Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

tokico and coilovers

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
xmeeksx is an unknown quantity at this point
tokico and coilovers

i have been reading a lot of the post about tokico shocks and one particular post bothered me. it was concerning coilovers and how it might not work with the tokico. i cant remember if it was talking about illuminas or blues, but does anyone know if this applies to the 7th gen civics also. i have ground controls and i do not wish to purchase new springs to accomodate tokicos. if that was the case then i might have to go with tein basic damper whenever that comes out.
Old 03-21-2003
Retired suspension supermod.
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold
Well we wouldn't know because tokico shocks aren't out yet. Please search for tokico and you will find they won't be making them until at least the summer. There is one guy that says he is getting them, but he is friends with someone whos dad is the VP of the company. The only shocks out now are the konis and they are inserts. They will work with coilovers. There will probably be no answer for your question until the tokico's or the kyb's get released later this year.
Rob
Old 03-21-2003
The Standard One

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
VNlilMAN will become famous soon enoughVNlilMAN will become famous soon enough
if you get a reputable coilover company i'm sure they'll make it work. just like groundcontrols have adapters for koni's. but ya as robb said no one is sure since they havnt even come out yet.
Old 03-21-2003
Registered!!

xmeeksx is an unknown quantity at this point
damn it!..what is up with tokicos or any other companies making struts and taking so long! i know there are many 7th gen owners out there in need of shocks. looks like they dont realize how much money they can make by making full replacements. konis seem good but the idea of cutting the front suspension does not appeal to me. i might just end up with the tein basic damper if it comes out much sooner than tokicos. unless tokicos actually come out around march or april which is what i read in some threads.
Old 03-21-2003
Retired suspension supermod.
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold
Its not they don't realize it, the fact that the chassis is brand new and that the stupid front mounts are located so close to the motor mounts, they are having a hard time making them. They have been working on them since day one. The konis SUCK! You have to cut your front strut and my friend's rears just busted when BOTH perches broke!! I would get true coilovers if you want to lower that bad. And tokico's will not be out in april!
Old 03-21-2003
The Standard One

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
VNlilMAN will become famous soon enoughVNlilMAN will become famous soon enough
ya dont expect it to be out anytime soon.. i really dont see what takes them so long either tho, i mean ya i understand they dont want to rush it like koni did but it takes what 2 1/2 years to develop them? come on... true coilovers have the steering arm that works perfectly fine, if they can make it why can't tokico