Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

people with ground control coil-over or any kind of coil-over

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
03CivicEX03 should not be trusted03CivicEX03 should not be trusted
people with ground control coil-over or any kind of coil-over

I don't know it is me or the installer didn't install it right? I have a ground control coil-over my ride height is like 2. something in front the rear probaby around 2.5 or near there but my rear tires is slanted without camber kit installed. I don't know it all coil-over do that? everytime the car compete stop first. When the wheels started to move again like moving forward or backward my rear coil-over making some funny sound like something is rubbing on something or like something is hitting metal to metal sound. In my guessing is why it doing that is (1) i don't have camber kit and tires are slanted (2) when i order my coil-over spring i got the 01-02 model of spring. When they installed they installed the rear first soo.. they got the 01 model GC on, when they try to install the front the 01 model GC don't work because the 03 front have bigger spring soo.. they gotta reorder the front to 03 GC spring. I don't know would it affect my rear because i have 01/02 model civic GC coil-over? My front is 03 civic GC rear is 01or02 GF coil-over. Is there any different 01 and 03 model but.. i know the 03 front spring is bigger i think i think not sure. What do you guys thinks? might be...?
Old 05-25-2003
Registered!!

DizWikedCivic is on a distinguished road
this is very commom for coilover, u have clanking noise in the front and squeaking noise the rear?
there a solution for it but it doesnt really get rid of the noise completely, try searching for it
Old 05-25-2003
Registered!!

03CivicEX03 should not be trusted03CivicEX03 should not be trusted
i have the clanking noise from the rear but my front don't make any noise
Old 05-25-2003
Registered!!

DizWikedCivic is on a distinguished road
did the shop put the o-ring on the sleeve thread ring, those can be moving around, usually give it time to settle, i never heard any clanking noise from peepz usually coilover, usually they are just squeaking noise
Old 05-25-2003
Smell My Face!!

Distinctive has a brilliant futureDistinctive has a brilliant futureDistinctive has a brilliant futureDistinctive has a brilliant futureDistinctive has a brilliant futureDistinctive has a brilliant futureDistinctive has a brilliant futureDistinctive has a brilliant futureDistinctive has a brilliant futureDistinctive has a brilliant futureDistinctive has a brilliant future
yeah check the oring .....that mite be it...
Old 05-27-2003
Registered!!

TOOLOWCIVIC is an unknown quantity at this point
Just give it some time and the 01 civic groundcontrol is also for the 01 civics. No difference. Coilovers always makes noise. They will eventually go away.
Old 05-28-2003
§C§H§O§C§O§B§O

chocobo15_2000 is an unknown quantity at this point
get cambers...when i first got GC's on my 01, my rear wheels slanted 2.6 degrees (i found that out later when i got alignment done). Get your cambers ASAP or you're low profile tires will eat it big! Clanking noise is from the spring setting into the harness piece (i dunno exactly what its called but its the barrier that locks the spring so it doesn't fall off). Since the spring isn't exactly "locked" in place, it will swivel while you drive and if hit bumps n dips, the spring may pop out of place and when you drive, it'll slowly pop back in...happens to me every once in a while. Creaking is prolly a normal sound too. I hear it when i go over bumps. ^_^