Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Dual Exhaust????

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
blackdragon will become famous soon enoughblackdragon will become famous soon enough
Dual Exhaust????

I'm trying to figure out if dual exhaust makes sense on our Vics. And I know alotta ppl R U wonder about it also. Post ur thoughts on it.
Old 05-02-2005
Fiji Club Member

HondaGuy12 is on a distinguished road
I really dont see the point of this... just for show..
Old 05-02-2005
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by blackdragon
I'm trying to figure out if dual exhaust makes sense on our Vics. And I know alotta ppl R U wonder about it also. Post ur thoughts on it.
No it does not. end of story. a turbo 1.7L still needs only a nice flowing exhaust. no reason for dual exhaust on a civic, or any 4-cylinder under 3L. Even the Sti and Evo's are single exhaust and they are 2.9L pushing almost 300 hp
so NO, ABSOLUTLY NOT
Old 05-02-2005
Got Bags?

HondaNation is on a distinguished road
i had dual exhaust long time ago in my ricer years.....DONT get em, stick with single exhaust
Old 05-02-2005
I drive a jeep to compensate for my tiny pee pee

Blue_Honda_Civ will become famous soon enoughBlue_Honda_Civ will become famous soon enough
isnt the sti 2.5L and the evo 2L?
Old 05-02-2005

diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Blue_Honda_Civ
isnt the sti 2.5L and the evo 2L?
dunno about the sti just using the evo cause i know its 2.0
Old 05-02-2005
Registered!!

prodrive32FF is an unknown quantity at this point
both are 2.0 4cyl turbocharged
Old 05-02-2005
The blackbeauty ES1.

jhonsok is an unknown quantity at this point
What about..S2K's or TSXs..they have dual exhausts..and are both 4 cylinder no?
Old 05-02-2005
Fiji Club Member

HondaGuy12 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by jhonsok
its been proven if u convert the s2k to single exhaust its better flow and may lead to better numbers..
Old 05-02-2005
Registered!!

slowvr4 is an unknown quantity at this point
i think most dual exhausts aren't even that great unless it's a true dual from the headers back. otherwise, it's just another cause of turbulence at the y-pipe where the two branch off.. just my $0.02
Old 05-02-2005
My SL65 rim, because a rim is all I can afford

Jrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to all
dual exhaust is will rob you of power on ANY inline engine. Go find a car with a dual exhaust and an inline engine, put your hand over one of the tail pipes, you will feel it pulling your hand in, it does the same thing with air. One of Archimedes principals says that if you something flowing fast through a tube, and there is a hole in the tube it will actually suck air into the tube and raise pressure. The second exhaust is just an extension of the whole in the tube sucking air into the primary one.

Cars that come with it stock are high in flowing resistance, so they can build pressure on each one and make it work. But after market systems rarely have this kind of R&D backing them.
Old 05-02-2005
Type Skivic

TeRRoRiFiC35 is an unknown quantity at this point
nicely stated, i was gonna say the same thing. dual exhausts are gay on civics
Old 05-02-2005
Jap-Euro Fusion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by jhonsok
They're dual exit. They both split behind the rear axle. Theres no reason for it other than it looks sportier.
VERY few cars left have true duals from the headers back.
Old 05-02-2005

Jrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Boilermaker1
VERY few cars left have true duals from the headers back.
VERY few from the factory any way. And you can only have that if you have a V style engine
Old 05-02-2005

Originally Posted by Jrfish007
VERY few from the factory any way. And you can only have that if you have a V style engine
or 2 2->1 headers in our cars
Old 05-02-2005

Originally Posted by diskreet
or 2 2->1 headers in our cars
Actually that may work as weird as it sounds. Take a 4to2to1 header and cut off the 2to1 part and run two pipes back. But then you are slowing the velocity of the gas down and unless you plan on revving into the 10,000 RPM range you are again hurting your self. The only way to get around that would be to run your dual exhaust with 1.5 inch pipes... lol I think you are still better off with a good single system.

"Yeah I got dual 1.5 inch pipes on my civic"

I did see one civic that rightfully had a dual system, it had a dual parallel turbos. I didn't ask why he put them in parallel, well I though about asking but then I saw the chrome radiator and just left and luaghed at him.
Old 05-02-2005

Originally Posted by Jrfish007
"Yeah I got dual 1.5 inch pipes on my civic"

I did see one civic that rightfully had a dual system, it had a dual parallel turbos. I didn't ask why he put them in parallel, well I though about asking but then I saw the chrome radiator and just left and luaghed at him.

Dude im gunna run quad 3/4 inch pipes beeotch!
Old 05-02-2005

sheeeeeetttttt
Old 05-02-2005
Sweetest Dude on 7th Gen

xX03EXx will become famous soon enoughxX03EXx will become famous soon enough
It's been done.
Old 05-02-2005

Originally Posted by xX03EXx
It's been done.

I hate ricers...gives us normal people a bad name!
Old 05-02-2005
Fuzzy Boy

FuzzBeC00L is an unknown quantity at this point
Don't do dual Go for triple exhaust
Old 05-02-2005
I went to prison a boy and came out a man with a sore ass!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
QBoi is a glorious beacon of lightQBoi is a glorious beacon of lightQBoi is a glorious beacon of lightQBoi is a glorious beacon of lightQBoi is a glorious beacon of lightQBoi is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by FuzzBeC00L
Don't do dual Go for triple exhaust

Mang, why stop there?
Old 05-02-2005
Registered!!

Vantage should not be trusted
just weld tips across ur back bumper. Also, 1 thing ive always wondered is i wonder how dual tips coming out of the middle of the bumper would look. The new Echo's have this exhaust as a TRD dealer option, and it looks sexy on it. Just got me thinking of how it would look on a civic with a custom rear lip, something small with a hole in the middle for pipes...

Im digin the new echo's if they werent so slow...

Last edited by Vantage; 05-02-2005 at 05:43 PM.
Old 05-02-2005
The Beer-man

Metallica454 is an unknown quantity at this point
You know fellas, faux dual exhaust is useless unless you have a V-style engine and are routing 'true' dual exhaust.
Old 05-02-2005
Registered!!

ACURAwerx is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by prodrive32FF
both are 2.0 4cyl turbocharged
STI is a 2.5 liter
Old 05-02-2005
I log in from time to time

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Vantage
just weld tips across ur back bumper. Also, 1 thing ive always wondered is i wonder how dual tips coming out of the middle of the bumper would look. The new Echo's have this exhaust as a TRD dealer option, and it looks sexy on it. Just got me thinking of how it would look on a civic with a custom rear lip, something small with a hole in the middle for pipes...

Im digin the new echo's if they werent so slow...
that's not an echo. that's the canadian echo. lol
Old 05-02-2005
jdmtytedoridori

Al Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of light
waste of money IMO. theres this guy around here with an mr2 he rebuilt with "dual exhaust", but exhaust only comes outta one of the tips. ricer.
Old 05-02-2005
New Mod on the Block

Rennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond repute
my friend got dual exausts. he got a bodykit for free, only problem was that it had 2 spaces for dual exausts, so he got them to fill it out. it looks pretty good. it does not add performance though.
Old 05-02-2005

hey you quoted me! Yay!
(in your sig)
Old 05-02-2005
Registered!!

Mike04Civic is an unknown quantity at this point
I dont think dual exhaust looks good on a 7th gen civic anyways,...soo,..stick with the mono exhaust
~Mike D.~

Quick Reply: Dual Exhaust????