General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

your opinion about this supra

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
01civicboi is an unknown quantity at this point
you opinion about this supra

is it just me, or the does the rear bumper in the third pic look fishy

rest of pics
my friend might buy it but he's worried that it's been hit, even though it says that it has not
Old 06-09-2002
LJ
Fernando The Donkey Lover

LJ is an unknown quantity at this point
well, if you notice, the car gets lighter as you go back, but after lookin at more pics, ya, sonmethin does kinda seem off, but go look at it in person, then yuo will know for sure
Old 06-09-2002
Registered!!

lordryan is an unknown quantity at this point
DAM! thats a hell of a car, please go for it! The only thing that sucks is that its not a stick, but what ever, that twin turbo s HUGE!
Old 06-09-2002
Registered!!

FroggerDude is an unknown quantity at this point
that back bumper does look differnt to me..
but its a sweet car
Old 06-09-2002
Registered!!

BlackSI is an unknown quantity at this point
I'll take it!
Old 06-09-2002
Registered!!

2k2civicballer is an unknown quantity at this point
id buy it and paint it orange....any supras a good supra
Old 06-09-2002
Registered!!

NeoMagus is an unknown quantity at this point
i saw that supra on ebay b4
Old 06-09-2002
Registered!!

SatinSilver2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point
wow..
like he never drove it hard!
Old 06-09-2002
Registered!!

01civicboi is an unknown quantity at this point
check out the car he recently sold
Old 06-09-2002
Registered!!

Silver2k1Dood is an unknown quantity at this point
I don't know about your friend, but as for me, I would steer clear of it. First and foremost, it is an automatic, second, the rear has certainly been repainted and the paint was not matched correctly to the rest of the car...maybe it really hasn't been wrecked but who knows?

For me the only BIG nono is the auto tranny...with this level of power, I must have a manual to make the most of it. Otherwise, the car is nice--love the wheels.
Old 06-09-2002
Registered!!

ricerocket is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]The only thing that sucks is that its not a stick, but what ever,[hr]
ummm...maybe u dun no but auto supra's are faster than 6 speeds....its been proven...
Old 06-10-2002
LJ

[hr]Originally posted by: Silver2k1Dood
I don't know about your friend, but as for me, I would steer clear of it. First and foremost, it is an automatic, second, the rear has certainly been repainted and the paint was not matched correctly to the rest of the car...maybe it really hasn't been wrecked but who knows?

For me the only BIG nono is the auto tranny...with this level of power, I must have a manual to make the most of it. Otherwise, the car is nice--love the wheels.[hr]
*sigh* when will people stop being ricers and realize that the manual tranny does not make or break a car. Do you not think that on this magnatude of car, that the automatic would be equal or even superior to the manual tranny? The 6-spd is the most common because, yes, i admit, it is more fun, but why do you think most drag cars are auto's, a lot of really powerful american cars are autos. An auto tranny is smarter than the human when it comes to shifting, the auto is always gonna shift faster, harder, smoother, and more effectively than a human.

Well then, you may ask yourself, well, why is a 5-spd civic faster than a auto, it must be becuse the auto is a slushbox that robs the engine of power, WRONG !!!
The 5-spd is faster becase it is, well that, a 5 spd, 4 speeds, one overdrive
an auto is a 4-spd, 3 speeds one overdrive, therefore, different gearing,

ok, enough ranting

Old 06-10-2002
Registered!!

NeoMagus is an unknown quantity at this point
lol yea...auto supras were faster....yall need to get the idea out of your heads that only a stick can be fast...
Old 06-10-2002
Registered!!

JSH2001 is an unknown quantity at this point
It looks to me like that bumper doesnt belong there or something. It is a different color and just doesn;t really fit right.
Old 06-10-2002
LJ

have i shown them the light neo? ppl do need to get over the "only a stick is fast" mentality. I almost bought a eclipse GS-T auto before i got the civic, and I thougt my friends were gonna shoot me. bu i was thinkin, 14 lbs of boost and an auto, how could it get any better!? lol
Old 06-10-2002
Registered!!

jsut for the record i mentioned it that auto Supra's are fater than mani...[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]

[hr]The 5-spd is faster becase it is, well that, a 5 spd, 4 speeds, one overdrive[hr]
actually autos are faster than the manuals, in the 1/4 and on the road, they are geared higher becuase its a 4 speed auto vs a 6 speed mani......A computer controlled clutch and perfect rev-match and engage the clutch in under a half a second. So yeah, autos are faster... An auto will be faster in the 1320...But as for the highway...You'd get walked by the 6-speed. 6-speeds are monsters on the highway.

Old 06-10-2002
Registered!!

