Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

got a new ride srt-4

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jamesbbh is an unknown quantity at this point
got a new ride srt-4

ok guys the srt kicks a lotta ***. i could never go back to driving the vic im sorry. i waxed a new mustang gt the other day and it made me realize how slow the civic was lol. anyways its a red srt-4 2004 with the LSD. i love it. hate if you want lol
Old 05-04-2004
9K Redline Owns U
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Spider883 will become famous soon enoughSpider883 will become famous soon enough
srt-4 is hot on perfomance but ugly on styleing.. i would still drive one though
Old 05-04-2004
Registered!!

dude its so fun to drive. i take the long way everywhere i go lol . i dont even want to get where im going just so i can drive more haha. theyre really not that bad looking in person, the pics of them made me not want to get one but i wen tto the dealer and test drove one and i fell in love. o and they gave me 11,200 for an 01 ex so i was happy lol
Old 05-04-2004
Registered!!

ricergribbs is an unknown quantity at this point
eh, i like the looks, i like the performance, but umm... reliability man?! whered you put your reliability!?
Old 05-04-2004
9K Redline Owns U

Spider883 will become famous soon enoughSpider883 will become famous soon enough
i have driven one before.. fast as heck.. it would eat my *** alive even
Old 05-04-2004
Registered!!

it has a free 3 yr warranty and i prob wont have it that long. also i did my research b4 i got it and all the other srt owners have had little probs. the vics are about even as far as problems.
Old 05-04-2004
9K Redline Owns U

yea.. everyone says oh they are going to have problems.. but i havent heard of anything out of the ordinary from what other cars have
Old 05-04-2004
Registered!!

yea thats what im saying spider, everybody is like bla bla DODGE bla bla but they had a badass team design these cars and i have the second year model so im not worried about it
Old 05-04-2004
Premium Member

Mr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to all
eh whatever it's a dodge whoopie. Wax me all day if ya want.....me no care. Congrats on the purchase.
Old 05-04-2004
9K Redline Owns U

maybe i should sell the SCSi and buy one haha
Old 05-04-2004
Registered!!

lol im tellin ya its the best car ive owned. although ive only had it 4 days lol ive already ordered the greddy turbo timer and have my changer and deck in it, that was in the first four hours haha.
Old 05-04-2004
Back From The Banned!

CuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really nice
Be happy and be careful driving man!
congrats on the purchase as well.
Old 05-04-2004
Registered!!

o ye aman ive seen too many of these totalled b/c ppl dont knwo how to drive and lose control so im taking it easy unless im at the track or in a str8 line haha
Old 05-04-2004
Registered!!

AutoK20A3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by Spider883
maybe i should sell the SCSi and buy one haha
You do that, and I'll ask you to share what you're smokin. J/P
Old 05-04-2004
Registered!!

Agent9 should not be trusted
nice....or fast I mean. hey if I had the cash I'd probably get one too. but I'd keep the civic.
Old 05-04-2004
Euro-Spec

tripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nice
Originally posted by Mr.Modify
eh whatever it's a dodge whoopie. Wax me all day if ya want.....me no care. Congrats on the purchase.

anyways, congrats on the purchase. I'm thinking about one, especially after a guy from my school just got a red one. That **** kicks ***... He raced an auto 350 and smoked it... mad power
Old 05-05-2004
Registered!!

mogwai will become famous soon enough
Congrats on the car. Yeah, I'm starting to feel the same way about my Civic... the more I get to drive my bro's GTI 1.8T, the more I ask myself; why even bother with the Civic? Don't get me wrong, it's a good car and it's been really reliable. But after driving something fast, it makes you think twice.
Old 05-05-2004
Registered!!

yea man thanks on the congrats guys. i love it . i love the looks actually too l;ol
Old 05-05-2004
RESIDENT ROTOR HEAD

nookiemonster is a glorious beacon of lightnookiemonster is a glorious beacon of lightnookiemonster is a glorious beacon of lightnookiemonster is a glorious beacon of lightnookiemonster is a glorious beacon of light
Nice...how's it handle? boost controller in the works? Get the Profec from Greddy. Go with electronic boost control. No spikes.
Old 05-05-2004
Registered!!

it doesnt handle as good as the vic just b/c i had the neuspeed race springs and koni shocks but im lowering it soon. but yea the timer should be here soon and i also ordered a 3 gauge pod and a turbo xs BOV lol all tonight. im tryign to do all the little stuff b4 the big stuff ojn this car so i dont fack anything up. but yea what it lacks in handling it makes up in power haha.
Old 05-05-2004
Custom Titles are played out

RiceRocketeer has a spectacular aura aboutRiceRocketeer has a spectacular aura aboutRiceRocketeer has a spectacular aura about
Wow. WHOOPTIE DOO.. you took me for a ride, I still the think the vic could take it..

