Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

rear not low enough

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DXPOWER is an unknown quantity at this point
Question rear not low enough

I recently had neuspeed sports installed on my 2002 coupe. When the work was first done, I loved it. Now a few months on, my ride hight is starting to annoy me. I am happy with how low the front is, but the back is not as low. I have thought about installing neuspeed race springs in the back only,to see if the car will level out. I'm afraid that if I put all four race springs on I'll have the same problem. Anyone out there with nspeed sports have any insight to this?
Thanks.
Old 04-09-2003
www.AbsouluteDriven.com

obtix is an unknown quantity at this point
Wait, you only installed the springs on your front and not the back? @*&#$@#! - put the springs on the back!
Old 04-09-2003
www.AbsouluteDriven.com

buy ebach! ;-p
Old 04-09-2003
Registered!!

Plz re read post.
Old 04-09-2003
Retired suspension supermod.
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold
Well the fronts lower 1.75" and the rears 1.5". The rear on our car is higher anyway and usually springs lower more in the front than the rear. If that is too high for you, swap them out for goldlines because they drop the same for both front and rear. Refer to http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=57985 for more info on spring drops.
Old 04-09-2003
Registered!!

How low
do eibach's go?
Old 04-09-2003
www.AbsouluteDriven.com

If i remember correctly (the catalog is in my car) the sport lines go 1.6 all the way around.
Originally posted by DXPOWER
How low
do eibach's go?
Old 04-09-2003
Registered!!

Neuspeed sports had the same specs, but the front was lowered way more then 1.75". Maybe two or more inches. But the rear was probably right at 1.5". I'm trying to avoid the lower front thing without having to fork over the cash for coilovers. No one has tried sports on the front and race on the back?
Old 04-09-2003
Retired suspension supermod.
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold
Unless they have different spring rates then i don't see why not. YOu can try it and tell us what comes out of it.
Old 04-09-2003
Registered!!

Am I the only one whos neuspeed sports do this?
Old 04-09-2003
Registered!!

Blkcivic is an unknown quantity at this point
My goldlines **** me off! the rear sticks so high, same as not stock, just a cm lower! WTF?
Old 04-09-2003
Registered!!

Originally posted by robbclark1
Unless they have different spring rates then i don't see why not. YOu can try it and tell us what comes out of it.
Thats what I don't know. Are the spring rates different from sports and race? And if so, how will that affect the ride?
Old 04-09-2003
Reppin' "Custom Concepts"

noname is an unknown quantity at this point
How low
do eibach's go?
I think the prokit drops 1.5
and sportlines drops something like 1.75 or somthing

correct me if im wrong
Old 04-09-2003
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
flotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to behold
Eibach!

Prokit for our car is 1" and the Sportlines are 1.4"
Old 04-09-2003
Registered!!

Does anyone have neuspeed race springs on their car? If so can you post pics?
Old 04-11-2003
The Standard One

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
VNlilMAN will become famous soon enoughVNlilMAN will become famous soon enough
1) what size tires
2) how much fender gap on all sides?
when did you get them installed? i'm pretty sure you have the old coupe springs on your car then. i had the old coupe springs as well(now they're sedan springs) and the front i had 1.5 finger gap and the rear i had like 3 finger gap with stock LX wheels. called neuspeed and they said they just released a new coupe spring(cause back then they only had one). since their headquarters is an hour away i took my car to them and they swapped it for free. they might be able to swap it for you, if not just cut a coil off one of the dead coils(the coils that touch together) in the rear and the drop should even out. dont worry there is nothing wrong with cutting a DEAD COIL.
Old 04-11-2003
Registered!!

AllMotorSi is an unknown quantity at this point
Just make sure on your box it doesn't say civic four door. Mine are for the four door and they fit but are a little higher in height.
Old 04-11-2003
The Standard One

well thats the thing, when neuspeed first released their springs. it was for both coupe and sedan so it doesnt say it on the box. and not too many people keep their box anyways.
Old 04-11-2003
SDE
Registered!!

SDE is an unknown quantity at this point
Neuspeed Race (Front)
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	sde_civic_09.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	35.4 KB
ID:	958  
Old 04-11-2003
SDE
Registered!!

SDE is an unknown quantity at this point
Neuspeed Race (Entire Vehicle). Sorry about the size but originally it was way too big of a file size to post
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	sde_civic_18.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	49.9 KB
ID:	959  
Old 04-12-2003
Registered!!

JoOLeESaUr is an unknown quantity at this point
i got my car lowered w/ the neuspeed sports about a year and a half ago...and i have the same problem...it bothers me a lot..i'd attach a picture..but i dont know how
Old 04-15-2003
Registered!!

