Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Good-Bye Vic, Hello Scion! (UPDATED W/Pics on post 31)

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
silverdevil is a glorious beacon of lightsilverdevil is a glorious beacon of lightsilverdevil is a glorious beacon of lightsilverdevil is a glorious beacon of lightsilverdevil is a glorious beacon of lightsilverdevil is a glorious beacon of light
Good-Bye Vic, Hello Scion! (UPDATED W/Pics on post 31)

Well, I got a bug up my **** today (Ok, not really today, I've been thinking about it for months now) and drove to the Scion dealer nearby. I ended up buying the base tC with nothing but the floor matts. I'm so excited, too! I got the Flint Mica color (charcoal grey) with black interior.

The dealership gave me $7500 for my 2002 Civic LX with 55580 miles on it, not too shabby. I was having some problems with her (especially the front end, it was rattling too much) so I decided to take the offer, the 4.5% APR and run with it. I only owe $1800 on my car so that's almost 6 grand down.

I can't wait for tomorrow when they give me the car. I bought it today but they didn't have it in stock, the dealership that was closed today has it so I get it in the morning. I can't wait!

And, before anyone asks, no, I'm not leaving the board.

Last edited by silverdevil; 05-18-2005 at 04:09 PM.
Old 05-15-2005
Registered!!

chrisleecool has a spectacular aura aboutchrisleecool has a spectacular aura about
Have fun
Old 05-15-2005
Unsalvageable

rEkKaShInObI should not be trustedrEkKaShInObI should not be trustedrEkKaShInObI should not be trustedrEkKaShInObI should not be trusted
win some lose some, congradulations on your new toyota tc.
Old 05-15-2005
Registered!!

my1vtec is an unknown quantity at this point
have fun with your new ride
Old 05-15-2005
Ace Ventura

my05civic24 is an unknown quantity at this point
You might as well leave the boards, If I remember this is a 7thgencivic.com site
Old 05-15-2005

chknmnky will become famous soon enough
^ Ouch
Old 05-15-2005
Registered!!

skratch_munkey is an unknown quantity at this point
^^ Double ouch!!
Old 05-15-2005
Stolen digital camera = no ninja picture for me

PoorCollegeBoy is a jewel in the roughPoorCollegeBoy is a jewel in the roughPoorCollegeBoy is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by my05civic24
You might as well leave the boards, If I remember this is a 7thgencivic.com site
Coming from the guy with 69 posts....
Old 05-15-2005
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

XSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really nice
wtf? maybe you should leave the boards. www.ban.com
Old 05-15-2005
Powered by Honda

y.0. KiLLa is an unknown quantity at this point
^^ linkie no worky..muhahaha
Old 05-15-2005
Sweetest Dude on 7th Gen

xX03EXx will become famous soon enoughxX03EXx will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by XSRCivic
wtf? maybe you should leave the boards. www.ban.com
or www.imahomogaynub.com
Old 05-15-2005
jdmtytedoridori

Al Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of light
n00b.

is the tc auto or manual? have fun
Old 05-15-2005
Registered!!

civicrider01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Tell us how you like it bro.
Old 05-15-2005
Registered!!

Hayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of light
CONGRATS!!! have fun and keep us posted
Old 05-15-2005
Registered!!

silverdevil is a glorious beacon of lightsilverdevil is a glorious beacon of lightsilverdevil is a glorious beacon of lightsilverdevil is a glorious beacon of lightsilverdevil is a glorious beacon of lightsilverdevil is a glorious beacon of light
Yeah, thanx, noob!

The Scion is a 5 speed. Is there any other kind of tranny?
Old 05-15-2005
Fiji Club Member

HondaGuy12 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by silverdevil
Yeah, thanx, noob!

The Scion is a 5 speed. Is there any other kind of tranny?

lol thank god
Old 05-15-2005
Premium Member

shmik1 has disabled reputation
cause theres no offtopic or anything and having someone who knows civics isnt a benefit to the site or anything.
Old 05-16-2005
Registered!!

^Haha, yeah. I've had my car for 3.5 years now so I know it in-and-out. I loved my car, once, but I just decided it was time to move on. Also, the potholes here in DC have taken their toll on the front end and I didn't feel like repairing it.
Old 05-16-2005
Banned

CiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond repute
i hear ya brotha.... DC streets suckass! devil, remember when they had to evacuate capitol and whitehouse? damn, that's was a lot of fvcking people on the streets, i wanted to runover them bitches so bad. LOL, mah bad just have to say that.
where in DC you live at? capitol hill?
Old 05-16-2005
Registered!!

Naw, I live near Logan's Circle, on 12th and N street, NW. Where in Md do you live? Not like I'm going to be hanging out with you now that I have my Scion and I'm cooler than you
Old 05-16-2005
Registered!!

ciVictoria will become famous soon enoughciVictoria will become famous soon enough
Congrats on the new ride plan on adding anything to it?
Old 05-16-2005
let the devil out

eye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant future
its sad to see a civic go but the scions I have to give props they do look secci in some sorta way
Old 05-16-2005
Registered!!

kasimmmmm has a spectacular aura aboutkasimmmmm has a spectacular aura aboutkasimmmmm has a spectacular aura about
Scion tC is an awesome car. Reminds me of the civic because its got awesome aftermarket backup since day one. You're gonna have fun modifying it. Specially with TRD stuff. Congrats, you chose an awesome car!

Dont' forget to give us a brief review about the tC. Pros and Cons.
Old 05-16-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by stealth_em2
Congrats on the new ride plan on adding anything to it?
Thanks man. Yeah, I already bought the short shifter and the pie thing to get my iPod plugged into the 6-disc changer thinggy in the back. Now I just need to figure out where to route the cables and install my iPod to make it look clean and professional.

Scion doesn't have many good websites yet, but I've found many interesting things to read at www.clubsciontc.com and www.scionlife.com There are many people tuning them, too. Check out www.tctunerz.com for some good pics.

Also, I was thinking of getting the spoiler or lip but I'm going to wait and see how it looks on other cars and then buy it instead of financing it. I got the base model with nothing on it at all, no options.

As for the pros and cons, I'll let you guys know what I think of it in a week or so. After I put the tints on and all that.
Old 05-18-2005
Registered!!

Ok, I now have the car in my posetion. The first thing I'm going to do tonight, when I get home, is take some pics and post them up on the site. I guess now I need to edit my profile as not having a Civic, eh?

BTW, the pick up is great! The diference is really noticeable, especially on the upper gears (3-5th). I think I'm in love!
Old 05-18-2005
Search and Learn

civicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nice
Wow, you make me cry.

Good luck with Tc
Old 05-18-2005
Proud to be a civic owner

es2k2 is an unknown quantity at this point
good price with the trade-in
Old 05-18-2005
Pandora Left Out Hope...and god do you need it!

pwr2thaboost is a jewel in the roughpwr2thaboost is a jewel in the roughpwr2thaboost is a jewel in the rough
Talk abt who woke up PMSing!
Old 05-18-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by simony
good price with the trade-in
Actually, it got even better. Long story short, the first dealership I went to was slacking so I went to another Scion dealer and they gave me $1000 more than the first dealership offered for my car (a total of $8500 for my trade in) PLUS they gave me a $400 rebate for recent college grad. After trade in, my total financed was only $10.500 and my payments (for 36 months) are only $314 ($52 less than what I was paying for Vicky).

So, I made out like a bandit, plus the 5.25% financing isn't all that bad.
Old 05-18-2005
Registered!!

DaddyFatSacks is an unknown quantity at this point
You still lost alot of money on that deal, you lost morey or your trade, and they get a ton just selling a new car.