Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

how to take night pics

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2004
OMNES AD UNUM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jttegx has a spectacular aura aboutjttegx has a spectacular aura about
how to take night pics

(posted this in members ride forum since im providing pic of my ride ) but move to more appropiate board if neccesary.

first off, im using a "canon a310 (powershot)" digital camera which is 3.2 mega pixels. my question is: "why are my night pics so horrible even under a bright street light?" even with the flash on, it doesnt catch the whole scene but just the first object thats in front. i was trying to take night shots of my car eariler and went home unsatisfied.

here is an example photo, how would i make it so the car is more "lit" and "shown" in the photo?

is possible, post great examples of how to take night photos

Last edited by jttegx; 11-08-2004 at 02:30 AM.
Old 11-06-2004
Unsalvageable

rEkKaShInObI should not be trustedrEkKaShInObI should not be trustedrEkKaShInObI should not be trustedrEkKaShInObI should not be trusted
not bad man
Old 11-06-2004
< My future wife.

armieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to behold
Use no flash, a high exposure time, and a tripod. The end.
Old 11-06-2004
Search and Learn

civicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nice
Originally Posted by armieo
Yup.
Tripod >
Old 11-06-2004
Registered!!

pbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant future
long exposure/slow shutter speed, tripod, a steady light source instead of a flash (like a flood light or something), but thats up to you, and open up the apperture all the way.

but im guessing youre using a digital camera, so read the manual on how to do all that. also, when taking long exposure shots, dont have a lightsource in direct view of the lens. dont have the light in the shot, or it might overpower the other stuff in the picture. just dont give up and keep trying.
Old 11-06-2004
Tighter than a third eye after 1 week in prison.

Caucasian.Asian is a jewel in the roughCaucasian.Asian is a jewel in the roughCaucasian.Asian is a jewel in the roughCaucasian.Asian is a jewel in the rough
do what he said. thats pretty much what i did... http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=180890
Old 11-06-2004
Tighter than a third eye after 1 week in prison.

Caucasian.Asian is a jewel in the roughCaucasian.Asian is a jewel in the roughCaucasian.Asian is a jewel in the roughCaucasian.Asian is a jewel in the rough
oh, and try not to get the light in the picture unless you are using manual mode. if it is on automatic the camera will try to make the light the main focus of the picture and it might not give you a long enough exposure, resulting in a clear light but dark car...
Old 11-06-2004
Registered!!

InanimateCarbonRod will become famous soon enoughInanimateCarbonRod will become famous soon enough
Try to make sure any street lights etc are not behind the car. This makes it backlit and your car ends up being in the dark just like your picture.
Old 11-06-2004
Banned

ImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trusted
Get a tripod > Best Buy = 20$

Then wait till its dark

No flash, and play with all the exposure functions

dont aim the camera directly towards a light source... Have the light source hitting the car

Old 11-06-2004
Banned

ImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trusted
http://dtmpower.net/forum/showthread.php?t=85603

good info
Old 11-06-2004
deploy,engage,destroy.. to fail is not an option

thrash_273 is an unknown quantity at this point
that's cool.
Old 11-06-2004
Registered!!

7thGenerasianCivic is just really nice7thGenerasianCivic is just really nice7thGenerasianCivic is just really nice7thGenerasianCivic is just really nice
wow, I was having the same problem. Thnks
Old 11-06-2004
7th Gen Photographer

LogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of light

you cant have the lightsource in the picture... IM me on AIM and ill help you... i just dont feel like typing right now. LOL