Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

i am getting a supra!

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2004
"mmmBAHHHH" - vtec y0

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond repute
i am getting a supra!

my girlfriends dad said hed give me his 85 supra. all i have to do is pay the taxes on it. it needs a lil bit of work an oil change and perhaps some intake work idk all i know is im getting it for damn near free. he had the motor rebuilt and it only has about 2k miles on it so yeah woohoo a supra! oh and cocky its near you in belfry ky so maybe youd wanna give me a hand with it if ya get a chance
Old 11-16-2004
es2
bubble party!!!

es2 can only hope to improve
is it a turbo
Old 11-16-2004
"mmmBAHHHH" - vtec y0

mugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond repute
no its non turbo its the 1jz engine i believe it is twin cam
Old 11-16-2004
My penis is just like all my posts, very very short
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

zachgeyer has a spectacular aura aboutzachgeyer has a spectacular aura about
thats sweet
Old 11-16-2004
Registered!!

steak84ss will become famous soon enoughsteak84ss will become famous soon enough
Oh wait, isnt't that body style the first one before the 87.5 year model? 87 up used the 7M-GE engine I believe.
Old 11-16-2004
"mmmBAHHHH" - vtec y0

its also got posi trac on it =) i cant wait till i get it im so excited. does anybody know any good tracks i can take it to so i can learn how to drift? somewhere in kentucky or ohio maybe ill call jodster he might know
Old 11-16-2004
Registered!!

PacSmalls is an unknown quantity at this point
congrats !
Old 11-16-2004
Registered!!

chrisleecool has a spectacular aura aboutchrisleecool has a spectacular aura about
NEHOW IT IS A SUPRA!!! congrats!!
Old 11-16-2004
w00t

acurastype01 is an unknown quantity at this point
lol non turbos are slow and turbos are slow...well slow not compared to the civic..but i love the mk3's..my best frind has a 2jzge supra (mkiv)...theyre awesome... join www.supraforums.com
Old 11-16-2004
Sweetest Dude on 7th Gen

xX03EXx will become famous soon enoughxX03EXx will become famous soon enough
Yeah, if you want it to behave like you think a supra should, it is going to take some $$
Old 11-16-2004
"mmmBAHHHH" - vtec y0

Originally Posted by xX03EXx
Yeah, if you want it to behave like you think a supra should, it is going to take some $$
yeah it doesnt matter its still a supra i was looking at spending around 1k on a beater car but im getting this for damn near free, so ill take the money i was gonna spend and put it into the motor. who makes a turbo kit for this car? anyone? or maybe itll be a custom job
Old 11-16-2004
Registered!!

gotarheels03 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by mugenman
no its non turbo its the 1jz engine i believe it is twin cam
Nope. the 1JZ is the 2.5L found in the IS300. Non-Turbo 85 would have a 7M-GE. An 85 is an MKII IIRC, and the MKIII started in 1986.5. I suggest you join www.supraforums and read the MKII section. I don't know much about the MKII's just MKIII"s and MKIV's. however, if the MKII 7M's share the same BHG problems that the MKIII's do, then have fun fixing that thing when it breaks....... and it WILL break.
Old 11-16-2004
Registered!!

yeah it doesnt matter its still a supra i was looking at spending around 1k on a beater car but im getting this for damn near free, so ill take the money i was gonna spend and put it into the motor. who makes a turbo kit for this car? anyone? or maybe itll be a custom job
probably be easier to swap in a 7M-GTE from a turbo MKIII.
or if you really want to be different (and have a kickass engine that shares the same block as the 2JZ-GTE in the MKIV) then maybe swap in a 1JZ-GE and turbo it.

oh, and inspect the car thoroughly for rust, including the undercarriage. one guy bought an MKIII, didnt do that and he has some of the worst rust ive ever seen. his frame and subframe were so rusted the previous owner had tried welding it back together where it cracked
Old 11-16-2004
"mmmBAHHHH" - vtec y0

ok will do thanks
Old 11-16-2004
Registered!!

EM2Civic is an unknown quantity at this point
Man! 7MGE or 7MGTE sucks!!trust me, better bring some coolant with you all the time, you never know when u will have bad head gasket.
I had a 91 Toyota Cressida with 7MGE engine, have BHG a few times. Then I swap a 7MGTE into it and still have the problem and I sold the car!

But it was a fun car, enjoy!!
Old 11-16-2004
Registered!!

yup, 7M's have major BHG issues. is this car going to be a Daily Driver? If so, you'd better pick up another car quickly.
Old 11-16-2004
Registered!!

joe6680 will become famous soon enoughjoe6680 will become famous soon enough
Have him sell you the car for $1.00. You'll owe like .06 in taxes.
Old 11-17-2004
"mmmBAHHHH" - vtec y0

its gonna be a track car mainly the civic is gonna be the daily driver yeah thats what my friend said about the taxes thing
Old 11-17-2004
Registered!!

kasimmmmm has a spectacular aura aboutkasimmmmm has a spectacular aura aboutkasimmmmm has a spectacular aura about
maybe someday it can look like this...

Last edited by kasimmmmm; 11-17-2004 at 09:57 AM.
Old 11-17-2004
Banned

acjones20 is an unknown quantity at this point
its gonna be a track car mainly the civic is gonna be the daily driver yeah thats what my friend said about the taxes thing
your civic can probably beat it around a track. An 85 Supra is about as close to a MkIV supra as a 76 280sx is to a 350z
Old 11-17-2004
I need TP for my bunghole

PunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud of
Here is a place with two kits:

http://www.andysautosport.com/bodykits.php?id=To82Supra
Old 11-17-2004
Registered!!

kasimmmmm has a spectacular aura aboutkasimmmmm has a spectacular aura aboutkasimmmmm has a spectacular aura about
^^nice... but ppl on www.supraforums.com have some amazing kits on their MKIIs. Wonder where they get those from.
Old 11-17-2004
I need TP for my bunghole

PunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud of
post up some pics