Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

OMFG!!! i opened my hood and...

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2005
New Mod on the Block

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond repute
OMFG!!! i opened my hood and...

look what i saw.

good thing i caught this before anything got sucked in.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT07252.jpg
Views:	2086
Size:	52.0 KB
ID:	53609   Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT07262.jpg
Views:	2056
Size:	64.7 KB
ID:	53610  
Old 05-08-2005
I dont know what im talking about

Supermanrider is an unknown quantity at this point
that sucks
Old 05-08-2005
I log in from time to time
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
you broke your vtec!
Old 05-08-2005
< My future wife.

armieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to behold
ebay!
Old 05-08-2005
Administrator
Administrator

Received 1,146 Likes on 801 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
thas not supposed to be like that.. lol

quick fix tho..
Old 05-08-2005
New Mod on the Block

Rennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond repute
^yeah. i put my stock intake back in for now. im going to try and get a V2.
Old 05-08-2005
I log in from time to time

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
search for V2. they have have a tendancy to break
Old 05-08-2005
Premium Member

XSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really nice
eh please dont waste your money..
Old 05-08-2005
New Mod on the Block

umm... what intake do you guys recommend? should i just get another $10 ebay intake?

p.s. GO HEAT!!!!!!

Last edited by umysugarmami; 05-08-2005 at 03:02 PM.
Old 05-08-2005
Registered!!

ExVtec01 is an unknown quantity at this point
yea, because ur only paying the 200 dollars for the "AEM", its just piping, so ide get any intake
Old 05-08-2005
let the devil out

eye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant future
just get another silicone boot to fix it otherwise I would not waste the money.
Old 05-08-2005
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
put stock back if you want better performance below 5k rpms. Ebay intakes suck, even more than regular ones.
Old 05-08-2005
New Mod on the Block

^^^ yeah, it feels like it pulls harder with the stock intake in. i like the sound though. and i don't want to get another silicone boot because this intake is pretty thrashed. i guess i'll just leave the stock one in for now.
Old 05-08-2005
Registered!!

bOoStEd042dr will become famous soon enoughbOoStEd042dr will become famous soon enough
You musta gained like 2hp like that untill u suck a piece of dirt and ur engine kills....good catch though!!!
Old 05-08-2005
New Mod on the Block

^lol. i knew it was too good to be true. the car was running with a little extra power. im so glad i caught it before something bad happened.
Old 05-08-2005
Registered!!

2k2civic should not be trusted2k2civic should not be trusted
Honestly what I would do is go to a hardware store and pick up a rubber coupling (it's black and it's used for drain piping)...I'm pretty sure they're only like $5 or $6 so it's a pretty cheap fix. I really don't think it's worth the time or money to get a new one.

BTW is that electrical tape covering up the hole that the PCV hose is supposed to plug into? There's a cleaner looking, better fix to that too....auto parts stores will have what are marked as vacuum caps that you can use to cover that up nicely and make sure it's not sucking in stuff.
Old 05-08-2005
Registered!!

cdmx will become famous soon enoughcdmx will become famous soon enough
why not stock with the K&N drop in...Id have put my stock back in if i had all the parts!!
Old 05-08-2005
Registered!!

That's another way of doing things. I was just trying to suggest the cheapest way of going about it since he said he likes the sound and all so he was probably just gonna end up getting another intake of the same (or similiar) style, but my way of going about it would obviously be cheaper.
Old 05-08-2005
New Mod on the Block

yeah, i like the sound so im gonna keep the intake. would home depot have rubber couplings? and yes it was electical tape, i never really got around to putting a cap on it, but im going to do that when i get the coupling. thanks a lot.
Old 05-08-2005
Life Begins > 6800rpms

blouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to behold
haha - i got one of those ebay intakes for winter time. its worked for 3 seasons; good for 10 bucks.
Old 05-08-2005
Registered!!

Yup, Home depot would definately have them. I'm not sure what size you want to get though (they are made for different materials and I think they go on the inside diameter) so you should probably take a piece with you to match it up.
Old 05-08-2005
New Mod on the Block

ok thanks. i would rep you but i've "given out too many rep points in the last 24 hours."
Old 05-08-2005
Registered!!

bickford05 is an unknown quantity at this point
that sucks
Old 05-08-2005
Registered!!

armjr2 is an unknown quantity at this point
if u do fix it make sure the intake is no hittin the strut bar, it looks like that intake was rubbin the strut bar then jus cuzed undo stress on the rubber coupling then ripped.
U can see the rubbing marks by the "E" on top of the intake, remember the engine rocks back and forth from torque as u gas it.
I had a struct bar like that with my intake I end up replacein it with the neuspeed bar cuz it was hittin my intake and I didnt want it to hit a hole in my intake. U have to test the engine movement by pushin on the throttle cable to make sure nothing is hittin or rubbin after u install stuff

Last edited by armjr2; 05-08-2005 at 07:01 PM.
Old 05-08-2005
Sweetest Dude on 7th Gen

xX03EXx will become famous soon enoughxX03EXx will become famous soon enough
Im debating whether or not I want to put my cai back in. I mean the sound is amazing but stock performance is better.
Old 05-08-2005
New Mod on the Block

yeah it was rubbing, so i zip tied the end of the intake to make it lower and not hit. i was gonna find a better solution to the problem, but i never got around to it. what type of intake does everyone have?
Old 05-08-2005
The Beez Kneez

acidbaby will become famous soon enoughacidbaby will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by gearbox
put stock back if you want better performance below 5k rpms. Ebay intakes suck, even more than regular ones.

indeed,,,
Old 05-08-2005
I went to prison a boy and came out a man with a sore ass!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
QBoi is a glorious beacon of lightQBoi is a glorious beacon of lightQBoi is a glorious beacon of lightQBoi is a glorious beacon of lightQBoi is a glorious beacon of lightQBoi is a glorious beacon of light
Damn, I hoped there would be like a dead squirrel sucked halfway in your intake or something. That would be the best thread evAr
Old 05-08-2005
Tighter than a third eye after 1 week in prison.

Caucasian.Asian is a jewel in the roughCaucasian.Asian is a jewel in the roughCaucasian.Asian is a jewel in the roughCaucasian.Asian is a jewel in the rough
put some pebbles in there and start your car up. it makes really cool sounds.
Old 05-08-2005
jdmtytedoridori

Al Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of light
one time a while back, my ebay intake's filter fell off the pipe, right onto the shifter cables, and i couldnt shift because it was in the way, it sucked.

Quick Reply: OMFG!!! i opened my hood and...