Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

RS*R ExMag is in! (I HAVE RECORDINGS)

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2003
TUCKIN 19s

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2k2EXCOUPE will become famous soon enough
Originally posted by Dr5D
hey, I was thinking it might be cheaper to get the rs*r universal muffler, and then have a local shop do all the piping, and prehas even put a pipe stright thu so there is no cat or resonator... what about that idea?
I'd personally just get the full catback. Custom catbacks usually dont sound as good as a catback from a company.
Old 10-10-2003
Registered!!

fennel123 is an unknown quantity at this point
boilermaker. wut kind / size rims u got?
Old 10-17-2003
Registered!!

Stone is an unknown quantity at this point
Im not knocking or anything, but it sonds like you got 20s on it or something.

What size rims are those?

Just sounds like its not reving up real fast. I dont know, I dont really pay much attention to it when Im driving, Ill check tomorrow and see if Im wrong.

Killer, killer sound though.
I was going to get the DC Sports TCS but I dont know about that now.

Im going to go find that badass clip of a TCS now......
Old 10-17-2003
Jap-Euro Fusion
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
They're 17's. They weigh 15 lbs a piece.
You try driving with one hand on a camera and the other trying to keep the car straight and shift gears. The car runs just fine.
Old 10-18-2003
Registered!!

Stone is an unknown quantity at this point
no no no wasnt bitching, just wondering.

i figured it was something ilke that

I havnt figured out a good way to record inside my car yet either.

I just tried yesterdat and i ended up having to tie the video camera to my headrest with some small rope.

sorry bro, just small talking ****
Old 10-27-2003
Registered!!

expense is an unknown quantity at this point
This is exactly the kind of exhaust I've been looking far.. I love how it's all ceramic coated except for the tip so it won't stand out.. sounds great from the sound clips too.. good job Boiler
Old 11-11-2003
Registered!!

orion_squall is just really niceorion_squall is just really niceorion_squall is just really niceorion_squall is just really niceorion_squall is just really nice
I like the idea that it is coated black so it has stealth effect. (people don't see it except the chrome tip)

I ownder if we can painted the stock cat-back to black too? with black hi-heat resistant paint? so the stock muccler also have stealth effect?
Old 11-12-2003
PJG
Registered!!

PJG is an unknown quantity at this point
I love the sound,
gives my HKS a run for it's money
...and the stick just makes it sound better!
Reminds me of my friend's 01 Eclipse GT V6 with Magnaflow,
which is an incredible compliment.
I love driving that car.

Pat
Old 11-12-2003
Registered!!

opto_isolator has a spectacular aura aboutopto_isolator has a spectacular aura aboutopto_isolator has a spectacular aura about
Ok guys, I'm not here to rain on everybody's parade, but I just found some more info out about the RS*R Exhaust Magic series of exhausts for our civics. Here is an email response which I received from RS*R USA about their exhausts:

XXXX,

The 2001 Civic muffler is a chambered design. RS-R has designed the
Civic exhaust to perform almost as much as a straight through design.
Its actually incredible how RS-R has designed a chambered muffler to
make as much power as some straight through designs.

If you are looking for the most power, in a stealth street application,
this is the exhaust you want.

Thanks,

Koji Ikeda
RS-R
Director of Sales and Marketing
tel: (310) 518-5450
fax: (310) 518-5491
e-mail: koji@rs-r.com
www.rs-r.com

So the truth comes out - it is a chambered design, which is why it doesn't sound ricey. Now, don't get me wrong, it does sound great - and I'm sure changes the power curve somewhat to the midrange - but it probably wouldn't be the best setup for turbo applications due to this reason......

Just wanted to set the record straight....
Old 11-12-2003
Jap-Euro Fusion

Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
Originally posted by opto_isolator
Ok guys, I'm not here to rain on everybody's parade, but I just found some more info out about the RS*R Exhaust Magic series of exhausts for our civics. Here is an email response which I received from RS*R USA about their exhausts:

XXXX,

The 2001 Civic muffler is a chambered design. RS-R has designed the
Civic exhaust to perform almost as much as a straight through design.
Its actually incredible how RS-R has designed a chambered muffler to
make as much power as some straight through designs.

If you are looking for the most power, in a stealth street application,
this is the exhaust you want.

