Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Member's Rides (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides)
-   -   New Member with a shamefully stock 01 VTEC (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides/208277-new-member-shamefully-stock-01-vtec.html)

Genevieve 04-18-2005 06:29 PM

New Member with a shamefully stock 01 VTEC

hey,
I bought my 01 civic S (MANUAL) in nov as my first car.... Um its painfully stock. I was wondering if there are instructions (for a TOTALLY oblivious girl like me) on how to wire subs and an amp and how to change out speakers? I've read the other posts on this but i need this in really laymen's terms. How do I calcualte the amount of watts my alternator puts out and how much the subs and everything is gonna take out? how do I do this without straining my alternator. Does anyone have any suggestions for wheels ( erm I think those are "rims" right? lol) I have 16s(?) how big can i go without rubbing the wheel welds? How do i wire inside neons into a switch on the control panel? are all these things a DIY stuff or should I get professional help? Anyone know of a good place that would do it for a high school student budget in Mass or RI?

Sorry if im tossing a billions questions out there.. feel free to answer some or all

Hayz 04-18-2005 06:38 PM

all that can be found here http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/search.php? theres a-lot of DIY's here you just need to search....
and welcome to the site.... :tup:

2k1civic01 04-18-2005 06:38 PM

search the forums

2K1Civic17"Gabe 04-18-2005 06:42 PM

haha, you sound cute.

welcome to the site.

Just have a audio place install your system if youve never done anything with it before. You can have a good amount of watts to your system. Like 1000 easily id say.

You can get 19"s and not rub, but they will slow your car down some. I would get 17"s and drop it a couple inches. (read info on this site on whats needed)

neons arent too hard, look in the DIY section, and there may be something under electronics that says how to wire a switch

I would shop around and see how much people charge to do t hose things, and possibly go to the cheapest shop (but crappier work usually)

Exit91Civic 04-18-2005 06:47 PM

If you scroll to the top, where the main menu is you will see the "DIY" link. That will help out a little. If you search the net, not only this site but there are many sites that will help you out with the answers to those questions. Just look at what people have done to their cars and see if it worked for them or not, and you just adjust it a little or a lot depending on if it worked or not. If you need help you can PM anyone, if they are nice, they will help out. Feel free to ask me anything, if I can't tell you the answer right away, I'll at least help you look for it. ...just because I'm nice... ;-)

QBoi 04-18-2005 07:08 PM

We also need pics of you and your boobies.

EDIT: Welcome to the site :D Get us pics of your boobies, and we shall treat you like QUEEN.

Hayz 04-18-2005 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by QBoi
We also need pics of you and your boobies.

EDIT: Welcome to the site :D Get us pics of your boobies, and we shall treat you like QUEEN.

:roflmao: thats sad.... :nono:

But true....

Day_Tripper 04-18-2005 07:15 PM

as you can tell there are many leg humpers on the site... have fun here :)

QBoi 04-18-2005 07:18 PM

For a small fee of a E-BJ, I shall help you with whatever the f you want. You need to find the right parrot, I will get you the perfect parrot. If you want to set up your car so that it can refuel in midair, you got it. If you want to make your car into a 4 wheel death machine, you gots it goin on.

2slow2run 04-18-2005 07:22 PM

the answer is out there...derik will help u find it :D

Genevieve 04-18-2005 07:23 PM

if you're calling them "boobies" I guess you don't get to see many. Yeah i do need to put pics of my civic in my profile.. dude girls don't keep pics of thier "boobies" on file but maybe ill get of pic of me in the civic up when i get a chance.

Genevieve 04-18-2005 07:26 PM

can't stop laughing at the concept of an "E-BJ"

dirtySAMURAI 04-18-2005 07:32 PM

welcome to 7thgen, where 99% of the users here are men. the other 1% are either female, or _Viper_ (you'll see soon enough).

Hayz 04-18-2005 07:34 PM

well said^^^

CivicStudEx 04-18-2005 08:29 PM

welcome and good luck with all your mods

Genevieve 04-18-2005 08:31 PM

I was thinking about starting out by getting some better tires.. my are pretty worn .. I have geostar s right now.. anyone recommend anything better? I was thinking about getting a set of rims but I don't know what kinda look I wanna go for yet and whenever my bf *tries* to drive my car he hits the curbs.. last weekend he hit a curb SO bad (on the driver's side mind you) that he f*cked up my ABS sensor on my left front tire and now i need a new one.. so either i need to ban him from dirving my car or get a new bf if i wanna get rims and not have them dented. Anyway whats a good tire for an 01 civic?

Hayz 04-18-2005 08:34 PM

your b/f needs to learn how to drive thats messed up... :shake:

Day_Tripper 04-18-2005 08:34 PM

I really think you should ban him from driving your car... or he will end up messing up more then your abs sensor.

Killacamshaft 04-18-2005 08:35 PM

:sweet: welcome

dirtySAMURAI 04-18-2005 08:38 PM

dude he's gonna try and make babies in your car.

admin_ban that motha focka

Genevieve 04-18-2005 08:41 PM

DUDE its not like he doesnt try everywhere else... my car is too pretty for that.... but I can't respect a guy that can drive a stick.. i think hes on his way out.

Day_Tripper 04-18-2005 08:43 PM

your going to dump him just cuz he can't drive??? how old are you just curious

QBoi 04-18-2005 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by Genevieve
DUDE its not like he doesnt try everywhere else... my car is too pretty for that.... but I can't respect a guy that can drive a stick.. i think hes on his way out.

I'm on my way in :giggle:

Try Falken Ziex 512. Pretty good all season tires.

Genevieve 04-18-2005 08:47 PM

im gonna be 18 in may.. and yeah if you cant drive a stick its pretty sad.. He CAN drive .. maybe I wasn't clear he can drive but he doesn't know how to drive a stick, a manual transmission. get it now? thats why he hit the curb.. he peeled out driving my car and hit the curb wicked hard

QBoi 04-18-2005 08:49 PM

if you're calling them "boobies" I guess you don't get to see many. Yeah i do need to put pics of my civic in my profile.. dude girls don't keep pics of thier "boobies" on file but maybe ill get of pic of me in the civic up when i get a chance.

Welcome to the internet. Boobies > all.

Day_Tripper 04-18-2005 08:51 PM

im gonna be 18 in may.. and yeah if you cant drive a stick its pretty sad.. He CAN drive .. maybe I wasn't clear he can drive but he doesn't know how to drive a stick, a manual transmission. get it now? thats why he hit the curb.. he peeled out driving my car and hit the curb wicked hard

I still don't see how not knowing how to drive a stick is a plausable reason to dump someone but... do what you feel nessasary

pnoyster2k1cvic 04-18-2005 08:56 PM

as far as electrical stuff... if you have no clue on how much watts or volts your alternator makes... the safest way to do it is to leave it to the PRO's... it's fun learning things, but it's not fun messin up something major and learning the hard way... i'm not trying to discourage you, but it sounded like you're a super newb, super newb+electrical stuff=burnt head unit/car on fire :D

Genevieve 04-18-2005 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by pnoyster2k1cvic
=burnt head unit/car on fire :D

lol erm.. well I guess I'll be making friends with a local customizer then

CivicStudEx 04-18-2005 09:48 PM

Ouch about the curbed rims, ban him from the car. I dunno about ditching him. Thats HARSH

Genevieve 04-18-2005 09:52 PM

hey.. we have the same car. you have good taste lol