Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

01 to 03 cluster conversion problem... =/

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FaZe is an unknown quantity at this point
01 to 03 cluster conversion problem... =/

My aftermarket HU stopped working (did I blow something? I did disconnect the negative of the battery before starting).

The ABS Light is on (I heard this was normal)

I know Viper was supposed to install it for me, but I really wanted to try this DIY... (the Deck is still under warranty... but is it a plug that I got wrong?)
Old 03-18-2005
BIG
Registered!!

BIG is a glorious beacon of lightBIG is a glorious beacon of lightBIG is a glorious beacon of lightBIG is a glorious beacon of lightBIG is a glorious beacon of lightBIG is a glorious beacon of light
I just did a buddies for him....here are some of the problems we ran into, maybe someone knows what we did wrong:
- check engine light stays on (was not on, on old cluster)
- gauges won't turn on unless the car is turned to accessory or on
- gauges won't go back down to the bottom starting position (they are NOT stuck)
Old 03-18-2005
I log in from time to time
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by BIG
I just did a buddies for him....here are some of the problems we ran into, maybe someone knows what we did wrong:
- check engine light stays on (was not on, on old cluster)
- gauges won't turn on unless the car is turned to accessory or on
- gauges won't go back down to the bottom starting position (they are NOT stuck)
-not normal
-normal
-not normal

check engine light you could reset yourself.
the gauges going back to the bottom...well open up the cluster and put them all the way down. then reset your cluster. it should work.

all you canadians with your problems doing this conversion. i dont understand why it doesnt work for you guys
Old 03-18-2005
The Wierdest and Funniest Mofo 7th Gen Has Ever Seen As Voted

_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of
ahh man you should have come to see me dude.....
Old 03-19-2005
BIG
Registered!!

BIG is a glorious beacon of lightBIG is a glorious beacon of lightBIG is a glorious beacon of lightBIG is a glorious beacon of lightBIG is a glorious beacon of lightBIG is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by infinite012
-not normal
-normal
-not normal

check engine light you could reset yourself.
the gauges going back to the bottom...well open up the cluster and put them all the way down. then reset your cluster. it should work.

all you canadians with your problems doing this conversion. i dont understand why it doesnt work for you guys
how do you reset the cluster?

there were extra wires that weren't included in the diy....this was an lx to ex conversion, maybe there is a difference from the vp?
Old 03-19-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by FaZe
My aftermarket HU stopped working (did I blow something? I did disconnect the negative of the battery before starting).

The ABS Light is on (I heard this was normal)

I know Viper was supposed to install it for me, but I really wanted to try this DIY... (the Deck is still under warranty... but is it a plug that I got wrong?)

So can anyone help me? the ABS light is on cuz I don't have ABS (can i turn off that light somehow?

and anyone know what's wrong with my HU?
Old 03-19-2005
ThE CoRRupToR

dru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nice
I did my conversion and the only thing that went wrong was the fuel gauge. Its always reading empty and im gettin a return signal from the return unit so i think it might be the gauges.......
Old 03-23-2005
BIG
Registered!!

same problem!!!!!>........its not your aftermarket headunit bro, your stock one won't work either.....I have no clue what it is
Old 03-23-2005
Registered!!

MIVtec is an unknown quantity at this point
i blew my alternator last year and my ABS light would not turn off, have you been messing with any major wires? i dunno if that helps
Old 03-23-2005
BIG
Registered!!

nothing major
Old 03-23-2005
Registered!!

OK... so I just removed the ABS Led... problem solved...

now.. as for the HEADUNIT

BIG was right.. stock deck won't work either
DECK works in different car...

checked the ACC/RADIO fuse.. fine
I don't think any fuses under the hood affects the radio right?
The wiring for the cluster is perfect... the cluster works great

SO WHAT THE
Old 03-23-2005
BIG
Registered!!

I have the EXACT same problem....tonight I am going to see what happes if I connect the deck to a DIFFERENT power source. If I can get it to work on a seperate power source then I'll just leave it like that. Think about it....all you REALLY need the harness for is if you're using stock speakers. If you're not, then you don't really need the harness to work at all.....

I'm going to try the same with the doorlocks
Old 03-23-2005
TURTLEonK

Nameless is a jewel in the roughNameless is a jewel in the roughNameless is a jewel in the roughNameless is a jewel in the rough
check the fuse labelled "backup" under your hood in the fuse box.. you mightve shorted out a live wire while working/installing ur cluster or something which caused the backup fuse to blow.. this fuse is used for many accessories throughout the car.. good luck!
Old 03-23-2005
Registered!!

i'll give that a try
Old 03-23-2005
BIG
Registered!!

you're the man, nameless....I'm going to check that fuse tonight!
Old 03-23-2005
BIG
Registered!!

faze...if you try it tonight let me know.....BTW: tape up the extra wires before you try it...otherwise you might blow it again
Old 03-23-2005
ThE CoRRupToR

dru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nice
Wow!! This conversion seems kinda scary lol.......
Old 03-24-2005
Registered!!

the scary thing is: How the heck does the HU stop working when ur working on the cluster... =/
Old 03-24-2005
ThE CoRRupToR

lol.....at least ur fuel gauge is working
Old 03-24-2005
I log in from time to time
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
the headunit will stop working if you disconnect the battery....
Old 03-24-2005
TURTLEonK

Nameless is a jewel in the roughNameless is a jewel in the roughNameless is a jewel in the roughNameless is a jewel in the rough
^ LOL I hope he knows that

Any luck ????
Old 03-24-2005
up-up-down-down-left-right-left-right-b-a-b-a-start

R1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of light
Yes we figured it out! Nameless hit the nail on the head!!!
We checked the "Backup" fuse in Big's car lastnight and low and behold it was blown. We replaced it now and the cluster works fine (all the needles reset), the remote power door locks work again, and finally the deck has power and his AVIC-N1 is up and running!!