Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

New Member with a shamefully stock 01 VTEC

Old 04-18-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Genevieve is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink New Member with a shamefully stock 01 VTEC

hey,
I bought my 01 civic S (MANUAL) in nov as my first car.... Um its painfully stock. I was wondering if there are instructions (for a TOTALLY oblivious girl like me) on how to wire subs and an amp and how to change out speakers? I've read the other posts on this but i need this in really laymen's terms. How do I calcualte the amount of watts my alternator puts out and how much the subs and everything is gonna take out? how do I do this without straining my alternator. Does anyone have any suggestions for wheels ( erm I think those are "rims" right? lol) I have 16s(?) how big can i go without rubbing the wheel welds? How do i wire inside neons into a switch on the control panel? are all these things a DIY stuff or should I get professional help? Anyone know of a good place that would do it for a high school student budget in Mass or RI?

Sorry if im tossing a billions questions out there.. feel free to answer some or all
Old 04-18-2005
Registered!!

Hayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of light
all that can be found here http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/search.php? theres a-lot of DIY's here you just need to search....
and welcome to the site....
Old 04-18-2005
Registered!!

2k1civic01 is just really nice2k1civic01 is just really nice2k1civic01 is just really nice2k1civic01 is just really nice
search the forums
Old 04-18-2005
Subarus FTW I do NOT miss my civic

2K1Civic17"Gabe is an unknown quantity at this point
haha, you sound cute.

welcome to the site.

Just have a audio place install your system if youve never done anything with it before. You can have a good amount of watts to your system. Like 1000 easily id say.

You can get 19"s and not rub, but they will slow your car down some. I would get 17"s and drop it a couple inches. (read info on this site on whats needed)

neons arent too hard, look in the DIY section, and there may be something under electronics that says how to wire a switch

I would shop around and see how much people charge to do t hose things, and possibly go to the cheapest shop (but crappier work usually)
Old 04-18-2005
Registered!!

Exit91Civic is an unknown quantity at this point
If you scroll to the top, where the main menu is you will see the "DIY" link. That will help out a little. If you search the net, not only this site but there are many sites that will help you out with the answers to those questions. Just look at what people have done to their cars and see if it worked for them or not, and you just adjust it a little or a lot depending on if it worked or not. If you need help you can PM anyone, if they are nice, they will help out. Feel free to ask me anything, if I can't tell you the answer right away, I'll at least help you look for it. ...just because I'm nice... ;-)
Old 04-18-2005
I went to prison a boy and came out a man with a sore ass!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
QBoi is a glorious beacon of lightQBoi is a glorious beacon of lightQBoi is a glorious beacon of lightQBoi is a glorious beacon of lightQBoi is a glorious beacon of lightQBoi is a glorious beacon of light
We also need pics of you and your boobies.

EDIT: Welcome to the site Get us pics of your boobies, and we shall treat you like QUEEN.
Old 04-18-2005
Registered!!

Hayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by QBoi
We also need pics of you and your boobies.

EDIT: Welcome to the site Get us pics of your boobies, and we shall treat you like QUEEN.
thats sad....

But true....
Old 04-18-2005
Owned By Slo Rex

Day_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questioned
as you can tell there are many leg humpers on the site... have fun here
Old 04-18-2005

QBoi is a glorious beacon of lightQBoi is a glorious beacon of lightQBoi is a glorious beacon of lightQBoi is a glorious beacon of lightQBoi is a glorious beacon of lightQBoi is a glorious beacon of light
For a small fee of a E-BJ, I shall help you with whatever the f you want. You need to find the right parrot, I will get you the perfect parrot. If you want to set up your car so that it can refuel in midair, you got it. If you want to make your car into a 4 wheel death machine, you gots it goin on.
Old 04-18-2005
wut time is it now

2slow2run is an unknown quantity at this point
the answer is out there...derik will help u find it
Old 04-18-2005
Registered!!

if you're calling them "boobies" I guess you don't get to see many. Yeah i do need to put pics of my civic in my profile.. dude girls don't keep pics of thier "boobies" on file but maybe ill get of pic of me in the civic up when i get a chance.

