Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Member's Rides (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides)
-   -   Mods For My Car (Old Pics on page 1, Updates on Page 5) (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides/184780-mods-my-car-old-pics-page-1-updates-page-5-a.html)

Chris3k2 11-24-2004 10:09 AM

Mods For My Car (Old Pics on page 1, Updates on Page 5)

6 Attachment(s)
Hi guys, I'm new here and would really appreciate your help.

I have a 2001 Honda Civic LX (bummer it's an lx huh)

The mods that I have for it currently are:

1. AEM Cold Air Intake
2. Ractive muffler (Full Titanium Cat-Back exhaust coming soon)
3. HP Racing Header w/ High Flow Cat (waiting for exhaust before I put it on)
4. Unorthodox Racing Pulley Kit (the one w/ all 3 pulleys) (No longer have)

Exterior mods:

1. TYC Black Housing Projector Lights
2. TYC Black Housing Taillights
3. Full Urethane Opium/R34 Body Kit (No longer have, back to stock)
4. Kaminari Fiberglass Wing (new)
5. 17" Devino Road Concepts 601(Nub) Machined Silver wrapped in 205/40/ZR17
6. GT Factory Diablo Doors

Interior mods:

1. Audiovox DVD Player (new)
2. 2 Audiovox 5.6 inch screens (new)

Soon to come:

1. Darker Tint
2. Security System w/ Keyless entry
3. Full Titanium Cat-back Exhaust System (should have in about 2-3 weeks)
4. TSI, Dezod, or Custom made turbo kit
5. Neuspeed Front Strut Bar
6. AEM Pulley Set
7. Viscious Technologies Short Shifter
8. B&G S3 Coilovers (whenever they get back in stock)

Ok everybody enjoy the updates and new pics. It's been a long time but I finally got a digital camera about 3 days ago. So be expected to see a lot more pictures of my car now =). I'm super excited. :giggle: :giggle:

Old:

http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/at...id=50338&stc=1

http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/at...id=50339&stc=1

New:

http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/at...id=50340&stc=1

http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/at...id=50341&stc=1

http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/at...id=50342&stc=1

Here are the rims just a picture of them. I'm too lazy to take a picture of them on my car right now, i'll take one at work this afternoon or something.
http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/at...id=51699&stc=1

es2 11-24-2004 10:16 AM

more mods than me

pics

nikoscivicex 11-24-2004 11:14 AM

yeah, need pics!

es2 11-24-2004 11:17 AM

paint job looks like the stock green color

better pic from the front :_please: please

2K1Civic17"Gabe 11-24-2004 11:34 AM

I believe you should take off your pulley. It will cause damage on your engine. There is a post around here somewhere, Ill see if I can find it. Sounds good otherwise, just dont put a big a** wing on your car, and it will look clean. Welcome to the site.

wrussi 11-24-2004 11:49 AM

i'd say get rid of the rear altezzas but if thats ur style ... is ur car anyways
i like it i dont see many green civics arround that much keep it up!

es2 11-24-2004 12:04 PM

guy at my school has green 2 door like that except with out the altezzas, and he has supspension mods

varmin 11-24-2004 12:07 PM

how about wheels/tires and suspension? it'll cost ya, but it's worth it.

gearbox 11-24-2004 12:34 PM

For sure put the stock crank pulley if you don't want engine damage, and take off the tezzas. Out of the new mods, paint job, wing, or seats will be good. I prolly would get the seats or wing tho. Paint is fine already. And don't lower with springs/shocks. Just get a full coilover like Tein.

Chris3k2 11-24-2004 01:51 PM

Well k2001civicboy, the new paint job is gonna be a future mod. I didn't mean I actually had it done already. So I should just leave my stock crank pulley on so it doesn't mess up my engine. What kind of damage would I get from putting the aftermarket one on?

well i don't know why the pictures ain't showing up but I have a link.

Chris' Car Pictures

Mr.Modify 11-24-2004 02:00 PM

don't see to many of those green ones.....

zachgeyer 11-24-2004 02:16 PM

alright

exclusive_vtec 11-24-2004 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by gearbox
For sure put the stock crank pulley if you don't want engine damage, and take off the tezzas. Out of the new mods, paint job,OEM wing, or seats will be good. I prolly would get the seats or wing tho. Paint is fine already. And don't lower with springs/shocks. Just get a full coilover like Tein.

