Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

SNAP!(not POP) when steering at stop/low speed

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
3rdcivic is an unknown quantity at this point
SNAP!(not POP) when steering at stop/low speed

I have GC's and Koni struts and yes, I have the notorious POP when I turn my wheels for the first time after my car has been sitting. But... now I have this SNAP sound that is eminating from the front left strut (so it seems). I cannot feel it in my steering column but it seems to happen when I'm either stopped or driving VERY slow (3-5 mph) and turn the wheel (most of the time when turning to the left). It will happen once when turning to the left(about mid-way through the stroke) and then once more when I return the wheel to the right. I thought it might be my tie-rod end because it was not torqued to the 32 lbs/ft recommended by Honda. However, now that it is torqued, and still happening, I have no idea what it is. Let me repeat...It is not the popping noise from the coil-over spring/perches (I know that sound and have gotten used to it).

Can anyone with similar issues help me on this one? I've SEARCHED but cannot find topics that address this particular issue. However, it sounds like some of you have this noise and know what I'm talking about.

THANK YOU

TJ