Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

lowering on tein

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2014
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
em2 10 is an unknown quantity at this point
lowering on tein

hey guys im new to this hope to get some help from you guys. I am looking to lower my 04 civic ex coupe..... just purchased tein SKA22-AUB00 how would my ride look if you guys can help out. people are telling me ima need struts????
Old 05-24-2014
Prelude Owner

Received 305 Likes on 215 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: lowering on tein

Welcome

You might need new struts depending on how good of condition your current ones are in. Always best to replace them if you are lowering. The car will handle better with a more performance oriented shock. It will also last longer due to the lowering spring having a higher spring rate.
Old 05-24-2014
Registered!!

em2 10 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by GolNat
Welcome

You might need new struts depending on how good of condition your current ones are in. Always best to replace them if you are lowering. The car will handle better with a more performance oriented shock. It will also last longer due to the lowering spring having a higher spring rate.

what kind of struts do you recomend?
Old 05-27-2014
Registered!!

aircooledjames is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by em2 10
what kind of struts do you recomend?
Depends on how much you want to spend.
Bilstein is the best oem replacement (handling/comfort), but also the most expensive.
Koni yellow i think would be second best.
Tokiko Blues are also respectable.

A cheap mod would be finding type-r dc5 shocks, (when i had my car) i bought them used on ebay for $300 shipped. It lowers a little, but gave me "type-r" handling.

If you drop the car the oem shocks will blow(almost guaranteed).
Old 05-27-2014
Super Moderator

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts
Poopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of light

I keep hearing good things about the Blues all over this site.
Old 05-27-2014
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

1.5" drop is pretty much maxing out tokico blues. Go with Koni Yellows. They are more work but from what I've been hearing worth it.