^^^i agree

pnoyster2k1cvic 11-24-2004 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by 2K1Civic17"Gabe
I believe you should take off your pulley. It will cause damage on your engine. There is a post around here somewhere, Ill see if I can find it. Sounds good otherwise, just dont put a big a** wing on your car, and it will look clean. Welcome to the site.

i had my Unorthodox Ultra SS pulley kit for over 10K miles now and with no problem! they are the same exact sizes with the OEM but just lighter, i put them side by side and compared, and they're 99.99% identical, so I can't see why it would cause engine damage... because rotation are the same with OEM but just less enertia to turn...

if you're talkin about AEM or other products that are smaller and or bigger than the OEM then yes most diffinately will cause engine damage to it... and also the driving habit adds to to it too...

and as far as engine mods, i suggest save your money and dump it on turbo kit! that's the only way our cars can get some whp to excel out on the streets

or go with show car--keep car clean, body kit, ice etc. etc...

gearbox 11-24-2004 02:44 PM

Incorrect :) AEM pullies don't cause damage. Does your crank pulley have a rubber damper in the middle like stock does? no.

pnoyster2k1cvic 11-24-2004 02:48 PM

Incorrect :) AEM pullies don't cause damage. Does your crank pulley have a rubber damper in the middle like stock does? no.

if it doesn't then I'll stand corrected! I've read a couple of engine break down claiming to be the pullies that cause it and they had AEM, but I can't find the thread... oh well :shrug:

P.S. you don't work and or sponsored by AEM are you? :D :susp: :susp: :susp:

2K1Civic17"Gabe 11-24-2004 04:02 PM

What I was gonna say, Listen to Gearbox, he knows what hes talkin about.

2K1Civic17"Gabe 11-24-2004 04:04 PM

AEM has accessory pullies so they underpower your PS, and A/C. But no crank pulley. They wont make one because they all cause damage without the damper

eddiechaps 11-24-2004 04:04 PM

how does the ractive muffler sound? does it sound like a can of bees?

gearbox 11-24-2004 04:32 PM

Haha. Hmm I think so. That's one of the worst companies like apc. I doubt they put alot of thought into it.

sw388integra 11-24-2004 05:42 PM

for the love of gawd!!!, don't put "mugen" seats in your car! for honda's sake.....if you're talking bout the ones on ebay, then go ahead and get them.....

Chris3k2 11-24-2004 07:28 PM

LOL, yeah it's not what I thought it was gonna be, but when I got it I was foolish and eager and ended fuccin myself up but I'm start to stray bacc on the right tracc. I know a whole lot more that's for sure.

Ok Gabe when you were talking bout the damper, what is that and is that something that will keep the crank underdrive pulley from messing my engine up. i would really like to put it on there but if there is not a way to put it on and keep it from messing up the engine then i'll just go with what gearbox says.

Loving all the feedback keep it coming =)

SpeedFreak 11-24-2004 11:31 PM

Please return your taillights to stock please! Have fun tunin your car i kno i Do.

es2 11-24-2004 11:32 PM

^^^ agreed :tup:

import2nr 11-25-2004 12:42 AM

i like the kaminari wing :)

get the CF blade if u get it tho

stl01civic 11-25-2004 01:14 AM

Had AEM pullies installed about 2years & ?months already, no problem at all.
go w/ Kaminari Wing w/ CF blade.

allmotor 11-25-2004 01:24 AM

get a k20a2 swap

Chris3k2 11-25-2004 06:31 AM

I wish I could get a k20a2 swap done that would be bad as fucc. Thanks though guys I am now goin to replace the unorthodox pullies for the AEM ones. and I have a question if anybody can answer it.

I haven't installed the HP header yet because all the places like meinike and muffler works etc. say they will get in trouble if they put it in my car because it removes the cat. The little instructions that came with it said it is for offroad or race use only. I've gotten about 4 opinions from different places. Meineke says it will be alright for street use they just can't put it on. one private owned shop says that when u hook up the wires to come the o2 sensor light from coming on in your car it could make your other sensors mess up and it might make my air/fuel ratio either rich or lean. another says that it won't be any problem and is perfectly alright for daily use.
CAN SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP ME OUT ON THIS. (it's the header w/ high flow cat for the lx body)

gearbox 11-25-2004 08:56 AM

Ya it's true. The cat for the lx is built into the stock header and pipe. They have O2 simulator to make the engine light go away, but I don't think you can pass smog with that setup.

Chris3k2 11-25-2004 12:46 PM

well luckily I live in South Carolina so we don't have an emissions test anymore so i'm good to go.

So the air/fuel ratio thing is correct and it could possibly mess up my car?