Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

k&n fipk pics?

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2005
Banned
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
MegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud of
k&n fipk pics?

Anybody have a pic of a K&N FIPK installed in their car? Preferably an auto....

Post 'em up, thanks!
Old 05-31-2005
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
meh I do somewhere. search gallery. but really why not get typhoon? It makes more hp, and better technology. I'll let you know how it is.
Old 05-31-2005
I need TP for my bunghole

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud of
I think I have one on my site below
Old 05-31-2005

PunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud of
Yep, here it is:

Old 05-31-2005
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
MegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud of
never heard of it... link?

basically I want something quality, short, and preferably will give me as much power as I could expect out of an intake...

keep in mind my car is filled to the nines with audio gear, so I need the space under the hood for battery/wiring/fuses/et al. a short ram intake would be good, I'm just trying to find one that is suitable for me
Old 05-31-2005

Originally Posted by MegaHurtz
never heard of it... link?

basically I want something quality, short, and preferably will give me as much power as I could expect out of an intake...

keep in mind my car is filled to the nines with audio gear, so I need the space under the hood for battery/wiring/fuses/et al. a short ram intake would be good, I'm just trying to find one that is suitable for me
link to the K and N typhoon

http://www.knfilters.com/typhoon/default.htm
Old 05-31-2005
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
typhoon

Old 05-31-2005
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
zen_master is on a distinguished road
gear, what's really the difference?

they both were made my k&n, right?

which one is more expensive btw?

hm...so that's typhoon w/o the plastic guard apparently.......
Old 05-31-2005
Premium Member

I only paid $175 shipped for typhoon. Has mandrel bent piping for smoother air flow (not possible with plastic), xtream tip filter for better airflow, etc. I'm gonna try and fit a generic metal heat shield around the filter.
Old 05-31-2005
I sure wish my car was newer

white2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of light
^ I would think that the benefits of the mandrel bent piping and such would be nullified due to the lack of a headshield. Our engine bays are very tight and cramped for space. Wouldn't the metal piping also heat up quicker than plastic?
Old 05-31-2005
Registered!!

^ Indeed. especially due to the fact that typhoon does not have shield on it....
Old 05-31-2005
Premium Member

shield is $10 from ebay/.
Old 05-31-2005
Registered!!

prolly should consider this rather than FIPKII? lol..
Old 05-31-2005
Premium Member

i'll let you know since I would have tried both in another week. The only concern I have is the heat shield might not fit because of that radiator hose in the way. from the pic above.
Old 05-31-2005
Premium Member

runner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to all
both look good im wondering what gear box thinks of both of these as well, i had the aem v2 on my car loved it now i have an auto so now im unsure
Old 05-31-2005
Premium Member

also worth noting...if you believe the K&N dynos...the typhoon was dynoed at 92F degrees and made 5+whp, the fipk dyno alot cooler around 70F and made only 4+whp.
Old 05-31-2005
Premium Member

runner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to all
but the only dyno i saw was from a ex manual not auto? and now i have a lx
Old 05-31-2005
Premium Member

you'll see the ex auto dyno of typhoon when I get it done in a month or two.
Old 09-22-2005
Registered!!

SaggioWRX is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by gearbox
you'll see the ex auto dyno of typhoon when I get it done in a month or two.

Did you ever get that dyno tune?