Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

have aerospeed coilovers, need advice on springs

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
gina is an unknown quantity at this point
have aerospeed coilovers, need advice on springs

Right now I have aerospeed coilovers and with my car everyone says that springs are better. My coilovers creak, squeak, and everything else. The ride is very bouncy and i have already had to replace my shocks once. I need some advice on what to get whether it be better coilovers or springs. Im a college student, so im on a tight budget, but i need something better than i have now because its about to drive me crazy. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks
Old 08-23-2004
Jspek Inspired

aznstylez254 is an unknown quantity at this point
well you should look into goldline springs or tien s. tech springs. if you can manage to get some funds then i would go with tien basics.
Old 08-23-2004
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all
Well sounds like the problem is because of your shocks. Did you replace your shocks the first time with OEM ones? Stock shocks arent made to work well with coilovers, and they are probably blown again and that is causing you to have a shitty ride. I have also heard the areospeed coilovers are very shitty. But the shocks are most likely the problem.

Now it is up to you what you want to get. Neither are really better then one another, its all about preference. Do you want to be able to adjust your ride height, or do you want just a straight drop?

Also I recommend to upgrade your shocks to tokico or Koni if you decide to keep your coilovers. That will give you a better ride.
Old 08-23-2004
Registered!!

gina is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks, i replaced my shocks with Kyb ones. Any drop is better than stock height. I keep raising my car in hopes that it will ride better but no luck. My shocks aren't blown yet, but im sure it wont be long with my crappy coilovers. I just want a better ride. I have heard that springs would be better but wasn't sure.
Old 08-23-2004
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all
Originally Posted by gina
Thanks, i replaced my shocks with Kyb ones. Any drop is better than stock height. I keep raising my car in hopes that it will ride better but no luck. My shocks aren't blown yet, but im sure it wont be long with my crappy coilovers. I just want a better ride. I have heard that springs would be better but wasn't sure.
Well also those KYB's are pretty much the same as stock. They are OEM replacements. If you do want a better ride, change your coilovers to better ones, areospeed are cheap ones. Get some ground controls or skunk 2. Or just get full coilovers.

Well I have sportlines and konis and I like my ride. Not bouncy or anything. Alot of people on here though have adjustable coilovers and they are happy with them. It all depends.