Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Possible trade-in?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jojobinx is an unknown quantity at this point
Possible trade-in?

Right now I have an 02 sedan lx. i went last night to check out the 05 coupe SE - verrrry nice! sunroof, special wheels only available on the SE, 6 cd changer, etc. it would cose me like $8 less in payments (to lease, i currently finance) and about $30 more per month for insurance. now i only have 21,800 miles on the sedan - should i trade it in for the coupe and get the OEM kit and rims already on it? or just keep the sedan and put a kit and rims on it?
Old 01-05-2005
I like you! do you like me?

Farage is on a distinguished road
you should definately do it.
Old 01-05-2005
Boredom causes changes ;)
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Karumba has a spectacular aura aboutKarumba has a spectacular aura aboutKarumba has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by jojobinx
Right now I have an 02 sedan lx. i went last night to check out the 05 coupe SE - verrrry nice! sunroof, special wheels only available on the SE, 6 cd changer, etc. it would cose me like $8 less in payments (to lease, i currently finance) and about $30 more per month for insurance. now i only have 21,800 miles on the sedan - should i trade it in for the coupe and get the OEM kit and rims already on it? or just keep the sedan and put a kit and rims on it?
Do you currently have any problems with your civic? That'd be one of the main reasons I'd consider this change if I was in that position. It doesn't sound like you drive all that much so a new car isn't really needed. I believe if you change, you'll continue having car payments for years. In my opinion it is not smart to continue going in life with monthly payments for a car. How soon are your payments going to be over and done with? Are you willing to after this time, still be needing to pay for a leased vechile instead of having one owned already?

Think about the future .. is everything going to go as planned? What happens if you have a child - will you have enough money saved to deal with this occurence and/or other situations (marriage, house, etc etc)?

I'd say nay... but it isn't my life to live. Do whatever you feel is best for you.
Old 01-05-2005
Registered!!

no i dont have problems - just bored and kickin g myself for not getting the coupe in the first place. you're right about the future stuff - i've thought about that too. i'm almost 24 and have no plans of having a kid anytime soon tho. altho i will always have a payment. i only owe another $4K on the sedan - still got anther 2 years. even the guy at the dealership told me if i get the new one and put the kit and rims on and i decided to not keep it, i just all of that work and paid for someone else to have it. still deciding....thanks for the response
Old 01-05-2005
Owned By Slo Rex

Day_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questioned
do it! nothing beats new car smell mmm...
Old 01-05-2005
The Wierdest and Funniest Mofo 7th Gen Has Ever Seen As Voted

_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of
Man get the 05 coupe with kit and all..If you can afford it why not..Just make sure they give you a really good deal on your trade
Old 01-05-2005
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Keep the sedan and put rims and kit on it.
Old 01-05-2005
Nothing works better than a Chris except a Honda.

CivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of light
yeah, 4k is a lot less than what you'll be paying off for a new car.

if you were having problems then you should trade it, but since you just "want" a new car, I'd suggest against trading it in.
Old 01-05-2005
Euro-Spec

tripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nice
keep the sedan. I really don't think I would ever buy a civic again. Not a bad car or anything, but I can't see myself buying same car all over. Boring
Old 01-05-2005
Registered!!

radish127 is an unknown quantity at this point
^^^ agreed

If I were in your position, I would look for a car with more power.
Old 01-05-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by radish127
^^^ agreed

If I were in your position, I would look for a car with more power.
yea that too...i was also looking at the altima. decisions, decisions
Old 01-06-2005
Registered!!

05rallyered should not be trusted
how about the new F150 i was looking at it the other day and it is soooooooo nice,i wish i wouldnt have bought my civic in december and got one of those.
Old 01-06-2005
Registered!!

LoganK is an unknown quantity at this point
i wouldnt do it, because you almost have paid off the car you have now, and that is to own. i personally will never lease a vehicle. i dont see a point to it.
Old 01-06-2005
Sweetest Dude on 7th Gen

xX03EXx will become famous soon enoughxX03EXx will become famous soon enough
^ You never really own your car if you thikn about it, by the time you pay it off, you want to sell it and get another car
Old 01-06-2005
Registered!!

CivicTrip will become famous soon enoughCivicTrip will become famous soon enough
Don't do it, I've made that mistake 2 times already, Pay off the sedan, as another guy here said, don't buy the same car again, I know I got bored with my 04 after 3 months.
Old 01-06-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by xX03EXx
^ You never really own your car if you thikn about it, by the time you pay it off, you want to sell it and get another car
exactly....i liked my car for the first few months then i got bored with it. either way im spending $ - to get the new one or to do stuff to this one.
Old 01-08-2005
I went to prison a boy and came out a man with a sore ass!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
QBoi is a glorious beacon of lightQBoi is a glorious beacon of lightQBoi is a glorious beacon of lightQBoi is a glorious beacon of lightQBoi is a glorious beacon of lightQBoi is a glorious beacon of light
wait another year or two until you pay off your lease then buy an 06 or 07
Old 01-09-2005
Registered!!

BlackSI is an unknown quantity at this point
i would say wait. even if u feel like u gotta get out of it, put it off for about 6 months. by then we will know what the 8th gen civic will really look like and u might wish u had waited cuz it might be nice. never know
Old 01-09-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by BlackSI
i would say wait. even if u feel like u gotta get out of it, put it off for about 6 months. by then we will know what the 8th gen civic will really look like and u might wish u had waited cuz it might be nice. never know

^ good point...i think im just gonna keep the 02 sedan. i only owe like $4K (financed). maybe by the spring i'll get rims at least...we'll see. thanks for the replies everyone.
Old 01-09-2005
Registered!!

mexinaction will become famous soon enoughmexinaction will become famous soon enough
i would say def get it

you always wanted a coupe, this is your chance to get one
Old 01-09-2005
Registered!!

jakejham should not be trustedjakejham should not be trusted
4 doors are awesome
Old 01-09-2005
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Yup. At first I didn't like mine, but once you pimp it a 4dr looks much better imo.
Old 01-09-2005
Registered!!

TemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to all
i say get a scion tc, same price as a ex civic. the SE civic sux, all you get are rims and a mp3 player deck, not really worth the money in my opinion. i love my coupe, but sometimes i wish it had more hp, expecially when your trying to build up speed on the freeway.