Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

For all that do things cheaply...

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ASWZero is an unknown quantity at this point
For all that do things cheaply...

Now that you have changed your car's spring rate, have you stiffen the car in the front and rear?

Strut bars help the car handle better and last longer. The noises you might be hearing are you car twisting and bending on the turns. The unibody car was meant to handle the stock suspension. If you use stock parts with aftermarket parts, expect problems. Is it worth lowering your car cheaply for now, or is it worth saving up and lowering your car the right way later.

You can get strut bars for your car for under a hundred dollars. Sure I mentioned you should save for the brand name bars, but if you car is lowered, it is worth it. Race cars are not put on the track until they have been stiffened first(roll cages - the balance of the car is never lost). I had the NEX coils for a while and went back to eibach and had trouble taking off ramps at 55 mph(with stock tires). Now I have peformance tires and sleeve coils and one of my shocks is blown. I have trouble taking it at 45 mph. Just waiting for my Teins, but my car will never handle the same as it first did, unless I get my car balanced out at all four corners. Time for class, later.