Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

Can someone please tell me what this is (pic inside)

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PrimeSource is an unknown quantity at this point
Can someone please tell me what this is (pic inside)

My car is bouncing around like crazy on the front end. I suspect that my struts and shocks need to be replaced. I can press down on the front and when I let go the whole front end will bounce up and down several times. When I was looking around under the front left wheel I noticed this little piece just hanging there. On the other side it is still connected. Can somebody please tell me what this is and maybe what is it for?

thanks for your time and help.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	civic 001.jpg
Views:	344
Size:	40.6 KB
ID:	78298  
Old 05-08-2010
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Can someone please tell me what this is (pic inside)

that is the endlink for the front sway bar (stabilizer). basically improves cornering by connecting both side control arms together for better steering response. its pretty easy to change them, and i recommend the beefy moog endlinks which most auto stores should carry. or you could get the oems if you want. just raise the front of the car and put both sides on jackstands so the front wheels are in the air. undo the bolts for the endlink by using a wrench and a hex/alan key for inside the middle of the bolt to keep the stud from turning as you loosen the bolt. once everything is off, bolt on the new links and tighten, then lower the car and tighten again. as for the bouncy ride, thats just from worn out shocks.

heres a pic of the moogs, and they also have grease ports.

Name:  mooglink1.jpg
Views: 948
Size:  51.9 KB
Old 05-08-2010
Registered!!

PrimeSource is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the info Gearbox. It sounds easy enough. As far as my struts and shocks; I don't think I'm brave enough to a tempt that myself lol.
Old 05-09-2010
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

its a much harder job, but there is a great diy here by member "mex" in the diy forums for spring/shock install if you feel like reading.

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/4...info-pics.html
Old 06-09-2010
Registered!!

joenow is an unknown quantity at this point

do check the diy. i had some similar issue and it helped a lot.
Old 06-10-2010
Premium Member

i just finished the moog sway link install for the rear bar yesterday. much more of a pain than the front, and theres barely enough room to tighten everything with two wrenches. i highly recommend the moog links, they are pregreased and have grease ports, so they are completely silent. stay away from all-metal "performance" links without boots, i learned the hard way.
Old 05-14-2011
Registered!!

MarkoPollo is an unknown quantity at this point

do you have a p/n for the "beefy moog endlinks"?
Old 05-14-2011
Premium Member

I only have the front link part numbers on hand

Part numbers K90455 and K90454
Old 05-14-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by MarkoPollo
do you have a p/n for the "beefy moog endlinks"?
I've had a difficult time finding anyone in Vancouver that stocks moog parts, but energysuspensionparts.com does and they have really fair prices and shipping to Canada.
Old 05-14-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by PrimeSource
Thanks for the info Gearbox. It sounds easy enough. As far as my struts and shocks; I don't think I'm brave enough to a tempt that myself lol.
Don't be intimidated by changing struts, it's much more intimidating than it is difficult, it was the first major DIY for many of us. The only bolt that's really difficult is the one that attaches the tie rod to the strut, other than that they're all very simple.