Originally posted by VNlilMAN
1) what size tires
2) how much fender gap on all sides?
when did you get them installed? i'm pretty sure you have the old coupe springs on your car then. i had the old coupe springs as well(now they're sedan springs) and the front i had 1.5 finger gap and the rear i had like 3 finger gap with stock LX wheels. called neuspeed and they said they just released a new coupe spring(cause back then they only had one). since their headquarters is an hour away i took my car to them and they swapped it for free. they might be able to swap it for you, if not just cut a coil off one of the dead coils(the coils that touch together) in the rear and the drop should even out. dont worry there is nothing wrong with cutting a DEAD COIL.
205/40/17. Approx 2" fender gap in front left and right. 3" in the back, and the right rear seems alittle higher than the left rear. Weird.
Anyway, do you know who I should talk to at neuspeed about this? I live in friggin tennessee
so I don't know about swapping, but I hope. Did they replace all four? Did it correct the problem? And are you happy with them? Thanks.
Oh yeah, I bought them in October 2002, and had them installed this past january.

Last edited by DXPOWER; 04-15-2003 at 01:43 PM.
Old 04-15-2003
Registered!!

eXNBP is an unknown quantity at this point
205/40/17. Approx 2" fender gap in front left and right. 3" in the back, and the right rear seems alittle higher than the left rear. Weird.
That is normal with Neuspeed because more weight is always on the left side because of the driver and the block being on the left.
Anyway, do you know who I should talk to at neuspeed about this? I live in friggin tennessee
Go to their website they should hve a number to call up
so I don't know about swapping, but I hope. Did they replace all four? Did it correct the problem? And are you happy with them? Thanks.
Oh yeah, I bought them in October 2002, and had them installed this past january.
They should settle in time. My Neuspeed race settled evenly after like 6 months of hard driving ahha
Old 04-15-2003
raysz

eibach claims their sportline lowers 1.4" all around. When I had mine, the back wheels had last gap than the front. It was like 1.4" drop in Front, 1.75" drop in Rear. The stock suspension had a little rake. With sportlines, that rake is gone. I think it looks better a little higher in the rear. That's why a changed to GC's.
Old 04-16-2003
I Queef > You

sKwiD is on a distinguished road
I have a sedan on Neuspeed Sports and the back was kinda high to me too. Well here's what I did. I flew back to Texas, loaded my car up with all of my clothes and stock springs and lights and everything until my rear was sagging, then drove my @$$ all the way back to San Diego, CA. Now, my rear sits perfectly even with the front. Only like 1 finger gap w/ 205/40/17. So just carry a few bricks in the back of your trunk for a while and it'll settle.

I've heard people with coupes and Neuspeed Sports just cutting one or two dead coils off, if that helps.
Old 04-16-2003
Registered!!

VinlilMan,

Who did you talk to at neuspeed to get ur springs swapped? Hopefully
if I talk to someone who's done the swap before, I'll have more of a chance of having mine swapped. Thanks.
Old 04-16-2003
Registered!!

Originally posted by raysz
eibach claims their sportline lowers 1.4" all around. When I had mine, the back wheels had last gap than the front. It was like 1.4" drop in Front, 1.75" drop in Rear. The stock suspension had a little rake. With sportlines, that rake is gone. I think it looks better a little higher in the rear. That's why a changed to GC's.
A little higher is good, but the rear of my car is too high. I can't afford coilovers, so I'm trying
to find a solution with only springs. Take a look at my gallery and tell what you think.
Thanks.
Old 04-16-2003
The Standard One

oct of 02? they released the coupe kit in like march/april of 02. but ya its still possible you got the old kit. i would first check the model number printed on the spring. or if you have the box, check what it says on the box.
sorry its been a year so i dont remember who i exactly talked to. i just remembered i called, explained my situation and they said ok. only difference between coupe/sedan springs are the height of the rear springs. so ya they "replaced" my REAR springs. i say "replaced" because i think they just cut a dead coil off the rear. cutting a DEAD COIL is perfectly fine.
you can always call and ask(if you want the number i'll get it for you). i'm thinking they're going to tell you to cut it tho. if they do replace it you'll probably have to send in your rear springs and they'll send you a new one. but ya good luck with everything.
Old 04-16-2003
The Standard One

hey joolee, when i saw your car it looked fine to me... hmm maybe i'll get a better look next time tho.
to attach a pic just click on "post a reply" at the bottom right.
then under "Attach file: Maximum size: 51200 bytes" just hit the browse and look for the file.
Old 04-16-2003
Registered!!

Originally posted by VNlilMAN
oct of 02? they released the coupe kit in like march/april of 02. but ya its still possible you got the old kit. i would first check the model number printed on the spring. or if you have the box, check what it says on the box.
sorry its been a year so i dont remember who i exactly talked to. i just remembered i called, explained my situation and they said ok. only difference between coupe/sedan springs are the height of the rear springs. so ya they "replaced" my REAR springs. i say "replaced" because i think they just cut a dead coil off the rear. cutting a DEAD COIL is perfectly fine.
you can always call and ask(if you want the number i'll get it for you). i'm thinking they're going to tell you to cut it tho. if they do replace it you'll probably have to send in your rear springs and they'll send you a new one. but ya good luck with everything.
I bought them from a distributor (ARD performance) and they possibly had the old coupe springs on the shelf I guess. Either way, thanks for the info. Nice car too.