Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Removing my Lip Kit

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002SilverEx is an unknown quantity at this point
Removing my Lip Kit

Hey guys, I have a 4-door ex silver. In the near future I might end up parting my car out becuase nobody wants to pay for it the way it is. I was wondering if I would be able to remove my lip kit...? Would I have to trade the whole bumper with someone for a stock bumper, or can I just remove my lip kit. Its a razzi kit. I just didn't know what the paint would look like underneather the lip kit. Thanks!
Old 02-15-2005
Still in the game...
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

scatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to behold
just unscrew any screws that may be holding it on and then check for double sided tape.....if theres some there, get a hair dryer and you'll be able to peel the kit off. then heat up the tape and get it off the paint (dont use anything that will scratch it tho)

the apint underneath should be fine....if anything, its been protected so it'll probably look better.
Old 02-15-2005
Registered!!

You don't think the installer would have used any kind of glue or anything of that such to hold the kit on right?
Old 02-15-2005
Still in the game...

scatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to behold
nope, i wouldnt think so. you really wont know tho until you start taking it apart
Old 02-15-2005
Registered!!

Think it would be worth me removing this. By the time I have to pay for the shipping to ship it to the buyer, will I make any money? The kit is in very good shape BTW
Old 02-15-2005
Still in the game...

well.....
how much did it cost you?
how much are you chargin him?
where is it going to be shipped to?
how much will shipping cost?

figure out if it will be worth it.
Old 02-15-2005
I log in from time to time

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
isn't the razzi kit the one where you have to remove a chunk of your bumper in order for it to fit correctly?
Old 02-16-2005
Registered!!

Well I haven't sold it to anyone yet, I am just wondering if it would be worth me selling it, becuase I am thinking of bringing my car back to stock to sell it.
Old 02-16-2005
Still in the game...

dude, answer the questions i wrote to yourself than you will be able to decide if its worth it to sell