Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

opinions on new car color..

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2004
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
XSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really nice
opinions on new car color..

hey guys I'm thinking of repainting my car electron blue (older model Si color) and doing carbon fiber hood/trunk. My car is NHB right now and I'm annoyed with how everything shows up on it. I also considered doing same carbon fiber parts but stayin stock color with a light coat of NHB on the carbon fiber pieces. I dont like how CF stands out on a painted car. Also if I was to paint the car Electron Blue you think it would look good without painting the insides (engine bay, inside doors etc) and leaving them black? obvisouly the cost would be much cheaper. let me know your opinions on this.. thanks
Old 11-27-2004
ThE CoRRupToR

dru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nice
Always paint the engine bay cuz if you dont it will look like u went to a cheap bodyshop and just had em do a whatevers job....imo i would paint everything.
Old 11-27-2004
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah do it right. I don't like cf that much, but I guess it's cool for weight reduction and you can paint over it. Electron blue is a nice color.
Old 11-27-2004
Premium Member

XSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really nice
yeah i see what you guys are talking about but its not like i'll be showing the car. how much extra do you think it would cost to do interior stuff? they shouldnt have to take the engine out to paint the engine bay right? not much to do on the doors..

i'm thinking a lip kit, z3 fenders, cf hood/trunk. i love how cf looks on everything except black.
Old 11-27-2004
That is not an ordinary rabbit tis the most foul cruel beast

WhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of light
5 to 6 grand for a good paint job
Old 11-27-2004
i like shiny cars

BaLisTek has a brilliant futureBaLisTek has a brilliant futureBaLisTek has a brilliant futureBaLisTek has a brilliant futureBaLisTek has a brilliant futureBaLisTek has a brilliant futureBaLisTek has a brilliant futureBaLisTek has a brilliant futureBaLisTek has a brilliant futureBaLisTek has a brilliant futureBaLisTek has a brilliant future
Buy my g5 lip kit

Free shipping just for u
Old 11-27-2004
let the devil out

eye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant future
ooo electron blue .. that color is so dayum clean!!!!!
Old 11-27-2004
awd pwnz j00

import2nr is an unknown quantity at this point
IMO, id just leave it the stock color and do the CF work. I like the way blakc and cf go together; it looks kinda black and then you get up to it and its cf mmmmmm i like it

leave it black
Old 11-27-2004
AR
e-married to daydreamer

AR will become famous soon enough
just about every dark color will display imperfections on your paint if you don't take care it.

that blue color will swirl and show your scuff marks as well, my friend. try polishing and waxing your car's stock paint.
Old 11-27-2004
Registered!!

LoganK is an unknown quantity at this point
i say just keep it NHB, i love mine, and i just got my carbon trunk....all i can say is i love how it looks next to the black, just mean. even my parents think it looks badass.

carbon hood/trunk is good....id get mirrors front lip and maybe side skirts (oem of course) too. but z3 fenders...
Old 11-27-2004
Registered!!

exclusive_vtec will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by dru106
Always paint the engine bay cuz if you dont it will look like u went to a cheap bodyshop and just had em do a whatevers job....imo i would paint everything.
i agree
Old 11-27-2004
Registered!!

hustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the rough
find out some prices for the paint if you want to paint the engine bay and the door hindges.

i was looking into doing custom paint for my civic and i was gonna do some type of blue.... to just paint the the exterior would run me 2k-2500 from a very very reputable body shop that does mix colors of your choice for custom paint. most likely i could afford that for a sweet paint job BUT there is a problem:

this price does NOT include engine bay paint, inside door hindge paint, underbody of the hood and the trunk paint. so basically my car would be blue but when you open the trunk, doors and hood you will be able to see the stock silver paint which will look cheesy.

to get a body shop to paint the engine bay, door hindges and underbody of hood/trunk the price now jumps up to 4k-4500 which i cant afford but this is what a professional paint job that is show quality should be like.

basically find out how much the shop will chargge to paint the engine bay, inside the door hindges and under body of hook/trunk (unless you're gonna go with CF hood/trunk so save money) and see if its worth doing it or not.

personally i would do it right the first time even if its worth spending more $$
Old 11-27-2004

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
playa6tnine is an unknown quantity at this point
man i've never seen a 7th gen in the older Si color. thats gotta look hott