Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Mods For My Car (Old Pics on page 1, Updates on Page 5)

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chris3k2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Oh and happy thanksgiving everybody. Enjoy your turkies.

as long as it doesn't cause any problems except for the emission **** I don't care. But if my engine will possibly result in misread information then I guess i'll have to sell it. Just let me know whether it will mess the car up or just the emissions ****. I appreciate it gearbox.

And everybody totally forgot about my question bout the exhausts systems.

How well does the Hayame work or is it worth it. or should I just go with the Skunk2 one?

Last edited by Chris3k2; 11-25-2004 at 12:57 PM.
Old 11-25-2004
Registered!!

Skunk2ner is an unknown quantity at this point
if you run without a cat you'll gain some extra power. you just need the O2 simulators. it wont mess up the engine at all. it's just fooling the computer into thinking that you still have the cat still on there. because otherwise it will activate the check engine light.
Old 11-25-2004

sw388integra is a jewel in the roughsw388integra is a jewel in the roughsw388integra is a jewel in the roughsw388integra is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Chris3k2
well luckily I live in South Carolina so we don't have an emissions test anymore so i'm good to go.

So the air/fuel ratio thing is correct and it could possibly mess up my car?
whereabouts in south carolina?...i live in aiken, close to columbia...
Old 11-25-2004

sw388integra is a jewel in the roughsw388integra is a jewel in the roughsw388integra is a jewel in the roughsw388integra is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Chris3k2
Oh and happy thanksgiving everybody. Enjoy your turkies.

as long as it doesn't cause any problems except for the emission **** I don't care. But if my engine will possibly result in misread information then I guess i'll have to sell it. Just let me know whether it will mess the car up or just the emissions ****. I appreciate it gearbox.

And everybody totally forgot about my question bout the exhausts systems.

How well does the Hayame work or is it worth it. or should I just go with the Skunk2 one?
catbacks are really a waste for our cars....you can get my hks rear section...~shameless plug~
Old 11-25-2004
Registered!!

AFTA_MIDNIGHT is an unknown quantity at this point
so the aem crank pulley is ok to use?....... and unorthodox bad because it doesnt have the damper ?
Old 11-25-2004
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah. The air/fuel ratio is calculated from the first O2 sensor. The second one that you take off with the header is only there to tell the ecu whether the cat is working right. Had no bearing on fuel calculations. After getting a few mods put on, I would opt for a vafcII/safcII to tune the a/f to the ideal 14.7:1 ratio on a dyno ofcourse.
Old 11-25-2004
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
AEM does not make a crank pulley because they realize it is bad for the engine.
Old 11-25-2004
Registered!!

ok i'm probably dumb for askin u this gearbox. But what are u sayin yeah to? That it won't effect my engine or are you sayin yeah it will affect my engine it is better to leave it off? sorry for being so dumb. lol
Old 11-25-2004
Registered!!

oh in a live in columbia basically, maybe we can ride out sometime
Old 11-25-2004
Premium Member

Oh I was sayin skunk2 gives the most hp for an exhaust. And yeah, the header won't affect the engine.
Old 11-25-2004
Registered!!

yeah now that's what's up, you've made my day now. if there's anyway i can help u just name it, i'll try to see what i can do for ya.
Old 11-25-2004
Registered!!

xtreme26 has a spectacular aura aboutxtreme26 has a spectacular aura aboutxtreme26 has a spectacular aura about
y not get the Apexi N1 exhaust?
Old 11-25-2004
Premium Member

Oh but I have to warn you. Everyone says skunk2 is LOUD. I've heard thermal is also supposed to give good gains and doesn't get too noisy. DC is another quiet one but no real gains.
Old 11-25-2004
Registered!!

jakejham should not be trustedjakejham should not be trusted
I saw a green 4 door the other day. it was cleen like it had just been waxed or something. just keep it clean it it is fine. i like the stock green color now after seeing that one car. but you should def go for the drop.
drop=hot, imo
Old 11-25-2004
Registered!!

yeah i'll definately get it dropped, i'll have to see how the car looks with the body kit first after I get it on. Then i'll drop. skunk2 has a silencer though right, so I could just put that on if i get stopped or something for it, for some reason I like havin people hear me, even though I aint got much ****.

oh and what other mods should I be lookin towards besides engine swap, turbo, or nos that can add horsepower? What about a bigger throttle how much would that help??
Old 11-25-2004
Premium Member

Bigger throttle body is no good. I've tried it and you lose alot of low end and the car boggs down easily. I picked up that hyper voltage system by sun automotive and noticed better throttle response and smoother auto shifting. Jet coat the header (even stock would help), intake, exhaust, maybe aem pullies but they won't do much.
Old 11-26-2004
Registered!!

alright I need some help with suspension now. I wanted to get the skunk2 coilovers w/ tokico blues but I was readin some posts about them and everybody is pretty much sayin that it's not a good combination. I like to do a little street racing nothing real heavy just every once in a while so i'm not sure if i would need anything adjustable since I don't do any real serious racing.

