Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

Thoughts on Energy Suspension Bushings?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hondoyota is an unknown quantity at this point
Thoughts on Energy Suspension Bushings?

So I got a master set of Energy polyurethane bushings for my car, but was mainly interested in installing them for my front control arms. I have heard mostly praise online about their performance, so I was all set to get them installed... Then I talked to a couple shops who do performance suspension work who made me reconsider. The shops say they actually recommend I steer clear of poly bushings for a road car since 1) the ride will be unbearable on the street, and 2) with regular use on the street, I should only expect the lower control arm bushings to last about 8k miles since that's usually when they fail. Has anyone else installed these and seen undesirable results? Curious if folks are just making this stuff up, or if I should consider going with OEM bushings instead.
Old 04-18-2017
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,146 Likes on 801 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Thoughts on Energy Suspension Bushings?

I'm rocking ES LCA bushings in my 02 ex daily driver. I tapped in some zerk fittings so I could relube them if/when they start squeaking.

I've had them on my car for.. 2 years now with no issues? Something like that.
Old 04-18-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hondoyota is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx
I'm rocking ES LCA bushings in my 02 ex daily driver. I tapped in some zerk fittings so I could relube them if/when they start squeaking.

I've had them on my car for.. 2 years now with no issues? Something like that.
How is the ride? Would your Grandma complain if she rode in your car?
Old 04-18-2017
The legs in the public bathroom stall

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
mcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to behold

I drove on poly UCA bushings for a few years. Mine always had a squeak and I never relubed them. The ride wasn't much harder than factory. To put it into perspective. The double wishbone accords don't use an bushing on the upper control arms they used an actual bearing. Those accords don't suffer for an extremely harsh ride. Properly sized, designed, and installed poly bushings should last a good long time.