Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Satellite Radio

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2005
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jayvo2005 is an unknown quantity at this point
Satellite Radio

For anyone that has satellite radio. where would you mount your antenna? i just got a sirius. they say the best place is on the trunk or roof? i really wouldn't want to put the antenna there. what would you do???
Old 03-17-2005
You boost, I-VTEC

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hawk is a jewel in the roughHawk is a jewel in the roughHawk is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by jayvo2005
For anyone that has satellite radio. where would you mount your antenna? i just got a sirius. they say the best place is on the trunk or roof? i really wouldn't want to put the antenna there. what would you do???
i put my antena for my XM right by the back window on the trunk, i just ran the wire under the center console.
Old 03-17-2005
Ms. Moderator

SimplySLB is a name known to allSimplySLB is a name known to allSimplySLB is a name known to allSimplySLB is a name known to allSimplySLB is a name known to allSimplySLB is a name known to allSimplySLB is a name known to allSimplySLB is a name known to allSimplySLB is a name known to all
That's what I did with mine too. It works fine there and it's not too obvious.
Old 03-17-2005
Registered!!

angelswin is on a distinguished road
I just moved mine to right above the back window.I had mine on the trunk and it was cutting out,but i haven't tried it since the car has been at the shop.Kind of off topic but its costing insurance and me 1400 dollars in damage for running over a tire in the road.
Old 03-17-2005
Shinier than yours, meatbag

Hurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud of
I'm planning on getting it too, any pics of the antenna on you car?
Old 03-17-2005
Registered!!

AlpineCivic is just really niceAlpineCivic is just really niceAlpineCivic is just really niceAlpineCivic is just really niceAlpineCivic is just really nice
I mounted my antenna under the rear deck. Not visable at all and it works perfect!
Old 03-17-2005
TAQUITOS!!!!

gh0st is a jewel in the roughgh0st is a jewel in the roughgh0st is a jewel in the roughgh0st is a jewel in the rough
does the antenna look like the shark fin on the new bmws?...those looks cool
Old 03-17-2005

got any pics???
Old 03-17-2005

i don't want mine to look too obvious either
Old 03-17-2005
jdmtytedoridori

Al Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of light
its really not that hard to mount it on the roof. all i did was pull the trim on the windshield off on the passengers side, ran it under there, into the engine bay and through the grommet that goes thru the firewall. then i just tucked the excess wire under the rubber stuff on the roof. it have mine mounted toward the front passengers side on the roof. it works great.
Old 03-17-2005
jdmtytedoridori

Al Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of light
but i have an xm roady2, which has a small antenna, not very noticable. im gonna take it apart and paint it silver to match my car sometime though.
Old 03-17-2005
ThE CoRRupToR

dru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nice
Yea, I mounted mines on the roof by the rear windshield. I got the Myfi and i have no idea where to mount that thing. I thought of every possible spot and cant think of anywhere to mount it!!! stupid vic!!!
Old 03-17-2005
I survived that B*tch Katrina !!!

boombazokajoe91 is an unknown quantity at this point
how is the roady2 ?
Old 03-17-2005

this is the one that i have!!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	BlobServer.gif
Views:	49
Size:	10.4 KB
ID:	49917  
Old 03-17-2005
ThE CoRRupToR

dru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nice
heres a dirty pic of my car wit the antenna on lol......

Old 03-17-2005
Registered!!

CtrlAltDel is an unknown quantity at this point

Bad angle but its dead center on car and between the sunroof and front window ... i may re-locate it but it doesnt look too bad
Old 03-17-2005
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light
I would experiment with putting it inside the car, on the back deck. When my system was in my Corolla it worked perfect back there with only occasional "NO SIGNAL" right now in my Civic I currently have it on the dash ( I was going into withdrawl, needed my XM back) But it needs to be far forward to work well on the dash. The locations surroundings (hills and buildings) will have a great effect on how well it will work.
Old 03-17-2005

Originally Posted by dru106
heres a dirty pic of my car wit the antenna on lol......

i like your setup!!!
Old 03-17-2005
jdmtytedoridori

Originally Posted by boombazokajoe91
how is the roady2 ?
the roady2 is awesome. its the only satellite receiver i think fits in good with the civic interior.
Old 03-18-2005
You boost, I-VTEC

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hawk is a jewel in the roughHawk is a jewel in the roughHawk is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by silver04
the roady2 is awesome. its the only satellite receiver i think fits in good with the civic interior.
yea the roady2 is awsome. I mounted it right where the extra accessory bays are by the cig lighter. I tryed mine inside the trunk, the signal was garbage though so i leave it on the trunk, if i park in a bad neighborhood i just put it inside.

I have the home kit as well as the car, so i never miss O&A
Old 03-18-2005
jdmtytedoridori

Originally Posted by Hawk
yea the roady2 is awsome. I mounted it right where the extra accessory bays are by the cig lighter. I tryed mine inside the trunk, the signal was garbage though so i leave it on the trunk, if i park in a bad neighborhood i just put it inside.

I have the home kit as well as the car, so i never miss O&A
Yeah, o&a is the ****. i put my roady to the right of the recirc/ac/defrost buttons, fits pretty good. i also have the home kit, got it for free.

you should make me a hardcore o&a sig pic or something lol
Old 03-18-2005
Registered!!

EssEss21 is an unknown quantity at this point
just put the antenna on your rear deck, thats what i did, works perfectly
Old 03-18-2005
Registered!!

RITDR is an unknown quantity at this point
I have one of the newer small sirius antennas mounted on the rear deck lid and it works fine. Mine is actually magnetically mounted to the metal deck, under the plastic panel so it is not visible. Only time it has cut out is going under overpasses on the highway.
Old 03-18-2005
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light
^^ under the plastic ? That is great, I may give it a try.
Old 03-18-2005

NoLeadEmSoMuch will become famous soon enoughNoLeadEmSoMuch will become famous soon enough
I went nuts over my XM setup because of O&A, I'm in the car at least an hour a day....got speakers and an HU, and when I'm home I listen on XM Online. O&A fans unite here; silver and hawk, you're PMed.
Old 03-18-2005
Premium Member

tinman is just really nicetinman is just really nicetinman is just really nicetinman is just really nicetinman is just really nice
I put my XM antenna under the third brakelight on the rear deck. Totally invisible. On the coupes there is just enough space to slide it in from inside the trunk. The sedan's a bit harder, but can be done.
Old 03-18-2005
VtecViXen

Originally Posted by jayvo2005
i just got surius to and i was gonna have it installed behind the center dash with the tv tuner and all that....
Old 03-18-2005

behind the center dash??? would it get good reception???
Old 03-18-2005
Registered!!

12sec elcamino is an unknown quantity at this point
I have sirrius and I put the antenna on the trunk lid, the antenna is so small you cant even see it, my car is black too. If I had it to do all over again I would try putting it in the deck lid infront of the 3rd break light infront of the glass in the rear, no one would ever see it and it would never flop around, but its just fine on the trunk. The new antennas are less that 2x2 and less than 1/2 inch thick (for Kenwood)
Old 03-18-2005
Registered!!

12sec elcamino is an unknown quantity at this point
Also, there is not good or bad reception, it either works or it doesent, you may get a little warble now and then but its not like the raido where on rainy days there is static, 99 percent of the time its either on or off, just sucks if your stuck in traffic under an over pass, satalitte raido does not like that!

Quick Reply: Satellite Radio