I am also not sure how much I want to drop since i'm not sure how much a 1.5 inch drop would look. more than anything I just want my hear to be dropped and set even w/ the front. Can anybody offer any help on a good set up besides a full coilover system.

How would Ground Controls w/ koni's work or either w/ tokicos??

any links to pictures of where I can see some decent drops would be greatly appreciated. I don't wanna slam my car down just low enough to make it look nice or sporty, some **** like that. I also plan on gettin 17" rims and tires.

Last edited by Chris3k2; 11-26-2004 at 09:14 AM.
Old 11-26-2004
Premium Member

There won't be a good setup without getting full coils. Tein basic, Tein superstreet, B+G, and a few others are really nice. The tokiko spring combo just isn't gonna do it. In the suspension furum there's a sticky thread about drop pics.
Old 11-27-2004
Registered!!

jakejham should not be trustedjakejham should not be trusted
yea i just got the tein s tech. the cheap ones. 1.5 all over. it looks like a normal car now. not too high, not too low. i wish i would have gotten lower now, but i guess im just ricey that way. oh yea, my uncle has some konis and they kick ***. my advice is to go for a 1.75 or 2 in drop. i think it would look better. people (that aren't familiar with the 7th gen) can't really tell its even dropped with 1.5
Old 12-03-2004
Registered!!

what about the d-specs? anybody have much information on them. I called tokico and they said that the maximize drop u can have that is still under warranty is 1.3 or something like that. somebody correct me if i'm wrong. i'm gettin a body kit and i know that will put some of it lower and some 17 inch wheels, so I guess that will re-raise it. what's a good height to drop it to? it's not really bumpy where I live but don't wanna slam to the ground. just enough where u know it's dropped and isn't gonna scrap much. any advice would be awesome.
Old 12-04-2004
Premium Member

I just got an eibach prokit (1inch drop) and plan to just ride on stock dampers. They're not going on til next year and I need a camber kit too.
Old 12-06-2004
Registered!!

aight, i'm either deciding on the tokico d-specs or b&g s3 coilovers.

dspecs = 539 shipped
B&G = havn't checced yet

I know dspecs can be lowered to 1.3 inches and still be covered by the warranty, but does anybody know if they allow a larger drop?
b&g can be lowered to a max of 3 inches. does b&g give a warranty for that low a drop?
but i don't have my wheels or body kit yet so I'm not sure how much they would change things. I still want to get a full coilver system right now though so I guess I can raise it when I get the bodykit and wheels (17 inch wheels). how much does a body kit usually raise/lower a car and how much would 17's raise/lower the car?? any info would be a great help.
Old 12-06-2004
Premium Member

I have the oem kit and I think it lowered about 1/2 inch.
Old 12-06-2004
I Sell Magazines!!!

AzNDrivn is an unknown quantity at this point
what about greddy evo2? does it give good gain? sound good?
Old 12-06-2004
Premium Member

greddy is one of the better exhausts to get and the v2 is all stainless. Thermal is also very nice.
Old 12-07-2004
just a troll who likes to laugh at YOU.

varmin will become famous soon enough
changing wheel size doesn't have to change ride height. i think tirerack has a good thingy for this (http://www.tirerack.com/suspension/t...ing_civic.html). anyway, you can keep the same tire diameter with different wheel sizes. for the math go to http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tiretech/general/size.jsp, here's mine:

stock: 185/65-15 24.47" total height
215/45-17 24.62" total height
205/40-17 23.46" total height

i say total height because only half of that affects ground/fender clearance. so to go to 17's could raise your car 0.075" which isn't much (!!). or it could lower it...

/done rambling.
Old 12-12-2004
Registered!!

ok i've knocked it down to either the

b&g s3 coilovers or the tein basic coilovers.

Which would one would ya'll pick?? need as much feedback as possible
Old 12-12-2004
Premium Member

Someone I know has basic and says it's got a great ride. Went pretty low too.
Old 03-22-2005
Registered!!

finally some updates... Pics on first page
Old 04-12-2005
Registered!!

Pics of the rims I got now on page 1

Quick Reply: Mods For My Car (Old Pics on page 1, Updates on Page 5)