Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Who's cars are going to be displayed at SEMA this year?

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DelSolid is an unknown quantity at this point
Who's cars are going to be displayed at SEMA this year?

Well, the Las Vegas SEMA show is just 6 weeks away. With Honda the official manufacturer, and the Civic the Official Vehicle of the 2005 SEMA Show, How many 7G members rides are going to be featured in booth's or show areas this year?

Last year my car (01 Coupe) was in the AEM booth. This year it will be part of the Official Honda display. I know that there will be about twenty 06 Civic SI's there but American Honda have also gone really *****-out to pack the place with late model Honda/Acura's.

Last edited by DelSolid; 09-26-2005 at 10:47 AM.
Old 09-24-2005
Fiji Club Member

HondaGuy12 is on a distinguished road
Post pics of ur ride..
Old 09-24-2005
You boost, I-VTEC
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hawk is a jewel in the roughHawk is a jewel in the roughHawk is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by DelSolid
Well, the Las Vegas SEMA show is just 6 weeks away. With Honda the official manufacturer, and the Civic the Official Vehicle of the 2005 SEMA Show, How many 7G members rides are going to be featured in booth's or show areas this year?

Last year my car (01 Coupe) was in the AEM booth. This year it will be part of the Official Honda display. I know that there will be about twenty 06 Civic SI's there but American Honda has really went *****-out to pack the place with late model Honda/Acura's.
i read a couple articles on your car, its crazy man, nice work.
Old 09-26-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Hawk
i read a couple articles on your car, its crazy man, nice work.
Thanks, 2 or 3 more articles in HT starting with this December. Going to cover the dry sump, turbo, transmission, dyno testing and the speed runs.
Old 09-26-2005
Registered!!

Isn't anybody displaying thier car at SEMA? c'mon guys!
Old 09-26-2005
There is gl@ss in my @SS...

drew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond repute
Damn i wish i could, any pics of your car DelSolid?
Old 09-26-2005
Creative Mind Extraodinare

Graphicdude will become famous soon enoughGraphicdude will become famous soon enough
I would like to see some pics too!!
Old 09-26-2005
I log in from time to time

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
it's the ugliest, most aerodynamic, fastest civic ever. i say that in the nicest way possible, mirage.
Old 09-26-2005
Registered!!

I would take offense if it were not true... prolly the only 7G in the world that actually needed a rear wing...

Photo is at the 0 mile marker on the Bonneville Salt Flats, looking out at 7 long miles of smooth racing surface.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DelSolid.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	34.2 KB
ID:	60557  

Last edited by DelSolid; 09-26-2005 at 04:55 PM.
Old 09-26-2005
Proud to be a civic owner

es2k2 is an unknown quantity at this point
nice.. looks cool in the snow/ice...
Old 09-26-2005

drew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond repute
So any pics or what?
Old 09-26-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by es2k2
nice.. looks cool in the snow/ice...
Looks are deceiving! It's salt and it was hot as hell, 95+ with no breeze, thats why the window was down, I was dying inside waiting to run.
Old 09-26-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by drew22mader
So any pics or what?
yes, post #9
Old 09-26-2005
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all
yes, post #9
pic is not working.
Old 09-26-2005

Not working for me either.
Old 09-26-2005
I'll flip out and kill people.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
modoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questioned
prolly the only 7G in the world that actually needed a rear wing...
its funny because its true haha
awesome car, btw
Old 09-26-2005
Proud to be a civic owner

es2k2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Looks are deceiving! It's salt and it was hot as hell, 95+ with no breeze, thats why the window was down, I was dying inside waiting to run.
oh yeah.. didn't see it..
you wearing shirt and short...
damn
Old 09-26-2005

DelSolid, what all is done to that car? Thats an awesome picture.
Old 09-26-2005
7thgens official a$$hole

ajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to behold
you car has the b-series swap right?
Old 09-26-2005
Registered!!

XxJDMCivicxX is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by ajhdragon
you car has the b-series swap right?
B16 destroked to 1,499cc (1.5L under category on the salts). I wanna see more HT coverage!
Old 09-26-2005
Registered!!

ojay is on a distinguished road
DelSolid, what all is done to that car? Thats an awesome picture.
search, he used to be "Mirage" on this site...
Old 09-26-2005

Ojay, now how would i know that? How was i supposed to know he was someone else before and knew to search for that? lol
Old 09-26-2005
I log in from time to time

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
Ojay, now how would i know that? How was i supposed to know he was someone else before and knew to search for that? lol
he has it in his signature, duh!
Old 09-26-2005

Didn't even pay any attention to it, nothing stood out about it. Sorry i take back my statement, heh.
Old 09-26-2005
Registered!!

ojay is on a distinguished road
lol, no problem, didn't mean to sound like an ***...

make it a household 7thgen name, DelSolid/Mirage is that one dood with the destroked B16
Old 09-26-2005
jdmtytedoridori

Al Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of light
so, Mirage, do you drive your car on the street?
Old 09-27-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by mandangalo
so, Mirage, do you drive your car on the street?
No. It can never be street legal due to it's title. It has never been officially "Sold" by Honda as a car. My car was the "assembly demonstrator #2". It was the 2nd 7th Gen made in the USA and was made entirely by hand with prototype parts. Virtually all the components on the car were hand marked "AD2". The car is a bastardized LX. Even though it's VIN says it's an LX (VIN # 00000083), it was assembled with lots of EX parts as well (Like the rear sway bar) it even had a "VTEC" coil cover on it even though it's a non vtec engine.

The car was made in the early fall 2000 and after the launch of the platform was loaned to AEM to be used as the basis for a show car. It spent 2 years like that, with it's registered owner still being American Honda. I got the car in 2003 specifically to use as a race car. The title was transferred to me from Honda with the express condition that it could never be registered as a car and the VIN was reported to the DMV as such.

I still carry the American Honda issued plate on the car since the car is complete and could be driven on the street, though it never will. When I am done with the car, I am supposed to strip all my stuff from it and deliver the shell back to Honda so they can crush it.

Near as I can tell, it's the oldest surviving 7th Gen in private hands. All the other cars were pulled back in 2003 for "disposal" and the low vin #'s (like under 0060) were never even built into running cars, being "white body" shells only for fitment checks.

Attached is a picture taken in late 2000, the car was already a car show vetran for AEM.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	LXFront2.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	62.8 KB
ID:	60610  
Old 09-29-2005
For the love of House Music... Defected.com

05_ CivicJDM is a jewel in the rough05_ CivicJDM is a jewel in the rough05_ CivicJDM is a jewel in the rough
Nice ride! Love the salt flat picture.
Old 09-29-2005
Registered!!

paradoxblue will become famous soon enough
that is so kewl. lucky you. i would never give it back haha pioece of history!
Old 09-29-2005
Never Too Wide, Never Too Extreme

InOvAtStyL is on a distinguished road
Nice ride. I might be going to SEMA. I was picked up by Honda last year as a booth car, but an unfortunate accident on the way there kept me from showing up. I actually have a few friends in the Honda booth this year. I'm in talks right now to get picked up between a few different companys. Trying to talk out the specifics.

Quick Reply: Who's cars are going to be displayed at SEMA this year?