Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Is My Car Show Ready?

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LiLaSiiAn8 is an unknown quantity at this point
Is My Car Show Ready?

My friend was talking about the upcoming March 2004, Hot Import Nights in Los Angeles, California and I was wondering if I should enter. Not to win anything, but to be able to say that I've actually entered my car in a show before. Tell me what you think, is she ready for HIN?! [With some extra care of course like rear lip, repainting front and rear bumpers and lip kit and fixing the boo boos on my rims or getting new ones.] Here are a couple of pictures, there are more in my Member's Ride page and the updated list of mods are on my web site! Thanks!

click here
Old 12-08-2003
Registered!!

CivicGoh is an unknown quantity at this point
hmm well if ur looking to get some attn to your car i dont think its ready. Its nice n clean looking but nothing that isnt seen on the streets everyday. However, i say just enter it! The shows are all about having fun and meeting new people. My team entered 11 cars at import fest vancouver we had 9 cars come out with awards. And one was a lancer sedan oz edition that had a set of subs, painted interior blk head lights and rims and neons. So basically stock in appearance since it wasnt lowered. Surprisingly he took home 3rd place in the import others category. So i say just do it. Whats the worst tha can happen?
Old 12-08-2003
Registered!!

I'm not all into shows so I don't really know which ones are bigger than others. I basically know them by name. Do you think Hot Import Nights is bigger than Import Fest? I think so, huh? Maybe I should wait for a smaller show?

CivicGoh, is there anything you think I should add? I'll be adding a couple of neons sticks here and there.. underbody.. []

Last edited by LiLaSiiAn8; 12-08-2003 at 08:53 PM.
Old 12-08-2003
Registered!!

mndthegap1 has a spectacular aura aboutmndthegap1 has a spectacular aura about
car looks really clean and really good
BUT as far as for shows go you would have to do other stuff.
Old 12-08-2003
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Mr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to all
i say enter it just to fricking sit around your car and watch people look at it cause it's all fun! just so that you can see how it feels ...good expeirence to enter it though so that you will kow what you need to do!! my . 02!
Old 12-08-2003
Premium Member

tinman is just really nicetinman is just really nicetinman is just really nicetinman is just really nicetinman is just really nice
Hmmm.... not sure about show ready.... But it's really clean. I like the rims on it too. Sometimes show cars are a bit overdone. I really like the clean look. Nice job.
Old 12-08-2003
Registered!!

Thanks for all the comments. I know its not all krazy and stuff and I do want to keep it clean for the show, if i enter.

mndthegap1, what are some things you think I need to become "show ready"?
Old 12-08-2003
Jap-Euro Fusion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
ANY car is show worthy. If you wanna show it off, go show it off. Thats really all thats to it. You don't need anything special, IMO. If you're proud of what you've done, go do it.
Old 12-08-2003
Don't Hate. Just Envy.

DaZeD is an unknown quantity at this point
well monica ur car is clean as hell, but not show ready, kinda like mine

but i dont even know if im keeping my car so yea
Old 12-08-2003
Tell me what you don't like about yourself....

CarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to all
Look at the pics of my car. It doesn't even have a kit and I've won the following awards......

- Best of Show at Southern-imports.com 1st Annual Show
- Best Import at Southern-imports.com 1st Annual Show
- 1st Place Down South 843 1st Annual Show (96 & Up Civic Class)
- 2nd Place Whitlee International Car Show 2003(Columbia, SC)

Any car is show worthy.
Old 12-08-2003
Don't Hate. Just Envy.

DaZeD is an unknown quantity at this point
but not to be a **** but fly, u dont live in la, the competition he is crazy, take a look at inovatstyl's car, and u'll get an idea

but i do love both ur cars
Old 12-08-2003
Registered!!

Wow he doesn't have rims either.. I should move lol

Edit: Nevermind I just checked his profile.
Old 12-08-2003
Tell me what you don't like about yourself....

CarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to all
I can't be held accountable for the lack of competition in my area. Hopefully I'll be moving to Houston soon where there is stiffer competition.
Old 12-08-2003
ThE CoRRupToR

dru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nice
GO FOR IT!! I say its ready. I went to a couple of shows and mann.....I couldnt believe how fugly the cars were . I saw this 90 eclipse and it was slammed wit stock wheels wit hubs. There were cars that had steelies on wit bodykits . When I saw those cars I was like damn thats it!! For sure im gonna put my car in next yr. HAHA!! I remember at Importfest where this guy had *** cheek marks on his hood cuz the models were all over the car for modeling pics . Maybe u can get some marks too lol....j/k

Last edited by dru106; 12-08-2003 at 10:36 PM.
Old 12-08-2003
Registered!!

