weight reductaion add WHP? - Honda Civic Forum

Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-28-2005   #1  
Registered!!

paradoxblue will become famous soon enough
weight reductaion add WHP?

i know what the engine HP is.. but when it gets to the wheels it is less. duh

ok but seriously have you guys noticed speed from stripping the seats.. trunk.. passanger seat.. etc.

so many talk about it. but on our cars does it really do squat?

paradoxblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005   #2  
I dont know what im talking about

Supermanrider is an unknown quantity at this point
its just changes the power to weight ratio of the car so ur engine has less work to do not as much wieght to pull.
Supermanrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005   #3  
Back From The Banned!

CuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really nice
think of your engine as muscles.... would you have an easier time lifting a 100lb box or 10 lb box?
CuRiOuSfIsH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005   #4  
Registered!!

pimpc is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuRiOuSfIsH
think of your engine as muscles.... would you have an easier time lifting a 100lb box or 10 lb box?
Nice way of putting
But come on does this really need to be discussed, it is common sense
pimpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005   #5  
Subarus FTW I do NOT miss my civic

2K1Civic17"Gabe is an unknown quantity at this point
I cant wait to pull out my subs.trunk floor/spare/and a bunch of other stuff. I always like having subs though, so i dont care about weight. Only when I hit up the track hopefully in about a week. Gonna see what times I get and how noticeable 2-300 lbs is, probably pretty noticeable. Like when you have 2 people in the car, your car will lag a lot more, and if its a fat person, damn our car is slow. I hate boosting with way fat people in the car, lol. They also make me bottom out, haha, for reals though.
2K1Civic17"Gabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005   #6  
Shinier than yours, meatbag

Hurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud of
I hate having more than one person in the car! car handles like poo
Hurts2bStock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005   #7  
just a troll who likes to laugh at YOU.

varmin will become famous soon enough
i think he was asking more like this:

'if i go to the trouble to reduce weight, will the performance gains be noticable/worth it?'

of course it has an effect, but how much? i mean, can you feel the speed/acceleration difference, for instance, if you remove the back seat/door panels/whatever?

edit: after rereading the top, his thread title is totally different from what he eventually gets around to asking, so i can see why y'all be explainin' and ****.

Last edited by varmin; 04-29-2005 at 11:55 AM.
varmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005   #8  
Shinier than yours, meatbag

Hurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud of
I would say, if the race track is where your car will spend the majority of its time then yes it's worth it, but if the car is driven for daily driver keep your carpet ,back seat, stereo, etc. IMO its getto too if you don't have a fast car to start off with.
Hurts2bStock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005   #9  
Subarus FTW I do NOT miss my civic

2K1Civic17"Gabe is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurts2bStock
I would say, if the race track is where your car will spend the majority of its time then yes it's worth it, but if the car is driven for daily driver keep your carpet ,back seat, stereo, etc. IMO its getto too if you don't have a fast car to start off with.
Agreed, unless I was running 11s, I would keep my full interior. Than I would only rip it out to get the times down. Its better off to be comfortable, and not damage any parts lyeing around the house and not be able to reuse it to sell it. Unless its a 400whp civic, and you dont drive it daily, go for it. Otherwise, leave that ish in.
2K1Civic17"Gabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005   #10  
One Slow Civic.... But I can take turns pretty well :-)

Blahman2 should not be trustedBlahman2 should not be trustedBlahman2 should not be trustedBlahman2 should not be trusted
Its really not hard to pull out everything for a track run. Just do it the day you plan to run.
Blahman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005   #11  
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
unless you are going to take out EVERYTHING unnecessary, as in door panels, metal door frame, dash, interior carpets, panels, seats, metal console frame, rear deck, spare tire, etc. then you probably wont notice the difference. If you get the car down to a layer of sheet metal on a frame then yeah the like 500+ pounds should make a pretty decent difference.
diskreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005   #12  
Registered!!

Vantage should not be trusted
U can really notice when u take out interior, i took out 200 lbs from my crx and noticed alot better acceleration and a lot better freeway passing power. the rule of thumb is for every 100 lbs u take out of a car, u gain .1 second in the 1/4 mile. and .1 is quiet a bit if u know about track times.
Vantage is offline   Reply With Quote