Last edited by Genevieve; 04-18-2005 at 07:24 PM. Reason: mistake
Old 04-18-2005
Registered!!

can't stop laughing at the concept of an "E-BJ"
Old 04-18-2005
I log in from time to time
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
welcome to 7thgen, where 99% of the users here are men. the other 1% are either female, or _Viper_ (you'll see soon enough).
Old 04-18-2005
Registered!!

well said^^^
Old 04-18-2005
Registered!!

CivicStudEx is an unknown quantity at this point
welcome and good luck with all your mods
Old 04-18-2005
Registered!!

I was thinking about starting out by getting some better tires.. my are pretty worn .. I have geostar s right now.. anyone recommend anything better? I was thinking about getting a set of rims but I don't know what kinda look I wanna go for yet and whenever my bf *tries* to drive my car he hits the curbs.. last weekend he hit a curb SO bad (on the driver's side mind you) that he f*cked up my ABS sensor on my left front tire and now i need a new one.. so either i need to ban him from dirving my car or get a new bf if i wanna get rims and not have them dented. Anyway whats a good tire for an 01 civic?
Old 04-18-2005
Registered!!

your b/f needs to learn how to drive thats messed up...
Old 04-18-2005
Owned By Slo Rex

Day_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questioned
I really think you should ban him from driving your car... or he will end up messing up more then your abs sensor.
Old 04-18-2005
G'z UP

Killacamshaft has a little shameless behaviour in the past
welcome
Old 04-18-2005
I log in from time to time
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
dude he's gonna try and make babies in your car.

admin_ban that motha focka
Old 04-18-2005
Registered!!

DUDE its not like he doesnt try everywhere else... my car is too pretty for that.... but I can't respect a guy that can drive a stick.. i think hes on his way out.
Old 04-18-2005
Owned By Slo Rex

your going to dump him just cuz he can't drive??? how old are you just curious
Old 04-18-2005

Originally Posted by Genevieve
DUDE its not like he doesnt try everywhere else... my car is too pretty for that.... but I can't respect a guy that can drive a stick.. i think hes on his way out.

I'm on my way in

Try Falken Ziex 512. Pretty good all season tires.
Old 04-18-2005
Registered!!

im gonna be 18 in may.. and yeah if you cant drive a stick its pretty sad.. He CAN drive .. maybe I wasn't clear he can drive but he doesn't know how to drive a stick, a manual transmission. get it now? thats why he hit the curb.. he peeled out driving my car and hit the curb wicked hard
Old 04-18-2005

if you're calling them "boobies" I guess you don't get to see many. Yeah i do need to put pics of my civic in my profile.. dude girls don't keep pics of thier "boobies" on file but maybe ill get of pic of me in the civic up when i get a chance.

Welcome to the internet. Boobies > all.
Old 04-18-2005
Owned By Slo Rex

im gonna be 18 in may.. and yeah if you cant drive a stick its pretty sad.. He CAN drive .. maybe I wasn't clear he can drive but he doesn't know how to drive a stick, a manual transmission. get it now? thats why he hit the curb.. he peeled out driving my car and hit the curb wicked hard
I still don't see how not knowing how to drive a stick is a plausable reason to dump someone but... do what you feel nessasary
Old 04-18-2005
Balut Eating Champ

pnoyster2k1cvic is on a distinguished road
as far as electrical stuff... if you have no clue on how much watts or volts your alternator makes... the safest way to do it is to leave it to the PRO's... it's fun learning things, but it's not fun messin up something major and learning the hard way... i'm not trying to discourage you, but it sounded like you're a super newb, super newb+electrical stuff=burnt head unit/car on fire
Old 04-18-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by pnoyster2k1cvic
=burnt head unit/car on fire
lol erm.. well I guess I'll be making friends with a local customizer then
Old 04-18-2005
Registered!!

CivicStudEx is an unknown quantity at this point
Ouch about the curbed rims, ban him from the car. I dunno about ditching him. Thats HARSH
Old 04-18-2005
Registered!!

hey.. we have the same car. you have good taste lol

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New Member with a shamefully stock 01 VTEC