Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Any last min tips on......

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
4bangin is an unknown quantity at this point
Any last min tips on......

pulling the headlights and taillights apart? im blacking them both out today and was wondering if there were any last min tips or problems or easier ways that ppl figured out?
Old 05-01-2005
Registered!!

hustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the rough
I dont think you can pull the taillights apart.... you gotta smoke them out from the outside.

Headlights.... be careful not to get any goo on the chrome insert when taking it out
Old 05-01-2005
New Mod on the Block

Rennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond repute
if you get fingerprints on the chrome on the headlights, don't use windex to try to take them off.
Old 05-01-2005
Got Bags?

HondaNation is on a distinguished road
tip #1 dont f#ck them up.
tip #2 thats bout it.....
Old 05-01-2005
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

civic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond repute
just take your time and do it right
Old 05-01-2005
Registered!!

i thought u could pull the tails apart, i have seen a few members paint them the same color as the car but not the whole light, just the parts that dont light up.
Old 05-01-2005
Registered!!

hustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by 4bangin
i thought u could pull the tails apart, i have seen a few members paint them the same color as the car but not the whole light, just the parts that dont light up.
I dunno..... I dont think anyone here pulled their taillights apart. THey are different then the headlights
Old 05-01-2005
I log in from time to time

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
you can pull the altezza tail lights apart. stock ones will break..
Old 05-01-2005
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
someone dremeled the stock ones and made em clear tails by gluing on a tezza clear lens.
Old 05-01-2005
Registered!!

04trinicivic is an unknown quantity at this point
use two ppl when u doing ur headlights have u pull while the other holds a blow dryer while ur pulling. thas after u put them in the oven of course
Old 05-01-2005
Registered!!

rolla is an unknown quantity at this point
dont' rush it
do one headlight at a time
try to get another person to help you

paint thinner and plastic don't mix
Old 05-01-2005
Registered!!

CarbonFiberSi is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by civic01vtec
just take your time and do it right
Took me a weekend to do mine. I wanted the paint to be completely dry before trying to put them back together. I let it dry overnight.
Patience is key.
Old 05-01-2005
Registered!!

paradoxblue will become famous soon enough
heh,. yeha u cant take teh tails apart..

people who pnly blacked part is cause they taped part of teh tails and tinted around it

its all red plastic. even if they come apart the inside would be painted then coverd with red plastric.. u need to tint them
Old 05-01-2005

bamb00 is a glorious beacon of lightbamb00 is a glorious beacon of lightbamb00 is a glorious beacon of lightbamb00 is a glorious beacon of lightbamb00 is a glorious beacon of lightbamb00 is a glorious beacon of light
reseal them WELL!
Old 05-01-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by paradoxblue
heh,. yeha u cant take teh tails apart..

people who pnly blacked part is cause they taped part of teh tails and tinted around it

its all red plastic. even if they come apart the inside would be painted then coverd with red plastric.. u need to tint them

ya thats what i ended up doing, they are being tinted as we speak.

there was one coupe on this site however that had his tails painted silver to match his car....i wonder how he did that? oh well. the headlights im waiting till i go back home and can have my brother help me out.
Old 05-01-2005
jdmtytedoridori

Al Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of light
dont fack up your tails by putting too much clear coat on and having it run. i did that the other day, then i had to do this:

yeah, scrape it all off. i was mad. i ended up just taking my stock 04's and getting insta-cling 20% tint film and putting that on. looks soo much better, but looks hardcore crusty up close (within 5 feet).
Old 05-01-2005
Registered!!

damn! well i have an extra pair of tails incase i do **** up. im gunna try it without the clear coat cause whoever did the diy didnt use clear and said it looked fine. if it doesnt look right once they are tinted, ill just spray some clear on it.
Old 05-01-2005
jdmtytedoridori

Al Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of light
yeah i was rollin without clear for a few days, dust just sticks to it. clean it off, drive around for 5 mins, more dust.
Old 05-01-2005
Registered!!

oh really? so u suggest jsut maybe one or two light coats of clear then?
Old 05-01-2005

bamb00 is a glorious beacon of lightbamb00 is a glorious beacon of lightbamb00 is a glorious beacon of lightbamb00 is a glorious beacon of lightbamb00 is a glorious beacon of lightbamb00 is a glorious beacon of light

there was one coupe on this site however that had his tails painted silver to match his car....i wonder how he did that? oh well. the headlights im waiting till i go back home and can have my brother help me out.
you mean grayghost?
http://www.7thgencivic.com/memberrid...cat/500/page/1

i think he just taped what he doesn't want painted and took it to a bodyshop and had them paint the OUTSIDE of his tailights.
Old 05-01-2005

here's a DIY http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=70859
Old 05-02-2005
Registered!!

Anything is do-able with the tails as long as you have the right equipment. I'm pretty sure with enough effort and time you could take the tails apart but it would be a very hard DIY with a very high risk of ruining them..