Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Good-Bye Vic, Hello Scion! (UPDATED W/Pics on post 31)

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
silverdevil is a glorious beacon of lightsilverdevil is a glorious beacon of lightsilverdevil is a glorious beacon of lightsilverdevil is a glorious beacon of lightsilverdevil is a glorious beacon of lightsilverdevil is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by DaddyFatSacks
You still lost alot of money on that deal, you lost morey or your trade, and they get a ton just selling a new car.
How did you figure I lost money? I had a 2002 Civic LX I paid $14.000 for. I used it 3.5 years and sold it for $8500. The car also had a messed up front end and suspension that would've cost me almost $1K in parts alone to fix. I think I made out well.

BTW, here are some pics:

Old 05-18-2005
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

7thGENDMAN is on a distinguished road
nice car, I think I would've gone with that color too or the blue. Pimp ride man congrats!!!
Old 05-18-2005
Electric Boogaloo...

PopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to behold
Congrats. I sold my vic today. If my friend doesn't come through on the used one (he works at a dealership) I'm going to get a new one (as bad as I hate it). I got $8700 for my 01 EX and I had 34000 miles on it. Not bad, especially since she's also paying me $1500 to paint it (which I'm paying my paint guy for paint only). She didn't want it flat black like I had it, so I'm going back with NBP, the stock color. Regarldless, I'm pocketing about $3900 on it. Dumping part of it in the scion (after paying off credit card again). Anyway, congrats. PS, I'm getting an auto, me the the gf go on lots of road trips, and sometimes I get tired of driving with a manual. Oh, and I'm getting the used one for $12000 if it goes through.
Old 05-18-2005
You bought a used dog??

def01tones will become famous soon enough
nice i like it. heard nothing but good things from the tc. good choice
Old 05-18-2005
Registered!!

silverdevil is a glorious beacon of lightsilverdevil is a glorious beacon of lightsilverdevil is a glorious beacon of lightsilverdevil is a glorious beacon of lightsilverdevil is a glorious beacon of lightsilverdevil is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by PopcornPlaya
Congrats. I sold my vic today. If my friend doesn't come through on the used one (he works at a dealership) I'm going to get a new one (as bad as I hate it). I got $8700 for my 01 EX and I had 34000 miles on it. Not bad, especially since she's also paying me $1500 to paint it (which I'm paying my paint guy for paint only). She didn't want it flat black like I had it, so I'm going back with NBP, the stock color. Regarldless, I'm pocketing about $3900 on it. Dumping part of it in the scion (after paying off credit card again). Anyway, congrats. PS, I'm getting an auto, me the the gf go on lots of road trips, and sometimes I get tired of driving with a manual. Oh, and I'm getting the used one for $12000 if it goes through.
Congrats on your new(used) one, dude! I love this car! I can't get enough. I even want to drive it to the corner store to pick up milk!

If you're getting a used one for 12K then that's pimp. I just don't like used because you inherit someone else's problems.

My car had almost 56K miles on it and I got 8500 so you might be able to do better than that on the trade. I only had an LX
Old 05-18-2005
Vic's almost done... thats sorta depressing...

Octane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud of
the car is sweet, i say drop that bitch and it will be super sweet
Old 05-18-2005
Dear Mr. Toilet, I'm The S.H.I.T.

IrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to all
congratulation on your new car it looks very nice.
Old 05-18-2005
Registered!!

chrisleecool has a spectacular aura aboutchrisleecool has a spectacular aura about
looking good man have fun w/ it
Old 05-18-2005
Registered!!

mykungfuisthebest is an unknown quantity at this point
goodby slow, hello slow and ugly.

jk .... im just not a scion fan.

have fun with it... they have more aftermarket support that our vics do (who knows why)
Old 05-18-2005
BOOSTED DOHC i-VTEC

stl01civic is an unknown quantity at this point
^^^ because it is DOHC
Old 05-18-2005
Electric Boogaloo...

PopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by silverdevil
Congrats on your new(used) one, dude! I love this car! I can't get enough. I even want to drive it to the corner store to pick up milk!

If you're getting a used one for 12K then that's pimp. I just don't like used because you inherit someone else's problems.

My car had almost 56K miles on it and I got 8500 so you might be able to do better than that on the trade. I only had an LX

I could easily get $10 for it, but I'm selling it to my gf's sister. I was just wanting to get rid of it, plus I couldn't tear her one... too bad...
Old 05-19-2005
Registered!!

rally2001gt is an unknown quantity at this point
my mom just got the tc in flint mica... nice color ,, rides way better than my civic
Old 05-19-2005
Registered!!

rally2001gt is an unknown quantity at this point
hey silverdevil did u trade in your civic with aftermarket rims?
Old 05-19-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by rally2001gt
hey silverdevil did u trade in your civic with aftermarket rims?
Yeah, I had aftermarket rims on it. They were cheap wheels from www.wheelmax.com, tho. If I remember correctly, I paid $599 for my rims and tires, mounted, balanced, and shipped to my door. The wheels were unevenly worn, tho, from my car not being aligned when she was lowered (had to keep neg camber to keep from scraping the wheel wells).

Have you driven your moms? I love how it rides, much better than the civic. Did you know that the tC has more sound-deadening material in it than any other Toyota (not counting Lexus) including the Camry and Avalon? It's a very quiet ride.
Old 05-19-2005
Registered!!

02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light
Boriqua!!!! gotta rep it yo! Congrats on the new ride
Old 05-19-2005
Registered!!

Jasonb is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by mykungfuisthebest
goodby slow, hello slow and ugly.

jk .... im just not a scion fan.

have fun with it... they have more aftermarket support that our vics do (who knows why)

Because they look better.....
Old 05-19-2005
Registered!!

kasimmmmm has a spectacular aura aboutkasimmmmm has a spectacular aura aboutkasimmmmm has a spectacular aura about
i love the interior... are you gonna mod the tC?
Old 05-19-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by kasimmmmm
i love the interior... are you gonna mod the tC?
Yeah, somewhat. I already bought the short shifter and the aux input to connect my iPod to the stock radio. I like the stock Pioneer so it will stay for a while. I haven't really thought of many mods other than maybe a drop-in K&N when they come out and maybe some tinted windows. Other than that, I think the car looks really nice the way it is.

Maybe I'll personalize with a sticker or two, but nothing big or fancy. Just a clubsciontc or scionlife sticker on the side windows.
Old 05-19-2005
Electric Boogaloo...

Originally Posted by silverdevil
Yeah, somewhat. I already bought the short shifter and the aux input to connect my iPod to the stock radio. I like the stock Pioneer so it will stay for a while. I haven't really thought of many mods other than maybe a drop-in K&N when they come out and maybe some tinted windows. Other than that, I think the car looks really nice the way it is.

Maybe I'll personalize with a sticker or two, but nothing big or fancy. Just a clubsciontc or scionlife sticker on the side windows.

I'm on both of those sites (have been since I've been looking at tC's). PM me and i'll give you my user info over there (it's teh same at club scion tc, but it's different at scion life). Anyway, yeah I'm feeling the pioneer in it too. I'm getting a cleansweep to get my rca outs when I get the system for it.
Old 05-19-2005
Registered!!

Just got new pics today. Here they are: