Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Jacked my sh#@

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JayFReaZy will become famous soon enough
Thumbs down Jacked my sh#@

Well, my car got broken into yesterday in broad day light between 3pm-8pm. My 2 amps, and sub are gone. They broke the rear side panel, opened the doors, and popped my hood with im guessing a crowbar, since the lock was ripped out right from the hood. They broke the latch for the trunk on the inside, therefore they couldnt open it. Yet, my sub and amps are missing. I have no clue how they opened the trunk, there was no sign of them forcing the trunk open. Im guessin they have master/skeleton key inorder for them to just open it freely?

Now, I dunno what to do. Should I beef it up with more security? Or just get my parts back, and leave it as is? I wasted a good 450 on my alarm as well as an installation of a hoodlock, and it still didnt prevent the theives from getting what they wanted. Is it really worth beefin up security if theres always things around it? My bro was just tellin me, **** it, leave security alone, if people gonna jack it, they gonna do it reguardless. So, any advice here would help.

I parked my car in a nice neighborhood, im thinkin if it gets jacked here, it'll get jacked anywhere. However, I do have a feelin I was set up, because someone knew where I was gonna be, how long I was gonna be gone for, and where I parked my car. Honestly, who breaks into a car in broad day light, in a residential neighborhood, in a busy street? Anyway, at least they didnt take more ya know? Because it could've been A LOT worse. Anyway, advice would be great, thanks for the help and support...
Old 04-29-2005
Registered!!

chrisleecool has a spectacular aura aboutchrisleecool has a spectacular aura about
man..so many theives in NY...
I think ur brother is right, if they want it, they'll GET it ...
It won't take long if they know what they want...
Sorry I can't give u any good advices but to go back to stock ....
Old 04-29-2005
There is gl@ss in my @SS...
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

drew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond repute
How about bolting your stuff down, this will at least make it harder for someone to steal your stuff, an alarm can only do so much, you could always shave your key hole on your truck and doors and make it that much more harder, but if they break the windows and pop the trunk then i don't know what to tell you.
Old 04-29-2005
Back From The Banned!

CuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really nice
damn, I'm sorry Jay..... atleast they didnt take the car. By me, ppl get their car jacked in broad day light. And my friend had his Integra jacked a few weeks ago at the COllege Point theater!
Old 04-29-2005
Registered!!

LiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura aboutLiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura aboutLiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura about
It helps a little bit to make it harder for thieves to break into your car, but if you start bolting things down and making it hard for thieves to take what they want, imagine what they might do to your car out of fustration.

Like most people will tell you, it doesn't matter if your security cost $1 or $1000, if the punks want it they'll find a way to take it.

Also, the trunk lock feature in the interior of the car is very useless.
Once you rip off the side panel plastic the mechanism can be unlocked by hand.
Old 04-29-2005
Registered!!

ciVictoria will become famous soon enoughciVictoria will become famous soon enough
Sorry to hear about your car being broke into but you should try to see who set you up if you think it was a setup and bolt your stuff down it.
Old 04-29-2005
Touch it... He won't bite, He'll just come at you pretty quick.

Blahman240 is on a distinguished road
Alarms will stop some of the jacking... But the pro's know how to get around them.
Old 04-29-2005
ThE CoRRupToR

dru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nice
Sup foo!!!! Where'd ya been!!?? You havent posted in a long time but yea sucks that they jacked ur ****!!! What sub and amp did u had?
Old 04-29-2005
Registered!!

hookitup34 is an unknown quantity at this point
man sry to hear. what kind of alarm did u have?
Old 04-30-2005
Registered!!

paradoxblue will become famous soon enough
sorry. to hear.

i dont know.. keep a basic alarm and good insurance.. all i can telly ou.

oh mount your **** to stuff you need replaced

like some how wire your hood so they gootta f it up.. then u can get CF cheap lol.

if your gonna get jacked. do it right
Old 04-30-2005

ncirom2003 will become famous soon enough
you should only invest in security if its upgrading to a viper 2-way remote alarm system i have it and its saved my car a few times when im parked in boston.
if they opend ur doors they probably just popped your trunk, otherwise just bolt everything down and screw your subs into box using a screw with a allen wrench head or something uncommon so they cant unscrew it out, my best advice would honestly be dont show off what youve got, i know it sux but its the only way.
Old 04-30-2005
Registered!!

kornsined is a jewel in the roughkornsined is a jewel in the roughkornsined is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by LiKEaFeRiO
Also, the trunk lock feature in the interior of the car is very useless.Once you rip off the side panel plastic the mechanism can be unlocked by hand.
I found that out when i was fixing my stereo RCA's and took off the bottom side molding off. I was like WTF? way too easy so just said screw it and i haven't locked up the trunk ever since. people will just wreck **** trying to get in if they have enough time.
Old 04-30-2005

does that trunk lock also lock the gas tank cus i wouldnt want to unlock it everytime i fill up
Old 04-30-2005
Registered!!

slicksivik will become famous soon enoughslicksivik will become famous soon enough
trunk locks, but when u press the trunk it wont pop open cuz its locked. u dont need to unlock everytime for the trunk. just disconnect ur trunk lock and the only way to get in is if u have the key and u pull out the rear seats and even that, if u bolt it down, its gonna be quite hard to get everything out of the rear seat.
Old 04-30-2005
The Declaration of Independence was written on marijuna paper

Ellocodetroit is a jewel in the roughEllocodetroit is a jewel in the roughEllocodetroit is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by ncirom2003
does that trunk lock also lock the gas tank cus i wouldnt want to unlock it everytime i fill up
Nope you can have the trunk locked and still press down to open the gas lid.