Thanks,

Koji Ikeda
RS-R
Director of Sales and Marketing
tel: (310) 518-5450
fax: (310) 518-5491
e-mail: koji@rs-r.com
www.rs-r.com

So the truth comes out - it is a chambered design, which is why it doesn't sound ricey. Now, don't get me wrong, it does sound great - and I'm sure changes the power curve somewhat to the midrange - but it probably wouldn't be the best setup for turbo applications due to this reason......

Just wanted to set the record straight....

I don't see how thats raining on a parade. It actually does what its supposed to...
1. Its dead silent when you want it to be, and when you stuff it, its very melodic.
2. It adds a noticable amount of power... in a place where you can actually use it.
3. Usually if you've got a turbo... the intercooler kinda gives it away. So just stick a thermos bottle under the bumper and it'll look like every other Civic out there.

That's far from raining on a parade. Sounds more like you just gave everyone more reason to want it. Who cares if its chambered if it adds power without making obnoxious amounts of noise.
My *** dyno confirms it.... I'll make it official as soon as the next, cheap dyno day comes around.
Old 11-13-2003
Registered!!

opto_isolator has a spectacular aura aboutopto_isolator has a spectacular aura aboutopto_isolator has a spectacular aura about
I was merely stating a fact that was denied before (I asked if it was chambered - you said no). Most of the time chambered exhaust systems (ala flowmaster) are more restrictive and create more back pressure for a turboed system. When I was referring to a turboed car, I wasn't referring to the "stealthiness" of the exhaust, I was referring to the performance gains. A straight through exhaust on a turbo car WILL provide better performance than one with a chambered design, due to the lower back pressure......

Do not get me wrong - I think this is a cool muffler, that is quality etc. But I only think that NA cars would benefit from this more than one with a turbo application.

I think I'm going to go with Magnaflow still, since I plan on going the turbo route.....
Old 11-13-2003
Registered!!

orion_squall is just really niceorion_squall is just really niceorion_squall is just really niceorion_squall is just really niceorion_squall is just really nice
turbo set up don't need exhaust...

stock is as good
Old 11-14-2003
Registered!!

Originally posted by orion_squall
turbo set up don't need exhaust...

stock is as good
Uhhhh... WTF planet are you from man? Sure you COULD use the stock exhaust - but why? If you are installing a turbo kit you are doing it for 1 reason, more power. Why not take advantage of that by installing a better flowing exhaust to maximize that power? Next time think before posting.....
Old 11-14-2003
Registered!!

Uhhhh... WTF planet are you from man? Sure you COULD use the stock exhaust - but why? If you are installing a turbo kit you are doing it for 1 reason, more power. Why not take advantage of that by installing a better flowing exhaust to maximize that power? Next time think before posting.....

dude, never heard of a hatch civic 97-98 matched with viper and it has stock exhaust?

if not, please search for it and look at his set up first.

let's say turbo will give you 50hp more, with stock exhaust.

With the extra 600- 800$ mod from the exhaust, it will probably bring 5 hp more to total of 55hp more...oh yeah, that is what you call "maximazing"...

what you are thinking? turbo and exhaust will maximize to an extra 100h? 50 from turbo and 50 from exhaust????
Old 11-15-2003
Registered!!

Originally posted by orion_squall
dude, never heard of a hatch civic 97-98 matched with viper and it has stock exhaust?

With the extra 600- 800$ mod from the exhaust, it will probably bring 5 hp more to total of 55hp more...oh yeah, that is what you call "maximazing"...

what you are thinking? turbo and exhaust will maximize to an extra 100h? 50 from turbo and 50 from exhaust????
Ok, just to let you know I'm not being antagonistic here - but have you ever read anything about exhaust theory and tuning? If not I suggest going here:

http://www.grapeaperacing.com/GrapeA...ustheaders.cfm

It has a basic intro into exhaust "scavenging." When you have a turbo setup, you want the exhaust to come out in pulses. By utilizing the stock exhaust you are only limiting yourself. If you tune your whole car properly, than you can maximize your power output. The stock exhaust on OUR cars is small for turbo application. The ideal exhaust size for turboed D17 is around 2.5". I believe stock is smaller than 2.

