno my dad has it in his garage and it looks like you could just spray some stuff on it and clean 'em like that. its called like the window wizzard i wanna say..but i could be just making that up in my head lol. im sure if you searched for as seen on tv products you'd find it
Old 07-14-2005
Registered!!

jgrow44 is an unknown quantity at this point
2004_sq_champ brought up cleaning the front. Saugashan was replying to his post.
Old 07-14-2005
Kung-Fu Kar Kare Master

fergsonfire is an unknown quantity at this point
Alright, here is what I have learned from cleaning in the navy. Find the skinniest anything you can find, real thin. Then get some paper towel or something along those lines and tape it to the end. Then you have a lovely reaching tool. Helps out wonderfully
Old 07-14-2005
Registered!!

Civicly02 will become famous soon enoughCivicly02 will become famous soon enough
it suck
Old 07-14-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Civicly02
it suck
Is that a cleaning device?
Old 07-14-2005
This is not my batman glass!!

saugashan should not be trustedsaugashan should not be trustedsaugashan should not be trusted
no i meant cleaning the front window, which 2004 sq hamp wanted , yea and u just stick ur hand in and start wiping
Old 07-14-2005
Registered!!

HondCivc91 is an unknown quantity at this point
ever since I bought my car in November, I keep getting this film on my windows. It usually appears a couple days after I clean them - and I can NEVER get it off the rear windsheild. Has anyone else ever gotten this too? Maybe it's becauase the car is still relatively new??
Old 07-14-2005
The one and only....

Echelon04 is an unknown quantity at this point
Has anyone found a window cleaner that just works better than others? Like liquid based stuff or the foamy stuff?
Old 07-14-2005
Registered!!

crazyasian will become famous soon enoughcrazyasian will become famous soon enough
i just tried Stoner's Invisible Glass cleaner nd so far im diggin it. doesnt make u go over it a million times cause u see like white resedue being left over but u still do need to go over it to get it dry. works fine with me its just gettin to that damn rear window where it hits the speaker panel area
Old 07-14-2005
Premium Member

civic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond repute
just don't clean them
Old 07-14-2005
Registered!!

Overboost is an unknown quantity at this point
I use the armoral glass wipes, take a coupe of wipes, fold them flat and use a spatula to get at the far bottom.
Old 07-14-2005
Subarus FTW I do NOT miss my civic

2K1Civic17"Gabe is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by HondCivc91
ever since I bought my car in November, I keep getting this film on my windows. It usually appears a couple days after I clean them - and I can NEVER get it off the rear windsheild. Has anyone else ever gotten this too? Maybe it's becauase the car is still relatively new??
Do you smoke weed or cigarettes in your car? They both create a film (resin) on your windows that is harder to clean off. I make sure people blow out the window. I hate when they blow anything right to my windshield. I wanna smack em.

I just use generic windex, and they stay pretty clean. I clean my car weekly which includes, in the least, wash, wax, detail interior (not always carpets though). I dont have much of a prob with that part of the window. I just shove something skinny with a towel of some sort over it down in there.
Old 07-14-2005
Registered!!

Black03civic has a spectacular aura aboutBlack03civic has a spectacular aura aboutBlack03civic has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by fergsonfire
Alright, here is what I have learned from cleaning in the navy. Find the skinniest anything you can find, real thin. Then get some paper towel or something along those lines and tape it to the end. Then you have a lovely reaching tool. Helps out wonderfully
oh **** i thought i was the only one that did this, this works well as i hardly get any streaks any more.
Old 07-14-2005

Originally Posted by 2K1Civic17"Gabe
Do you smoke weed or cigarettes in your car? They both create a film (resin) on your windows that is harder to clean off. I make sure people blow out the window. I hate when they blow anything right to my windshield. I wanna smack em.

I just use generic windex, and they stay pretty clean. I clean my car weekly which includes, in the least, wash, wax, detail interior (not always carpets though). I dont have much of a prob with that part of the window. I just shove something skinny with a towel of some sort over it down in there.

I don't smoke or anything... And I still get that film.
Old 07-15-2005
The one and only....

Echelon04 is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah I smoke in my car....I always blow it out the window. It's funny, everytime I detail my car, I always say I am not smoking cigs in it anymore....but I always do. I have no self-restraint.
Old 07-15-2005
Registered!!

slowcivic2die4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Just get ur windows tinted they seem to stay clean for alonger time, and not as hard to clean.
Old 07-15-2005

Originally Posted by slowcivic2die4
Just get ur windows tinted they seem to stay clean for alonger time, and not as hard to clean.
I want to... Plus they do a good job cleaning them before they put the tint on...

did they remove your rear deck to tint your windows? I think I would remove mine so I can get my windows tinted the right way. Also, where did you go? did they do a good job? Places around here charge quite a bit... like over $200. Reading isn't too far.
Old 07-15-2005
Registered!!

jgrow44 is an unknown quantity at this point
I asked my tint guy about that before he did the back and he said all he has to do is slide the tint between the window and brake light first and then lay the rest of the tint going upwards instead of down. He had a really skinny long squegee that fit in between that he pushed all of the air bubbles out with. Looks way better that having the cut out around the brake light. Just make sure you talk to the guy before he starts.

Quick Reply: Ok... How the **** do you clean your windows in your coupe?