DxMaN is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: NeoMagus
lol yea...auto supras were faster....yall need to get the idea out of your heads that only a stick can be fast...[hr]
Yeah, uh, actually no. C&D tested an auto SUpra TT and a manual TT in March and August of 97 respectivly. Guess who won...the manual. 13.7/5.3 for auto, and 13.6/5.0 for the manual. I know it's not a huge difference, but 1/10 at 100 MPH is about a car length or two...and 'winning's winning' right? I agree that the big muscle cars and such were auto's because they had the power to spare, but they were also race tuned automatic transmissions that would be undriveable for normal use. I don't think there is a single PRODUCTION automatic transmission car that is faster than its stick couterpart. Skill of the driver comes into play, but the powerloss and fewer gears make a big difference.
Old 06-10-2002
Registered!!

moose87 is an unknown quantity at this point
if it's an auto that just kills it for me. it's still a beautiful car tho!
Old 06-10-2002
Registered!!

n00dleboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Auto or not, that thing will kill most street cars. As for the back, who cares??? Just repaint it. It's only a bumper.
Old 06-10-2002
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

03Eclipse should not be trusted03Eclipse should not be trusted03Eclipse should not be trusted
get the VIn number and do a history check to see if it has ever been written off or involved in an accident - theres a web site for each province ans state where you pay like 2 bucks and you can find out ......we use it for work all the time
Old 06-10-2002
LJ

[hr]Originally posted by: ricerocket
jsut for the record i mentioned it that auto Supra's are fater than mani...[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]

[hr]The 5-spd is faster becase it is, well that, a 5 spd, 4 speeds, one overdrive[hr]
actually autos are faster than the manuals, in the 1/4 and on the road, they are geared higher becuase its a 4 speed auto vs a 6 speed mani......A computer controlled clutch and perfect rev-match and engage the clutch in under a half a second. So yeah, autos are faster... An auto will be faster in the 1320...But as for the highway...You'd get walked by the 6-speed. 6-speeds are monsters on the highway.[hr]

I was actually referring to our civics, that is the reason the 5 spd is faster, because you run outta rev's in 3 gears [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]
Old 06-10-2002
sometimes i pee when i laugh

sivikchik is a splendid one to beholdsivikchik is a splendid one to beholdsivikchik is a splendid one to beholdsivikchik is a splendid one to beholdsivikchik is a splendid one to beholdsivikchik is a splendid one to beholdsivikchik is a splendid one to beholdsivikchik is a splendid one to beholdsivikchik is a splendid one to beholdsivikchik is a splendid one to behold
helloooooooooooooooooooo its a supra... did we 4get that????
Old 06-10-2002
Registered!!

here's the biggest reason a auto in a supra is better, they build up boost better for some reason, don't ask me why, but they do, it's a fact, i've seen in person and in tons of drag videos of auto's supras just walking the 6spd's,The only reason that a majority of the faster Supras have automatics is because you can make a LOT more boost at the line. If that wasn't possible, they'd all have 6-speeds.
Also, I'm almost positive that those 10 second and faster Supras have aftermarket automatic trannies - if not, a completely different type (like Dave B's Talon).

Automatic's help reduce wheelspin. It's a lot easier to step on one pedal and/or back off of it if you get wheelspin, than it is to feather the clutch while modulating the throttle at the same time. When the latest (and last) Firebirds/Camaro's came out, Car and Driver (I think) reported lower 1/4 mile ET's with an auto vs. a manual tranny.

when it comes to it..6 speed is more fun to drive but anyways...its still a SUPRA....

Old 06-10-2002
End Bringer

Voiceofid is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: DxMaN
[hr]Originally posted by: NeoMagus
lol yea...auto supras were faster....yall need to get the idea out of your heads that only a stick can be fast...[hr]
Yeah, uh, actually no. C&D tested an auto SUpra TT and a manual TT in March and August of 97 respectivly. Guess who won...the manual. 13.7/5.3 for auto, and 13.6/5.0 for the manual. I know it's not a huge difference, but 1/10 at 100 MPH is about a car length or two...and 'winning's winning' right? I agree that the big muscle cars and such were auto's because they had the power to spare, but they were also race tuned automatic transmissions that would be undriveable for normal use. I don't think there is a single PRODUCTION automatic transmission car that is faster than its stick couterpart. Skill of the driver comes into play, but the powerloss and fewer gears make a big difference.[hr]
but they probably have professional drivers to get that speed out of the supra, the auto on the otherhand, don't need as much experience

Old 06-10-2002
Registered!!

PerfectD3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Hrmmm Ok. First it is an auto, big deal. It's a gorsh darn Supra for crying out loud!!!! Second, look at the front bumber and then the rear bumber. Wow, they are both the same off shade as the rest of the car. Wonder why that is? Look at your Civics, especially the lighter colored ones like silver, notice that the same thing is on them? Different materials being painted on, ie. Urethane vs. sheetmetal. Sheetmetal will make the paint over it look slightly darker. No biggie. My 2 cents.
Old 06-10-2002
Registered!!

i just looked at the other pics...i see he has a hks air filter..those are fuggin expenisive..poor folks like me just use k&N
Old 06-10-2002
Registered!!

pinkytoe is an unknown quantity at this point
its ALL about engine braking-
Old 06-10-2002
Support your local 81

bhaz413 is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: 01civicboi
is it just me, or the does the rear bumper in the third pic look fishy

rest of pics
my friend might buy it but he's worried that it's been hit, even though it says that it has not[hr]
Looks like it should be mine [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG] other then that, it looks ok from mypoint of view.
Old 06-10-2002
Registered!!

civicpimpin01 is an unknown quantity at this point
One word for your friend- "DON'T" That car had something done to it because I know that did not come out of the dealership with the rear bumper painted lighter than the rest of the car.
Old 06-10-2002

03Eclipse should not be trusted03Eclipse should not be trusted03Eclipse should not be trusted
dude, i would buy that car if it had a green bumper.......you can have it painted - the fact that the bumper is slightly off doesn't mean it was wrecked......and it really doesn't have any bearing on the engine and performance......do a proper check to find out

Quick Reply: your opinion about this supra