Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Civic '01 reprogramming key

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
401CivicLX has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Question Civic '01 reprogramming key

wat up guys, i have this civic 4dr lx '01... i bought it used and the keyless entry remote isn't a Honda one. It is some generic remote. It doesn't have panic.. and it uses one button to lock and unlock the doors. it also has an "option" button, but it doesn't do anything. and ALL it does is just locks and unlocks... (the lights don't go off nor the beeping sound... like it mentions in the owners manual) only the locks go up and down and the interior light goes on when i unlock it. Does anyone know why the person might have replaced it with some generic keyless remote? and my last question... if i replace the keyless remote with a Honda one (say off of ebay and reprogram the remote)... will the lights and the beeping sound go off when i lock and unlock the door? please post what u know!! thx!

edit: if i get a honda remote, will Panic work too?....
does anyone have the instructions for reprogramming a remote to an 01 honda civic? THANKS

Last edited by 401CivicLX; 07-13-2005 at 11:10 AM.
Old 07-13-2005
Registered!!

jb1004 will become famous soon enoughjb1004 will become famous soon enough
This is just a guess, but the lx model doesn't come with keyless entry from the factory. It's an aftermarket uprgrade. While it is possible to install Honda's keyless entry system on the lx, chances are the person you bought the car from went with a cheaper route and just bought a generic keyless entry system and had it installed. In other words you probably don't have Honda keyless entry and if you buy a Honda remote it probably won't do anything on your car.
Old 07-13-2005
Registered!!

Kyle23 should not be trustedKyle23 should not be trusted
u might be able to make the lights flash etc with the one that you have now you would just have to have relays and stuff like that. Probably something that you wouldn't want to do yourself cuz it sounds like you dont know your way around a secerity system....