Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

OMFG!!! i opened my hood and...

Old 05-09-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cdmx will become famous soon enoughcdmx will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by xX03EXx
Im debating whether or not I want to put my cai back in. I mean the sound is amazing but stock performance is better.

yea makes me want to get a cam gear for sound
Old 05-09-2005
Touch it... He won't bite, He'll just come at you pretty quick.

Blahman240 is on a distinguished road
Oh snap! Atleast you didn't blow the welds on your intake... Like I did.
Old 05-09-2005
New Mod on the Block

Rennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond repute
you guys are priceless!
Old 05-09-2005
Still in the game...
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

scatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to behold
ebay > you
Old 05-09-2005
Touch it... He won't bite, He'll just come at you pretty quick.

Blahman240 is on a distinguished road
my ebay intake pWNZ this one!
Old 06-20-2005
Registered!!

honda860 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
will the INJEN RS Series fit without modification on my 2005 EX ?
Old 06-20-2005
New Mod on the Block

Rennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond repute
it should. the engine bays for 01+ are all the same. make sure u get an intake for an EX though. and make sure that you specify whether you have an auto or manual, because i think that the mounting places are different.
Old 06-20-2005
DU MA Con Cac

Em2onCPRs is an unknown quantity at this point
damn nice individual throttle body ITB heheh. trying using a couplings that are made for turbos.
Old 06-20-2005
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
lol im glad i paid the $100 for an AEM SRI this morning. much better quality than that garbage. no offense but for the price i guess you got what you paid for. cant wait till next week and i get my intake in. no expecting anything but a loss in hp and a gain in sound.
Old 06-20-2005
New Mod on the Block

i know i got what was comin to me. since then i've put my stock intake back in, and im saving for an AEM sri or V2.
Old 06-20-2005

diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
if between an AEM SRI and V2 dont get the V2. Get the SRI off evay like $130 shipped over the V2 which is over $200 and breaks easier and is no better. SRIs offer nothing but sound on the civic really. air coming in is hot and the V2 really isnt worth the breaking!
Old 06-20-2005
I'm unusually bored.

tony_buttons is an unknown quantity at this point
What could break on the V2? Mine seems sturdy as a rock. I've had it for months without a problem... I also don't race. I had ebay intake before that... it used to vibrate on the hood and my strut bar wouldn't have fit with it in there, Also the filter was cheap. I didn't really notice too much of a sound difference, though. AEM V2 > other intakes IMO
Old 06-20-2005
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
the bracket that connects the tube to the chassis can break. K&N made a rubber cylinder to put inbetween so it can flex without breaking off. AEM knows this and will give you a new intake so long as you have a receipt.
Old 06-20-2005
The World Is Yours!

burke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond repute
[B]damn thats a bummer, i would go with a Injen CAI. Injen is better than AEM...IMO. well holla!
Old 06-20-2005

thats why im all about sri's...connect right where the stock box connects with no major change of breaking like a cai or v2.
w/e you want to do though, thats just my opinion
Old 06-20-2005
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
injen cai rubs on the frame and eventually a hole will form in the pipe. sorry
Old 06-20-2005
Registered!!

karlozc2003 should not be trusted
That **** is FUNNY !
Old 09-15-2005
Registered!!

cincyrider is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Rennen
^^^ yeah, it feels like it pulls harder with the stock intake in. i like the sound though. and i don't want to get another silicone boot because this intake is pretty thrashed. i guess i'll just leave the stock one in for now.

How old was that silicone boot? It shouldn't have done that. A good silicone boot should last for years. What did you do to fix the problem? Did you go with a new intake? Or just replace the Boot?
Old 09-15-2005

jesus thread revival
Old 09-15-2005
Registered!!

03CivicEX4Door is an unknown quantity at this point
same thing is happening to my aem cai, any idea's on how to fix the problem.
Old 09-15-2005
Registered!!

same thing

Originally Posted by 03CivicEX4Door
same thing is happening to my aem cai, any idea's on how to fix the problem.

I assume you mean the coupler splitting. If so first check the coupler if it came with kit etc. there is a good chance that it is single ply. Meaning that there is no reinforcment inside the silicone. For coupler over 2.5" ID you should use a 4 Ply reinforced coupler. Second most common mistake is that silicone breaks down when in contact with oil or fuel. It can become brittle. Make sure you do not use oil or fuel based cleaners on them. Clean only with rubbing alcohol. Another factor could be the clamps you are using. Do not use regular hose clamps, the kind with all the holes. Silicone is very pliable and can squeeze through the holes and tear the silicone rubber. Use only solid band clamps. A good t-bolt clamp is best.
Old 09-16-2005
Registered!!

larsbars is an unknown quantity at this point
same thing happened to me

I was super happy that nothing got sucked in either. When I looked at my couplers that came with my kit, I noticed that there was no reinforcement in them what so ever . That is what me decide to replace all my couplers and while I was at it, I replaced all my vacuum hose. Got mine from www.stylinmotors.com. Did it all in gloss black. Glad I did, several of my vacuum lines were dry rotted. After I was done it just looked cool too. Super easy to clean as well, no more ArmorAll.
Old 09-16-2005
New Mod on the Block

since then, i've put back on my stock intake. i just paid for my injen intake from danscreations yesterday, and it should be here on tuesday.
Old 09-16-2005
My penis is just like all my posts, very very short

zachgeyer has a spectacular aura aboutzachgeyer has a spectacular aura about
jdm yo!@
Old 09-17-2005
Registered!!

Keet will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by QBoi
Damn, I hoped there would be like a dead squirrel sucked halfway in your intake or something. That would be the best thread evAr
LOL, I don't know what I was expecting to see either when I clicked on this thread. Not to laugh at your misfortunes or anything... but that's hilarious, squirrel or no squirrel.

But anyway, keep the intake, it's fine as all the rest, just get something stronger to hold it in place as others have suggested here.
Old 09-17-2005
Registered!!

intake

since then, i've put back on my stock intake. i just paid for my injen intake from danscreations yesterday, and it should be here on tuesday.
Did you get a stronger coupler? The intake is not the problem.
Old 09-17-2005
The Beez Kneez

acidbaby will become famous soon enoughacidbaby will become famous soon enough
now its high flowyo
Old 09-17-2005
New Mod on the Block

Originally Posted by cincyrider
Did you get a stronger coupler? The intake is not the problem.
the reason the coupling ripped like that is because i ziptied the intake to make it lower so it would be able to clear my strut bar. the intake was rubbing on my strut bar, as you can see in the pics, so i ghetto rigged it by pulling down the intake useing zip ties, therefore putting much more stress on the coupling, and causing it to tear over time. god i hope i dont get flamed for this...
Old 09-17-2005
Crayons taste like purple...

shroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to behold
good thing i caught this before anything got sucked in.

ok how did you get that lil filter element on there... i tired like hell and couldn't get mine on their

EDIT: wait looks like (upon further inspection) you coupled on both ends an inch or so of vaccuum hose?

Last edited by Shroomster; 09-17-2005 at 02:37 PM.
Old 09-17-2005
New Mod on the Block

^yup.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: OMFG!!! i opened my hood and...