Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Everyone With A Body Kit Installed Please Respond Here!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jimmy_civic is on a distinguished road
well like TOOLOWCIVIC said,you get what you pay for,so if you are looking for a cheap paint job with install,the job probably wont be a good one.....i just orded my body kit,the xenon kit for $1,400 CND from silentrage.net, I think the kit should cost me around $400-$500 and I'm gonna install it myself....just to let you know that I dont know nothing about this stuff either but I will give it a try myself and i'll let you know if its easy or hard to install....oh my kit should be here around this sunday!!
Old 08-18-2003
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all
Are you planning to drill the holes yourself?
Old 08-18-2003
Registered!!

TOOLOWCIVIC is an unknown quantity at this point
Give Mateus a call and see if they can beat the price JC gave u. Mateus also does very good work. Here read this and this that should help u out.
Old 08-18-2003
Registered!!

yes i am planning to drill the holes myself,from what my friends who has done it themselves say that its really easy,I would let them or a body shop put it on for me but i dont wanna leave it in calgary...the other reason i dont want a body shop here to put my kit on is that they dont have experience so they would take longer and probably charge me more for the labour.
Old 08-18-2003
Registered!!

but dont listen to me,haha i feel very comfortable installing the kit myself,if you dont, you should just get a good shop to do the work for you.
Old 08-21-2003
Registered!!

TommyC225 is an unknown quantity at this point
its not really that hard to install trust me -- i didnt even have to drill holes --- since i have oem front and sides and a west wing g5 back they cam with indented marks -- all i did was use the 3m tape that was include stuck it on and then just forced the screws throw with a srewdriver!!! but the bodykit u getting has direct replacment except for the sides so u will only have to make holes for the side !!! hope every thing goes well!!!!
Old 08-21-2003
Registered!!

streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all
So when i order the bodykit it will already have the holes drilled on the front and rear bumper?
Old 08-23-2003
Registered!!

the front will have the holes predrilled,my sides and rear dont since they are add ons,but they have markings on them to show where you should drill,it lookes really easy to do man...i just have to get it painted first.
Old 08-23-2003
Registered!!

So if i order a body kit from spoileretc.net, or if I actually go up there and buy a 4 piece body kit, the front bumper will already have the holes drilled so I can just get it painted and then slap it on, but the sides and rear I will have to drill the holes. If this is the case it will make things easier. What kits come with the holes drilled?
Old 05-23-2004
Registered!!

buckycheer is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey where can u buy duraglas
Old 05-23-2004
Electric Boogaloo...

PopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to behold
My install was 1200, including installing front, sides, and rear. They also primed the entire car, shaved the H off the trunk, and remolded the rear from when I previously had it on the car. That's before paint. They also didn't use 3m sticky tape on the skirts. They used a bonding glue and then bondoed the seam to make it smoother. I have had the car painted as well, but I was trying to help you out as far as installing the kit unpainted. I'd say without priming the entire car, it'd have cost me around 800-900. Taping it off for paint is a bytch which makes the labor cost go up.