Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

My Car Is In Da Shop, But I Still Havent Decided What Color To Paint It. Plzzz HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BiGDoG is on a distinguished road
Exclamation My Car Is In Da Shop, But I Still Havent Decided What Color To Paint It. Plzzz HELP!!

Well my car is in the shop, but I still havent decided what color to paint it. I wanted to stick wit silver wit more mettalic to paint or sparkles but the body shop guy said he would do it but its gonna look cheap because its gonna look like I bought that sparkle spray from pepboys and sprayed it on the car.

So he recommended I do a silver with a blue pearl in it. He said that the car is going to look sylver but when the sun hits the paint job it will change into like a blue. I dunno someone plzzz help. What other options do you huys think I could play around with the silver?

By the way this is what im getting done:
*Full kaminari lip kit
*Shaved front bumper so I wont have a licence plate, Shaved rear H emblem, Shaved key trunk hole and Shaved door handles, Shaved windshield washer, and Rolling fenders.
*Interior, Engine and Brake Calipers to match the color of the paint job.
*Lambo doors Ohhh well i got a nice discount
*18" RAcing Hart CX's wit 215/40/18 toyo tires

I already got other stuff done to my car like:
*Smoked headlights and tailigghts
*Eye lids and Altezza grill
*B&G' coilvers dropped 2.5 inches all around
*HID'S
*2 Tone Carbon fiber vynil wrap interior on the seats etc
*s7 gauges
*skunk2 catback exhaust and AEM polished intake
*some other minor things too

Anyways yeah I need ur help wit the paint, I need to tell the guy by tuesday

PS: U think my setup is goin to clean? I think it will look nice, Its also my daily driver so I dont want anything to crazy

Thanks
Old 05-21-2005
Owned By Slo Rex

Day_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questioned
Paint it the silver the 2000-01 Preludes came in... it had a bluish tint to it... I love that color
Old 05-21-2005
Registered!!

PacSmalls is an unknown quantity at this point
i like the idea of a silver with a blue pearl.
Old 05-21-2005
Registered!!

Peasey is a splendid one to beholdPeasey is a splendid one to beholdPeasey is a splendid one to beholdPeasey is a splendid one to beholdPeasey is a splendid one to beholdPeasey is a splendid one to beholdPeasey is a splendid one to beholdPeasey is a splendid one to beholdPeasey is a splendid one to beholdPeasey is a splendid one to beholdPeasey is a splendid one to behold
mad jdm vag pink yoyo111!!111!!!!!wonwonone!!!1111

or M3 mustard yellow
Old 05-21-2005
Fiji Club Member

HondaGuy12 is on a distinguished road
i say the silver with the blue pearl will look awsome... my friend just did a hatch with a gunmetal base with a turquoise clear and it looks amazing.. simply glows when the light hits it like its a superhero or something lol
Old 05-21-2005
Banned

CiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond repute
paint it purple.......... hehehe
Old 05-21-2005
Registered!!

alberta_si is an unknown quantity at this point
i like blue like the 99 si!!!!
Old 05-21-2005
BIG
Registered!!

BIG is a glorious beacon of lightBIG is a glorious beacon of lightBIG is a glorious beacon of lightBIG is a glorious beacon of lightBIG is a glorious beacon of lightBIG is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Day_Tripper
Paint it the silver the 2000-01 Preludes came in... it had a bluish tint to it... I love that color

it was actually 1997 'Nordic Mist'......thats the colour of my car
Old 05-21-2005
Registered!!

04CivicLX is an unknown quantity at this point
paint 3 or 4 layers of candy apple red then do 1 layer of yellow and then do the clear coat
Old 05-21-2005
Registered!!

02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light
Captiva Blue mmmm o so sexy
Old 05-21-2005
Never Too Wide, Never Too Extreme

InOvAtStyL is on a distinguished road
Well the paint all depends how wild you want to go. I have my car in the shop right now too and it's getting repainted a "psycho silver" base with a chinese blue candy. On top of all that, it's gonna have a faded roof that's solid to a marble body similar to how it is now except with a totally new color. Add some small silver flakes and medium chrome flakes, and 5 coats of clear to make it look wet. This color I chose, I have personally never seen done before. So like I mentioned, if you want to go wild since you're painting the whole car anyways, then go all the way with it. Pearl is really nice, but it's a really hard color to color match if you ever need to repaint a part of the car or a new bumper or something. So keep that in mind when picking the color.
Old 05-21-2005
Registered!!

pinoyjdmr is an unknown quantity at this point
silver. silver all you guys like is silver for your car dude I would go with gunmetal w/light flakes to at least bring out the head lamps and I would change your rims to some broze color example ROTA curcit 8 in 17 for show and go.....................
Old 05-21-2005
I log in from time to time
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
do a gunmetal with polish lip paint job on your car. that way you can be generic.
Old 05-21-2005
Premium Member

frenum101 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
house of color true blue the purest blue on the market its just ****en hot dude
Old 05-21-2005
Registered!!

pimpc is an unknown quantity at this point

do it the same color as this Lexus
Old 05-21-2005
Nothing works better than a Chris except a Honda.

CivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of light
Silver w/ blue sounds cool.
Old 05-21-2005
jdmtytedoridori

Al Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of light
toyota phantom grey pearl....the color the new tundra/sequoia/camry/sienna/land cruiser/everything comes in.
Old 05-21-2005
Dear Mr. Toilet, I'm The S.H.I.T.

IrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to all
yeah do the silver with the blue that **** will look hott as hell
Old 05-21-2005
Registered!!

hustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the rough
The IS300 gunmetal color is very nice but as someone mentioned before do the BMW M3 Phoenix Yellow, that color looks beautiful and its unique. Before I decided to get rid of my car I was gonna do a paint job in the M3 color.... I personally love it.
Old 05-21-2005
Registered!!

BiGDoG is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the ideas, I'll just post pics when its done in 2 weeks :-)