Sure, an exhaust system will cost money - but its a drop in the bucket considering how much money that the other components cost. Why only go 75% of the way when you can go 100%?
Old 11-16-2003
Registered!!

$$

Ok, just to let you know I'm not being antagonistic here - but have you ever read anything about exhaust theory and tuning? If not I suggest going here:

http://www.grapeaperacing.com/GrapeA...ustheaders.cfm

It has a basic intro into exhaust "scavenging." When you have a turbo setup, you want the exhaust to come out in pulses. By utilizing the stock exhaust you are only limiting yourself. If you tune your whole car properly, than you can maximize your power output. The stock exhaust on OUR cars is small for turbo application. The ideal exhaust size for turboed D17 is around 2.5". I believe stock is smaller than 2.

Sure, an exhaust system will cost money - but its a drop in the bucket considering how much money that the other components cost. Why only go 75% of the way when you can go 100%?
just the fact that for 900$ you get turbo and 600$ for the exhaust...for the power you get exhaust seems to be very extra. Unless you will go as far as installing real race exhaust which will probably be 700-800$... then you will really extract the whole potencial of turbo.I am very comvinced the regular "street performance exhaust won't do much compare to stock. It might not even achive the theory. Of course, read the theory is easy.
Old 07-18-2004
Mex
Registered!!

Mex is a jewel in the roughMex is a jewel in the roughMex is a jewel in the rough
this is weird.. maybe all exhausts do it, but it seems the RS*R grows when it's hot.. the first pic is the pipe when it's cool, tucked just a bit under the bumper. the second is the pipe when it's hot.. pics don't really do it justice, but it seems to grow by about a centimeter

Old 07-18-2004
I log in from time to time

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by orion_squall

I realize that this is an old post, but dude, seriously...smoke crack much?
Cheesefrog (the guy who ran neck and neck with a viper) runs open header. His exhaust is just there to give it the LOOK of a stock car (sleeper), yet it performs like a viper and sounds like a beast (open header...).
Old 07-18-2004
Registered!!

duyaknow is an unknown quantity at this point
That's for sure my favorite cat back system out there, but I don't think I'll spend 6 bills for it. It's just that most exhaust systems barely make any power, so I went with an axle back for less than $100 for the sound and look.
Old 07-18-2004
Jap-Euro Fusion

Originally Posted by Mex
this is weird.. maybe all exhausts do it, but it seems the RS*R grows when it's hot.. the first pic is the pipe when it's cool, tucked just a bit under the bumper. the second is the pipe when it's hot.. pics don't really do it justice, but it seems to grow by about a centimeter

Metal expands when it heats up, contracts when it cools down....
Old 09-16-2004
Registered!!

gotricebrother is an unknown quantity at this point
whats the pipe size? and is it louser then the stock by a little.
Old 09-16-2004
Registered!!

ZodCivik is an unknown quantity at this point
Ive been askin over and over if this exhaust would work for sedan but i never got an answer thanks boilermaker, im gonna buy one too
Old 09-16-2004
My penis is just like all my posts, very very short

zachgeyer has a spectacular aura aboutzachgeyer has a spectacular aura about
kool i want that soo bad
Old 09-17-2004
gone

Nitto will become famous soon enough
i like my fart
Old 09-17-2004
Registered!!

vino is an unknown quantity at this point
how big is the tip?
Old 09-17-2004
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Not much bigger than stock it seems.
Old 09-17-2004
Registered!!

StaticX is an unknown quantity at this point
IF i had the extra car project money to spend i would DEfenitely but this one. 5 or 6 bills is a little touchy for just a muffler. Dammit
Old 09-19-2004
Yup, i'm an A$$hole.

Mystic3030 has a spectacular aura aboutMystic3030 has a spectacular aura about
I saw greys, the tip is about 2 1/2 inches larger than stock. It's pretty big...i'd get it cut off and weld a 2 1/2" or 3" tip on if I got one.
Old 10-04-2011
Registered!!

tinker_s is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: RS*R ExMag is in! (I HAVE RECORDINGS)

How do you find it to listen to it?
Old 10-04-2011
Registered!!

Milkey will become famous soon enough
Re: RS*R ExMag is in! (I HAVE RECORDINGS)

Zombie thread back from the dead

Quick Reply: RS*R ExMag is in! (I HAVE RECORDINGS)