Hooray, my 04 already banged up.... - Honda Civic Forum

Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-16-2004   #1  
Registered!!

gotarheels03 is an unknown quantity at this point
Hooray, my 04 already banged up....

so I let my sister borrow my car for a Dr. appointment a few weeks ago. 2nd time she's driven the car since summer. And of course she got in an accident Shes got quite the history with accidents, which somehow managed not to go on her insurance....

well here's what she did, following my MOM, moms at a redlight, and my sis rearends her at the light her excuse to me was "I was looking to see how much gas I had"........ women drivers

anyways, I'll need a new headlight and mounting brackets, new hood, new drivers rad support, repaint drivers fender (which is now rusting), and they said they can fix the bumper and polish it up w/o replacing it.. all this on a 2004 with only 4000 miles on it!

gotarheels03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004   #2  
Sweetest Dude on 7th Gen

xX03EXx will become famous soon enoughxX03EXx will become famous soon enough
Similar accident happened to me, like the almost the exact same, lady hit me when I was parked! [email protected]$*& soccer moms in suvs. Anyway, You need a new hood and headlight, that's about it. You can bend back the headlight mounting thing that doubles as a bracket to mount the front bumper.
xX03EXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004   #3  
Mr. Clean

Changu-San can only hope to improve
thats not too bad...
Changu-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004   #4  
Registered!!

Skunk2ner is an unknown quantity at this point
that sucks man. looks like it's time for a carbon fiber hood and projector headlights
Skunk2ner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004   #5  
Registered!!

^ I considered that, but its a leased car, and since my sister drives it occasionally (though not much) id rather not deal with her ****ing up my hard work. I let my mom drive it ONCE too, and she backed into a wall.....

I had a 97 Corolla with a couple grand in mods (no ricey crap) and that was totalled last year with her driving it. On top of that it was during my college finals and I couldnt get to it right away. the shop it was at stole my sub, speakers, and headunit.
Old 11-16-2004   #6  
The Evil Genius

Quijano187 is on a distinguished road
thats sucks , are going to leave it like that?
Quijano187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004   #7  
Registered!!

no, its leased so it has to be fixed. Luckily my parents are siding with me and making HER pay for all repairs. I got shafted whenever she did something stupid in the old car.

it is hard not to mod the car though. especially the suspension. Im so used to a lowered car.
Old 11-16-2004   #8  
Registered!!

kasimmmmm has a spectacular aura aboutkasimmmmm has a spectacular aura aboutkasimmmmm has a spectacular aura about
sorry to hear but atleast you can get a CF hood!
kasimmmmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004   #9  
I just burnt my tongue

ragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really nice
similar to what happend to me too...except my bro driving went under a truck...damage was like that but about 10x worse
ragingSPAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004   #10  
SICCMADE

Danka02 is an unknown quantity at this point
dont let your mom or sister drive it anymore, it sounds like they dont need to be driving in the first place if they keep crashing your cars
Danka02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004   #11  
I just burnt my tongue

ragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skunk2ner
that sucks man. looks like it's time for a carbon fiber hood and projector headlights

they dont have projector lights out yet for the 04's...i've been waiting for them so i can get my HID kit...yellow HID high beams which will always be on at a lower setting and white or blue HID low beams
ragingSPAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004   #12  
My penis is just like all my posts, very very short
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

zachgeyer has a spectacular aura aboutzachgeyer has a spectacular aura about
ouch get a CF hood
zachgeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004   #13  
Why is my vagina bleeding?

nindoo has a spectacular aura aboutnindoo has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by xX03EXx
Similar accident happened to me, like the almost the exact same, lady hit me when I was parked! [email protected]$*& soccer moms in suvs. Anyway, You need a new hood and headlight, that's about it. You can bend back the headlight mounting thing that doubles as a bracket to mount the front bumper.
suvs should be freakin banned or made with lower bumpers. This is ridiculous you know if a car would have backed up it would only scratched your bumper know you got to replace a light and a repair the hood. That agravates the hell outta me!
nindoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004   #14  
Registered!!

mexinaction will become famous soon enoughmexinaction will become famous soon enough
**** yea bam SUV's

<-----used to own one lol
mexinaction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004   #15  
Sweetest Dude on 7th Gen

xX03EXx will become famous soon enoughxX03EXx will become famous soon enough
I just hate all women drivers, especially the ones whose husbands buy them $50k suvs and they can't even drive. What pissed me off the most was that her car had no damage!
xX03EXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004   #16  
< My future wife.

armieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to behold
I think the reason that husbands buy their wives SUVs and vans is that they KNOW their wives will f*ck up one day. With SUVs being next to invulnerable in car collisions, the husbands won't have to pay for damages to the family car, just damages to the other party.

Therefore, the only people whose lives/schedules are inconvenienced are the civic drivers... US.
armieo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004   #17  
Registered!!

^yeah my dad is pulling his hair out because he and I have perfectly clean records, but my mom has several accidents. Luckily my sisters have never gone thru insurance. Hell she even slammed my moms car into the side of the garage when backing out of the garage! she cut the wheel instead of backing out straight like a normal person.

My dad leased the car for "Us" meaning my sister and I, but I drive the car 99% of the time. I told him it was a bad Idea to lease a new car that my sister would drive. and that getting 2 cars would be better, but he wanted us to have a new car.
Old 11-16-2004   #18  
Registered!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasimmmmm
sorry to hear but atleast you can get a CF hood!
wow like the 4th person to say this. Read the thread, im not going to mod it. although its quite difficult not to.
Old 11-16-2004   #19  
Registered!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nindoo
suvs should be freakin banned or made with lower bumpers. This is ridiculous you know if a car would have backed up it would only scratched your bumper know you got to replace a light and a repair the hood. That agravates the hell outta me!
HELL YEAH. I hate those damn things. make a huge truck thats large, unresponsive, top heavy and handles like **** and market them to the absolute worst drivers on the road Makes alot of sense...

They drive up our insurance premiums like crazy. my 1st car was a pontiac fiero and let me tell you driving that among SUV's was scary as hell!

I wish I had the pic to post, but my lowered 97 corolla was totalled when an SUV driver pulled into an intersection w/o looking both ways. My sis hardly had time to hit the breaks. T-boned him. lowered small car + SUV....... my bumper had NO damage. my hood, headlights, and engine took all the impact
Old 11-16-2004   #20  
Registered!!

exclusive_vtec will become famous soon enough
ouch...... that sux... owned by ur own family..
exclusive_vtec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004   #21  
Registered!!

Yup..... its a shame, but I knew it was inevitable. I told my dad it would happen eventually. Didn't think it would happen quite this early into a 3 year lease though. Im just glad she slowed down enough to not total both cars.
Old 11-16-2004   #22  
Registered!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by armieo
I think the reason that husbands buy their wives SUVs and vans is that they KNOW their wives will f*ck up one day. With SUVs being next to invulnerable in car collisions, the husbands won't have to pay for damages to the family car, just damages to the other party.

Therefore, the only people whose lives/schedules are inconvenienced are the civic drivers... US.
so true.... my dad has a jag, and my mom keeps saying she would like a nice bimmer, lexus etc...... yeah right, she can't even take care of a Toyota, and ive stopped doing her oil changes for her. you should see her car. An 02 and it looks worse than my 97 did before it left. paintchips, dings, scratches, scuffs everywhere..... and so much junk in the car you can't sit in the passenger seat.

is it only my family or are most women you guys know just as bad?