Let me know if you need any help putting stuff in.. I need the experience. You know my cell #.

PEACE PACE..

(It's sad you haven't posted since 2k1civic.com and you come back and post more in 2 days than you have in over a year because you got a non-vic car..

imp:
Old 05-05-2004
RESIDENT ROTOR HEAD

nookiemonster is a glorious beacon of lightnookiemonster is a glorious beacon of lightnookiemonster is a glorious beacon of lightnookiemonster is a glorious beacon of lightnookiemonster is a glorious beacon of light
^^^ Haha he want us to be jealous. Well...I'm not....I considered it when i got my car, and I still got what I did...
Old 05-05-2004
That is not an ordinary rabbit tis the most foul cruel beast

WhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of light
SRT-4 are alright but I hate it because its a neon....
No one ever answered the question though! does a boosted civic hang with an srt4?
ohh ya those new Mazda 3's own!!!!!
whens the mazda speed version come out?
Old 05-05-2004
RESIDENT ROTOR HEAD

Mazdaspeed 3 hasn't even been announced yet. The next Mazdaspeed Project after the Miata is the 6...but rumor has it that the Mazdaspeed 6 will only be a body kit, rims, stereo, and ECU flash. The MPS (mazda performance series) 6 will be AWD turbo...hopefully it comes to the states. Expect that in '06, and the MS3 in '07 probably..

Here's the car to wait for though. MS RX-8...delicioso.

Last edited by nookiemonster; 05-05-2004 at 01:59 AM.
Old 05-05-2004
Registered!!

XxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really nice
Originally posted by mogwai
Congrats on the car. Yeah, I'm starting to feel the same way about my Civic... the more I get to drive my bro's GTI 1.8T, the more I ask myself; why even bother with the Civic? Don't get me wrong, it's a good car and it's been really reliable. But after driving something fast, it makes you think twice.

then you really should have considered why you wanted a civic before you went and bought one.

Reasons for buying a civic:
a) low price
b) low maintenance (depending on certain conditions)
c) economic
d) popular (common goes here as well)
e) looks ______ (fill in the blank with positive adjective)

Bad reasons for buying a civic:
a) HP/engine performance (unless you got the money to change this)

in any event if you bought your civic thinking it will be faster than cars out there, then it's your fault when you find out it isn't and that there are a lot of better cars out there. Don't bash a car for your misjudgement. it is only a car after all

Grats on the new car by the way.
Old 05-05-2004
Registered!!

sdl02 is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah congrats, srt-4s are nice considering they come with an out-front intercooler and turbo stock.
like mogwai i drive my friends 1.8t and was going to get one myself but went with a civic instead because it was a lot cheaper and still nice. even though the gti is fast, i plan on putting a turbo on my civic anyway, so im happy with what i got

have fun with the srt
Old 05-05-2004
Registered!!

lol im not one of oyur 7thgen heroes michael? WTF ur going down buddy. no more monday afternoon kegs for you
Old 05-05-2004
Custom Titles are played out

RiceRocketeer has a spectacular aura aboutRiceRocketeer has a spectacular aura aboutRiceRocketeer has a spectacular aura about
I have no idea what you are talking about, you are on my hero list..

Nah, your SRT 4 is going down son, the vic will pwn all..

And it was ME who introduced you to the idea of a monday afternoon keg imp:
Old 05-05-2004
Registered!!

cwick187 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by jamesbbh
lol im tellin ya its the best car ive owned. although ive only had it 4 days lol ive already ordered the greddy turbo timer and have my changer and deck in it, that was in the first four hours haha.
Hey man, you may not want to put a timer on it without doing some research first...I read in a magizine article that the stock ecu needs some kind of special piggy back system to use a timer properly. I think it was in last months super street. Anyway, I also think the SRT-4 is a good choice. There have been little complaints about the stock clutch, but no major problems since the first model was released...I might go this weekend and test drive one. Oh, did you know that Dodge offers a stage one kit?? It's also talked about in that article...Try to find it
Old 05-05-2004
Post Whore General

Jodster is a jewel in the roughJodster is a jewel in the roughJodster is a jewel in the roughJodster is a jewel in the rough
^^^^^^^^^^^^The Stage one kit is from Mopar. Its a different turbo. And its not worth it. $400 is what it cost I believe and I saw dynos from it. It was only 5whp more. Not worth it. With $400 you can get a bigger exhaust and make more that 5whp.

Quick Reply: got a new ride srt-4