Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Chrome or Black Projector Headlights?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2005
There is gl@ss in my @SS...
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
drew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond repute
Chrome or Black Projector Headlights?

I have an 02 Civic Red and I am having the hardest time deciding on what would look better....I have the TYC Altezza Taillights, they are black around the outside and chrome inside, but now I'm getting new headlights and wasn't for sure what to get. Should i go chrome or black? I have 18" Silver Finish wheels on the car. Any suggestions.

Also if you could tell me a good exhaust to get, I am going to get the muffler to start and see how i like it and the sound, then if i want to go louder i'm going to do new headers and piping. I looked at the Apex'i N1 Universal Muffler. Is this a good pipe?
Old 04-08-2005
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

aznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud of
I would take out the taillights, put stocks back in and get black projectors ... definitely not chrome

just get the apexi n1 exhaust ... if you just get the muffler and get custom piping, it won't sound very good imo
Old 04-08-2005

drew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond repute
I just bought the taillights and I love them, why take em out? I like the black alot, pictures i have seen of the projectors look like they don't put out alot of light. The stock headlights look like they reflect more light out. Maybe just the picture, I'm going to also upgrade my lights to put in the new projectors, whats the best to put in?
Old 04-08-2005
Registered!!

Dangerousmonkey is an unknown quantity at this point
lol try the lighting forum...

but I'm kind of wondering the same thing... black or chrome... i'm putting in a chrome grille tho, so i think im going to do chrome housing, dual angel eyes... i dont really care about output.. thats what street lights are for
Old 04-08-2005
Registered!!

Dangerousmonkey is an unknown quantity at this point
lol my bad drew, before i made the smart @$$ comment, i didnt notice your post count...

there's a lighting forum that u can find pretty easily, and that's the place where people would know more about your situation

sorry again lol
Old 04-08-2005
Civicforums Junkie

FALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of light
moved to the Member's Rides Talk forum
Old 04-08-2005
Registered!!

Vantage should not be trusted
dude, just go with ur stock tail lights, and black out the OEM fronts, if u want i can give pics of the oem black headlights on a red car. and tail lights other than stock IMO look super gay. i havent seen an Alteeza or TYC that looks good yet.
Old 04-09-2005
TURTLEonK

Nameless is a jewel in the roughNameless is a jewel in the roughNameless is a jewel in the roughNameless is a jewel in the rough
Well since he either wants the chrome or black, I would say black housed ones because they look more clean to me Oh and as for visibility, The best company to purchase projectors from is TYC I think!
Old 04-09-2005
slave to the freaky ass booty

VTEK2k2 is an unknown quantity at this point
all u people are hating on this guys civic...he didnt ask about the tailights..he asked about the headlights...i have black housing headlights and i love them...go wit black
Old 04-09-2005
Spreading the sicness since: March 2005

-sic*n3s- is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by drew22mader
I just bought the taillights and I love them, why take em out? I like the black alot,
Well I would go with the black headlights preferably halos(really nice and you can get them for like 140 off ebay).
As for the taillights, go back to stock because there really aren't any nice aftermarket taillights. If you don't like your year go with the newer ones. Also if you like the black taillights, blacking them out gives your car a very unique and custom look.
Old 04-16-2005

How do i exactly take the headlights out of my car? I don't have to remove the entire front bumper do i?
Old 04-16-2005
Registered!!

kwAdRnt is an unknown quantity at this point
go with black, it's sexier
Old 04-16-2005
sleekest 7th gen on the right coast

NightRider02 is an unknown quantity at this point
go with the black housing tyc's. do not get any of those halo projectors, they look cheap in my opinion and unless you feel like sealing them yourself you will get all kinds of condensation (the seal job on them is crappy).

also, you should get rid of the altezza tail lights, they are ugly and they are rice. put your stock tails back on

and yes, to install the headlights you have to remove the front bumper, its really not hard at all, pretty much self explainitory

Last edited by NightRider02; 04-16-2005 at 08:47 AM.
Old 04-16-2005
Registered!!

Vantage should not be trusted
u dont have to remove the front bumper, u can just undo the bolts in the fender well, and the bolts ontop of the grill/bumper, then just let it hang. Thats how i did mine and it worked fine.
Old 04-16-2005

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
playa6tnine is an unknown quantity at this point
man i dont know what everyone has against tyc tails. they arent THAT bad. i like them if they are done right. like this guy has the black tyc tails, so he should just black out his OEM headlights. u could put the plack projectors, but u get way better lighting out of the OEM unless u retro the projectors to HID.
Old 04-16-2005
Registered!!

typeRDreamer is an unknown quantity at this point
I say black.....once you go black you dont go back....hahaha
Old 04-16-2005
Registered!!

taino is an unknown quantity at this point
black projector.... they are not too bright..... all you have to do is get aftermarket (brightwhite) h1n and problem solved.....
Old 04-16-2005
JDM - fanatic

edoprasetyo is an unknown quantity at this point
my suggestion is stay with your OEM headlight
Old 04-17-2005
Registered!!

MYK1013 is an unknown quantity at this point
black projectors anyday over chrome ones!!