That sucks about your car. Man I hate thieves.
Old 04-30-2005
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
really sucks to hear. That's one of the reasons I only have a single cheap amp and a deck now. Here are some things you could have done, because alarm is really useless. Nobody pays attention to those, not even me anymore because everytime its been some idiot setting his off on purpose or opening door with a key and having it go, or the really sensitive ones that a passing bus will trigger.

--Unhook the trunk release cable from the latch so they can't just pull the lever.
--Shaved trunk helps alot cause the only way in is a crowbar or backseat (much harder than it looks).
--But to really beat em I would just downgrade your system. If its getting stolen, why just give them more stuff? You know they'll be back later when you replace everything.
Old 04-30-2005
Registered!!

shave trunk.. install electric poper and hide the button

then wire up a smaller battery somewhere direct to your alarm.. so if they cut the batter it will still go off
Old 04-30-2005
Boosted 04

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
joshb_ is just really nicejoshb_ is just really nicejoshb_ is just really nicejoshb_ is just really nice
its funny cause where i live (monroe county) we have like the 2nd or 3rd highest theft rate in NY. You really gotta be carefull. Sorry to hear that bro.
Old 04-30-2005
Registered!!

BigGeorge is an unknown quantity at this point
I had a grand prix that got broken in too, they stole my amp that was on an amp board through the framing on the trunk( I made a flip down back seat and left if down = idiot) it was a hcca 225, I miss that amp. Anyways they tried to get in the trunk but didn't have time. I put one of those steel braided cables with a padlock wrapped around in the trunk so you could only open it 8 inches, just enough to reach in and unlock the lock. I also bolted everything down. That stuff is a good idea but in all actuality it will it only slow thieves down
Old 04-30-2005
Registered!!

or they just tow it away and boom nothing u .did works. take it out to a garage.. let the alarm die heh
Old 04-30-2005
Registered!!

I agree with you, if they want it they will get it. I am not going to make it easy for someone though
Old 04-30-2005

cubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of light
Sorry to hear that man...
I say put a sign that says: "Traspassers will be shot, survivors will be shot again"
They'll think you are crazy and leave your **** alone...
Old 04-30-2005
Registered!!

I made a sign back in the day that stated "If you FVCK with my car I will paint the wall behind you with your brains". I was so pisssed when my car got broken in to, you work so hard to have nice stuff you know.
Old 04-30-2005

cubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by BigGeorge
I was so pisssed when my car got broken in to, you work so hard to have nice stuff you know.
We all feel you man...
Old 04-30-2005
Registered!!

Last year I saw this car in the early morning outside my house with the lights off and running. I would turn a light on and they would leave. I got nervous about the car getting broken in to so I kept my sks by my door loaded. Nothing happened for a while then one night I saw the car again, this time people were out of it and on my property. I ran out of my house as fast as I could rapid firing the sks into the ground, those guys took off so fast. I never saw that car again, thank god.
Old 04-30-2005
Registered!!

lol

yeah thats one way george

good for u. shouklda wounded them so they couldnt do it again
Old 04-30-2005
Registered!!

Wolfgang5884 has a spectacular aura aboutWolfgang5884 has a spectacular aura aboutWolfgang5884 has a spectacular aura about
damn sorry to hear that
Old 04-30-2005

as for the shaved trunk, i did it and unless you disconnect the popper inside they will just use that but then you kiss goodby accesss to the trunk so it sucks.
if you got a good 2-way remote alarm with spare batt. and siren hidden it would do alot!
you can never beat theives but you can discourage them and thats what its all about. its your only chance to make it harder for them because if they have to spend an hour on your car theyll just go to the next one that takes 10 minutes.
Old 04-30-2005
Registered!!

Black03civic has a spectacular aura aboutBlack03civic has a spectacular aura aboutBlack03civic has a spectacular aura about
damn that sucks bro, i think you should put a few king cobra's in your trunk, that will teach em.
Old 04-30-2005
Registered!!

JayFReaZy will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by LiKEaFeRiO
It helps a little bit to make it harder for thieves to break into your car, but if you start bolting things down and making it hard for thieves to take what they want, imagine what they might do to your car out of fustration.
My point exactly. If i make it harder for the thieves to steal my stuff, they technically could take out the frustration on my car. Thank god my car is still in mint condition except for that broken rear panel which I already got fixed. But, beefing up security may/can lead to more damage to my car because the thieves will just get pissed off and break more sht. Like my brother told me, if you always didnt leave your trunk locked, the latch would still be working. Now, I have to pay god knows how much to get it fixed instead of just that rear sidepanel window. People say to shave the keyhole, and cut the wire for the trunk from the inside. This means, if a thief wanted to open my trunk, they'd probably have to use a crowbar, which means, more damages to the car. Also, if I had a 2nd battery powering my alarm, the thief might get scared and start cutting ALL the wires in my engine bay, which will also add to the damages. Sure i saved my amp/sub, but, id still have to shell out a good amount of cash to fix any damages. So I mean, is there anyway around this? Im still debating on what to do, beef up security, or what?

Also, that viper 2-way alarm would'nt have worked because after I parked my car, I took the train into the city. So, it would be too far to get any reading from it.

Quick Reply: Jacked my sh#@