Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

People with after market Tachs...Please post pics.

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kingkung is an unknown quantity at this point
People with after market Tachs...Please post pics.

I was planning on getting an aftermarket tachometer for my DX so i will know the RPM's. I was wondering if u guys with aftermarket tachs would post pics of your tachs and where all the good mounting places are. i want to see what different places i can mount a tach before i mount it somewhere and regret mounting it there. Thanks for all your posts.
Old 04-07-2005
PWIT
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

CenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond repute
why not just use the tach thats in the car? i think the only reason to get an aftermarket tach is if you go to the track. im not sure if thats what your plans are but wouldnt the stock tach be fine for a DD?
Old 04-08-2005
You boost, I-VTEC

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hawk is a jewel in the roughHawk is a jewel in the roughHawk is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Silver02EX5Spd
why not just use the tach thats in the car? i think the only reason to get an aftermarket tach is if you go to the track. im not sure if thats what your plans are but wouldnt the stock tach be fine for a DD?
he has a DX

DX = no tach
Old 04-08-2005
PWIT

CenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond repute
oh sorry, didnt know... never looked into the DX....
i feel dumb...
Old 04-08-2005
One Slow Civic.... But I can take turns pretty well :-)

Blahman2 should not be trustedBlahman2 should not be trustedBlahman2 should not be trustedBlahman2 should not be trusted
honestly... I have no idea why honda would release a car in a 5-speed with no tach... makes no sense.
Old 04-08-2005
Registered!!

EM2jdm is an unknown quantity at this point
here is a pic for you don't mind the the white thing that is next to the pillar it was paper to help hold up the tach

because one of the mount screws fell off
Old 04-08-2005
You cant spell CRAP without APC

MarylandEcstasy is an unknown quantity at this point
uhh if you dont mind me asking^^
why does ur cabin look smashed in?
Old 04-08-2005
Don't drink and post, you will end up hilarious.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Got Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant future
Old 04-08-2005
I like ruining your threads.

NoFriends is a name known to allNoFriends is a name known to allNoFriends is a name known to allNoFriends is a name known to allNoFriends is a name known to allNoFriends is a name known to allNoFriends is a name known to allNoFriends is a name known to all
Please get something like Boost posted. Those giant tachs are fcking retarded.
Old 04-08-2005
jdmtytedoridori

Al Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Got Boost???
i had that same tach in the same position, it was good, cept it stopped working one day . im now going to get an 01-02 lx/ex cluster and swap that in
Old 04-08-2005
PWIT

it might just be better to put in a 01-02 cluster, this way you dont have anything mounted, and you a stock lookin car... much cleaner that way...
Old 04-16-2005
Registered!!

Kingkung is an unknown quantity at this point
I live in Orange County, California. Does anyone Know of any good places that would have a lot of 01-02 Lx/Ex Tachs in stock for sale?
Old 04-16-2005
I log in from time to time

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
ebay.com
Old 08-16-2005
Registered!!

03CivicEX4Door is an unknown quantity at this point
where should i wire the red 12v ignition wire to my car's ignition, can i pick up an ignition wire or should i use a fuse.
Old 08-16-2005
Registered!!

DaddyFatSacks is an unknown quantity at this point
I have a 01 EX and my friend has a 04 EX, man the 04-05 tach is small, i'll take my big 01 tach anyday, it's the size of the speedo. Theres nothing wrong with a autometer, nice and big and have a shift light, I can't even read the one you guys have.
Old 08-16-2005
Registered!!

any one out their know where i can hook up the 12v ignition wire to the car's ignition.
Old 10-04-2005
An elephant.... with stamps for hands.

thatsmrgimp2u is an unknown quantity at this point
So do you have to run any wires with the 01-02 ex/lx cluster? Or is it just plug and play? I have a 05 dx 5spd. And i agree, they should have a damn tach....
Old 10-04-2005
nor cal 7thgens

allmotor can only hope to improve
dam took both of my car but i had a autometer 5 inch and a ractive 3 inch. Got tired of huge *** tachs especially when u dont need them. If anything just get a shift light with the pills and get the exact redline and go off of that.
Old 10-06-2005
Registered!!

you should have red black whit and green, Red is the power wire it has to be wired into the ignition, Buy a fuse and wire that in also, Get under dash and turn iginiton on with a test light start tuching wires when the test light comes on that means you have a wire the is connected to you're ignition, Now turn ignition off make sure test light goes off if so wire the red wire to the wire you know is good. Black is ground i grounded mine behing the winshield wiper resiviour. White dash lighting power, wired mine to the parking light's. Green tach test wire, This is to pick the rpm signal off the motor, The wire you need is by the battery is a little black bok connect green to that 1 wire and you're all done.
Old 10-06-2005
Touch it... He won't bite, He'll just come at you pretty quick.

Blahman240 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by DaddyFatSacks
I have a 01 EX and my friend has a 04 EX, man the 04-05 tach is small, i'll take my big 01 tach anyday, it's the size of the speedo. Theres nothing wrong with a autometer, nice and big and have a shift light, I can't even read the one you guys have.
what are you talkin about... I have an 04 and its the same size as the speedo...
Old 10-06-2005
omgwtfbbq mod.

spoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to all
aftermarket tachs =

i agree with everyone on the conversion.....but do the 04-05 conversion.....WAY sweeter.
Old 10-06-2005
jdmtytedoridori

Al Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by spoonEM
aftermarket tachs =

i agree with everyone on the conversion.....but do the 04-05 conversion.....WAY sweeter.
my rsx conversion pwns all 04-05 conversions.
Old 10-06-2005
Registered!!

sweeteli99 will become famous soon enoughsweeteli99 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by mandangalo
my rsx conversion pwns all 04-05 conversions.
show pics,

aftermarket tachs =
Old 10-06-2005
K20 Member

ImportRacer2123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Kingkung
I was planning on getting an aftermarket tachometer for my DX so i will know the RPM's. I was wondering if u guys with aftermarket tachs would post pics of your tachs and where all the good mounting places are. i want to see what different places i can mount a tach before i mount it somewhere and regret mounting it there. Thanks for all your posts.

I sell you my Autometer Phantom 5" Tach.... $75 bucks I modded it so the shift light is "cobalt blue"
Old 10-06-2005
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
I wonder why people buy a 5" tach for a civic. chances are you have one built in. chances are you arent fast unless K20 swapped or turboed. even then a shift lite will do the trick cause after a week you should know it by ear.
Old 10-06-2005
Registered!!

sweeteli99 will become famous soon enoughsweeteli99 will become famous soon enough
^ they want to see their rpms twice!
Old 10-06-2005
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
haha but its not like having 400 rpm gagues makes you go faster in the real world... only in rice land to gauges and vinyl make speed