Sound never heard before coming from tranny?? - Honda Civic Forum

Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-27-2005   #1

cubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of light
Question Sound never heard before coming from tranny??

I drive an 04 LX Cpe manual with 17k miles. This is really weird...like 2 weeks ago, I started hearing this weird sound...which is not loud at all...It could be compared to the sounds of a centrifuge reving up. It happens everytime I change gears. I've never been on any accidents(Thank God) and the car seems to work fine. I'm just worried since I never heard that sound before...is this normal? Does tha tranny make funny noises once broken in?? Anyone?
cubanmike26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005   #2
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

tinman is just really nicetinman is just really nicetinman is just really nicetinman is just really nicetinman is just really nice
No, that's not normal. I suggest you change the tranny fluid first, as it's the cheapest to do. If noise continues, maybe the throwout bearing is going.
tinman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2005   #3
There is [email protected] in my @SS...

drew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond repute
My moms car (2001 Grand Prix GTP) made a weird sound like that and then when you would drive it for awhile it was make a whining sound and then you would have to push the gas down hard to go and then pretty soon it would take you to about 5000 rpm to move it. Come to find out it was the catylitic (sp) convertor, it need to be clean out, it was totally blocked off.
drew22mader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2005   #4

cubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of light
Hmmm...yeah come to think of it now, I've never changed the tranny fluid. I'll try that and see if the noise dissapears. Thanks.
cubanmike26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2005   #5
let the devil out

eye_see_you has much to be proud ofeye_see_you has much to be proud ofeye_see_you has much to be proud ofeye_see_you has much to be proud ofeye_see_you has much to be proud ofeye_see_you has much to be proud ofeye_see_you has much to be proud ofeye_see_you has much to be proud ofeye_see_you has much to be proud ofeye_see_you has much to be proud ofeye_see_you has much to be proud of
red line is awesome fluid..
eye_see_you is offline   Reply With Quote