Hey Andrew, which shows did you enter in?
Old 12-08-2003
ThE CoRRupToR

dru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nice
Never did. Im gonna do it next yr.....Well, i dunno cuz i saw derrick there at importfest and mann was he ever bored cuz he was there for 12 straight hrs.
Old 12-08-2003
Type Skivic

TeRRoRiFiC35 is an unknown quantity at this point
i was goin show wit my car, and i'll tell you that you could enter it but don't expect to take home any trophies. main thing judges look for is how well the car is taken car of, mods to the engine, exterior mods, interior, etc. Scratches bring down your score when they judge.
Old 12-08-2003
Registered!!

ouch i have quiet a few b00 b00's on my car.. but yeah like i said earlier I'm not going to win anything ^^ nice ride.. have you entered? you should..
Old 12-09-2003
Registered!!

iluvbritney is an unknown quantity at this point
it is clean i have to say, but show cars are NOT clean...they are looking for agreesive eye catching "stuff"
Old 12-09-2003
Registered!!

oohooh is an unknown quantity at this point
Nice Ride, Monica....one of the cleanest vics ive seen....i think black headlight housings, nice oem spec cf hood would do the trick for the exterior and maybe even a decklid spoiler (the very thin strip of wing that just sits on the edge of ur trunk), but ur interior i think is still too stocklike. I don't kno what to tell u for engine unless you have forced induction, because im not a big fan of chrome or red or yellow engine dressing. All in all, your vic is one of my personal favorites. Lots of respect to you. btw, i know several ppl from cal poly im from ucla.
Old 12-09-2003
Registered!!

k20_dc5 is an unknown quantity at this point
I say go for it man...but make sure u roll in with a team wen u enter...nothing worst then chillen by your car for around 6 hours with no company. Also about winning, itz not easy considerign your car is soo clean looking, peole at HIN looks for extrme rice...altezza is considered good. Aside from that, since you have a 2door civic, you will compete against all the 2door honda....hah and you know thatz a lot of hondas i nthe show. Peole like you and me who want to have our rides clean have to enter shows like Import Showoff to get any attentin. When i entereed with my team I had fun even thougth i didnt win...jsut go for it man .

BTW your from SG ryte....hah...oru teams recruting...so yea...maybe you could roll in wit hus haha...cuz we dont have a 7th gen civic in our crew yet...hollar bak =)...altez on
..peace

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	k20dc5-2.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	40.6 KB
ID:	15591  
Old 12-09-2003
Registered!!

01civicboi is an unknown quantity at this point
note sure if you'd win any awards but I love the RSX seats.
Old 12-09-2003
Registered!!

Yay! Thank you everyone!

oohooh I have everything you listed in mind! Thank you!

I guess my car is too clean for shows, so I guess if a small show comes up after Chinese New Years, I'll put my car in it, if not than no. Oh yeah, and I'll try to tag a long with someone one from the site, StreetSports Online [Spanky], Team SHowCase, or Team Kallusive.. if they'll take in a loaner like me .

Edit: Do I get any extra points for being a girl? LOL

Last edited by LiLaSiiAn8; 12-09-2003 at 01:31 AM.
Old 12-09-2003
Registered!!

spanky is an unknown quantity at this point
I think ur car looks good and i think u can be in the shows. I think you should try it then ask for a score sheet and see what needs inprovement for next time because it can only get better I would love to just roll in a show with a bunch of 7thgen civics just to represent our cars.
Old 12-09-2003
Reppin Stage 7

XTREME2K2CIVIC will become famous soon enoughXTREME2K2CIVIC will become famous soon enough
If your proud of your ride and want other to see it I think its show worthy.. In some smaller local shows you might have a chance at getting some trophies but at the big shows good luck cause the competition is tough... Here are local show in my area I would take home 1st and 2nd place trophies all the time but I recently went up to Houston for Import Expo and as soon as I got there I knew I had no chance... Heres a pic of my car at Import Expo...
Old 12-09-2003
Registered!!

yup yup i guess i'll roll up to a small show then finals! I'M LATE
Old 12-09-2003
Never Too Wide, Never Too Extreme

InOvAtStyL is on a distinguished road
I've been in 9 shows with my 2k1 so far. Of all the 9 shows, I only won at 1 of them. The reason.....civics are placed in 1 of two catagories at all major shows. Civic street and Civic show. I went the show route, so my vic is placed in civic show. My competition......example..... George Burgs' 96' vic with taillight conversion, punch audio sponsor, body matched color changing underbody, custom frenching, etc. etc. If it wasn't for spanky having set up a 2001 up civic catagory at Importfest, I would have never placed. Why do I show my car even though I know I won't win. Cause winning ain't everything.....it's just icing on the cake. If you think you're car is show ready, then it's show ready.....If you ever want to show, let me or david (showcaseem2) know, we'll be honored to have you show with Team Showcase. I agree with what spanky said...show at a showm then ask for the judging sheet after the show to see what you can work on for the next time you show. That's my 2 cents
Old 12-09-2003
LEVA

KeNsHiN is an unknown quantity at this point
i say go for it and kick it, and have fun! enjoy your ride
Old 12-09-2003
Registered!!

WOW! Thank you hahahah I just might take up your offer InOvAtStyL!
Old 12-09-2003
ThE CoRRupToR

Originally posted by XTREME2K2CIVIC
If your proud of your ride and want other to see it I think its show worthy.. In some smaller local shows you might have a chance at getting some trophies but at the big shows good luck cause the competition is tough... Here are local show in my area I would take home 1st and 2nd place trophies all the time but I recently went up to Houston for Import Expo and as soon as I got there I knew I had no chance... Heres a pic of my car at Import Expo...
Hey mann!! You have the sickest and cleanest 7thgen!! You deserve all those awards....Keep up the good work

Quick Reply: Is My Car Show Ready?